Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPQuestions

Cracking Yellow Label Slab to Press and Resubmit9102

Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a 9.6 graded book and had it signed/remarked by the seller who then resubmitted it for grading. Based on the grader notes after resubmission to CBCS, I think it can be pressed to hit a 9.8.

What options do I have to get it pressed AND maintain the yellow label with CBCS?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@ninjarobert you have them press it so it doesnt lose its yellow label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Is that the only option? I have two small non-colorbreaking indentations on the back cover near the staples. I 'normal' pressing will not get them out.

Never mind: I just read the CBCS page on pressing. Sounds like they will look at grader's notes and determine if they can improve it with pressing.

Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
You can send a yellow label CBCS book to Josh Avery from Avery Comic Pressing LLC and he will dry clean it and press it and it will keep its yellow label status. Cheaper and faster than CBCS pressing. I'd say better but I have never used Steve for pressing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
You can send a yellow label CBCS book to Josh Avery from Avery Comic Pressing LLC and he will dry clean it and press it and it will keep its yellow label status. Cheaper and faster than CBCS pressing. I'd say better but I have never used Steve for pressing.

Ohhh, I’ve used him before. Thanks.

Is there some way that I could just do it myself?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobert
Quote:

Not if you want to keep a Yellow Label. You do it yourself and you will have to submit it for a Red Label.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

No. You need a Pressing Service Agreement with CBCS to be able to CPR (crack, press, resubmit) yellow label Signature Series books AND retain the yellow label upon re-submission.

To my knowledge, there no more than six pressing services that can do this for CBCS and two that can do the same for books pressed and returned for regrading with CGC
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Quote:

No. You need a Pressing Service Agreement with CBCS to be able to CPR (crack, press, resubmit) yellow label Signature Series books AND retain the yellow label upon re-submission.

To my knowledge, there no more than six pressing services that can do this for CBCS and two that can do the same for books pressed and returned for regrading with CGC

Would it be too much to list them so that forum members are in the know? I myself would like to know. I know Josh can handle CBCS books. Joey can handle both CBCS and CGC. I don't know if you can also.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim
I can do CBCS. So can Mike at Hero Restoration and Josh at Avery Pressing. I don't about others. And of course CBCS has their own in house service.

I've never seen a list of such from either CGC or CBCS. The CGC list would be super short, since I'm 99% certain it's their in house service CCS and Joe (CFP comics)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
@SpiderTim
I can do CBCS. So can Mike at Hero Restoration and Josh at Avery Pressing. I don't about others. And of course CBCS has their own in house service.

I've never seen a list of such from either CGC or CBCS. The CGC list would be super short, since I'm 99% certain it's their in house service CCS and Joe (CFP comics)

Thanks for sharing!
Post 10 IP   flag post
601379 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?