Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Spawn 300 looooks siiiiickk9089

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw the live stream from facebook. Spawn 300 sounds like its going to be a killer issue. JSC and Capullo !!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
When he said Jerome Opeña was doing interiors and a cover, I almost fainted. Like Todd said himself, I haven't seen a bad Opeña page.

Todd said he wasn't going to do a 100 covers(thank you), but I still counted a minimum of 5. Cover A (Jason Alexander?), Cover B (Todd's cover), Opeña, J. Scott Campbell, and Capullo. Which isnt bad since Spawn has recently been shipping out 3 covers.

Not sure if Cover B counts towards the cover Todd was going to do or not. Also not sure if Cover A will be Jason Shawn Alexander's.

Also if Virgin Covers are involved this number could grow.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hope they do a sketch cover instead of a b/w or a virgin cover like they have been. I would definitely buy one of them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder if print run will hit 1 million
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope they don’t use an asm 300 repro for the main cover. Let spawn be his own character.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like the repro 300 is cover B. 300 is going to be quite epic!!! VERY excited. Toddfather will deliver!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here's Todd's 1st Spawn "cover". Apparently he drew this back in 1977. I guess he was about 16 and already making comics lol

If you think about then to now, that's 42 years of Spawn

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
I really hope they don’t use an asm 300 repro for the main cover. Let spawn be his own character.

I'd be happy if they didn't do an ASM 300 swipe at all. I'm about ASM 300'd out......
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

I'd be happy if they didn't do an ASM 300 swipe at all. I'm about ASM 300'd out......

Spawn 301 is also going to be a cover swipe of Amazing Spiderman 301. Same colors and all. He showed it briefly in his live stream.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This does feel like he's riding off his own coat tails, no?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yeah maybe...I just think hes proud of what hes doing is all. And being smart and doing the covers that he knows will sell instead of chancing it with new.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

"Todd after Todd" is kinda his thing now lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The swipes are getting so lazy.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I'm excited..
And there's not going to be a million different covers , even more excited.

The swipes are one set .. then there will be another original mcfarlane, a Capullo , Campbell and Alexander .. I'm down for the lot
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I'm excited..
And there's not going to be a million different covers , even more excited.

The swipes are one set .. then there will be another original mcfarlane, a Capullo , Campbell and Alexander .. I'm down for the lot

It will not be cheap at $7.99 a pop.

I plan on getting the Opena, Jason Shawn Alexander, and Campbell. If Todd's cover is something different than the swipe, then that one as well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forgot about these swipes for 298 and 299. These are the only covers available I believe in trade, b&w, and virgin.

Spawnom Reveal in Issue 300???

Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 18 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
The reveal to me was exciting as the announcement of Diablo Immortal.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How is that even physically possible...to ride ones own coattails?
Post 20 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Because he is a wizard, Harry.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
Love those Spiderman 297, 298, and 300 homage covers coming up for Spawn.
Post 22 IP   flag post
According to Pre-Orders, 12 different covers for issue 300. Covers A-L
Post 23 IP   flag post
There maybe one or so exclusive somewhere because Jim Lee is supposedly on board with the issue.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Do not see Jim Lee on the list of variants.

By the way, I'm all in. This is the first time an Independent publisher title broke 300 issues. So for me, I chose all of them. Including the 1:50 Virgin McFarlane cover L
Post 25 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke maybe with Scorpion comics. Todd said it on his fb page or somewhere about Jim Lee.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I hear that. Super excited for Opeña's and JSC's cover. I managed to pre-order all but the Cover K Virgin. I'll have to hope Midtown has some left when it hits their brick & mortar.

I am curious how many covers there will be for 301.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Oh .. that's a bit more than I was hoping for as imagine there well be quite a few for 301 too ..
Post 28 IP   flag post
Todd also said no store variants...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Todd also said no store variants...

That jerk
Post 30 IP   flag post
601464 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?