Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Have you ever found comics you forgot you had?9088

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been slowly clearing out the garage of stuff I haven’t opened since moving in 2012, some boxes even going back to 2000...
Anyway, I thought I had pulled all my comics from the proverbial mothballs around 3 yrs ago until today, I found a full run of Spawn 1-72.
Feeling pretty good now.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Awww yeah! Christmas in May brother!
Post 2 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

They’re all there! 🎉
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, then I forget about them again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
All the time. And then there are those comics that I know I owned and don't remember getting rid of that I haven't seen in like 25 years. Maybe someday I can pull a Joosh and find a misplaced box of comics too!
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
And then there are those comics that I know I owned and don't remember getting rid of that I haven't seen in like 25 years.

This... me, too... way too often.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Rediscovered my Detective 880 that way.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh

They’re all there! 🎉

I'm just amazed how you got an aerial view of all those comics in one shot!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
what about comics you know you have but can't find (goal this year is to really really organize the books) or don't remember getting rid of!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
With me its the entire 10 long boxes I sent off to store at my moms house a few hours away years ago...I haven't been up in her storage to look through them in about 20 years....not even sure what all I sent at the time....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
The first one that comes to mind is this. It came with the 2003 DVD release I got for Christmas 2004 (I think my wife found it at Sam Goody). I honestly cannot remember if I was even aware it was in the box, but I'm thinking not because I was going through our storage unit a few years ago and decided to look through the box.

Voilà!

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh

They’re all there! 🎉

Newsstand 3 & 6 nice.

When I move I also name all my comics -- kitchen/junk drawer.

👍
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Last month when I went to a storage while looking for something else I found an eternals 1 9.8 I bought 2 years ago and forgot all about.

Bonus
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I need to find a comic I thought I bought but cannot find! An Amaxing Spider-Man 9!
Post 14 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
I need to find a comic I thought I bought but cannot find! An Amaxing Spider-Man 9!

I'm with you, I'm pretty sure i bought a Silver Surfer #4 about 3 years ago (before it got super hot)and now i need to find it to slab it. I just found 8-10 treasury editions that I bought from the local drugstore in the late 70's I need to figure out what to do with. probably put them up here for sale but they are so large how would i ship them?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
what about comics you know you have but can't find (goal this year is to really really organize the books) or don't remember getting rid of!!!

The first ten or so Sandman comics, with those beautiful painted covers. Can't find 'em to save my life. I had two copies of #1, because that was in my "speculation" phase.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I had no idea I bought this one back in the day (The Infinity Gauntlet). But I found it when I was looking for comics to get signed by George Perez. Quite serendipitous. I'm hoping to get it back before Christmas.

Post 17 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

bold text
I just found this tonight. marvel super heroes 13 First appearance of Carol Danvers. You can see by the sticker I paid 14 dollars for it. About 3 years ago.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Sorry about the picture quality, i was just excited to find it in the first place.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

I bought a big buttload of batman books from this guy off Ebay about a decade ago. The stuff got shoved in a corner and I forgot about them. This guy had a solid run of every batman related books known to man. Batman outsiders, death in family, year 1, every catwoman book. Trade paperback and such. It's crazy. This guy was a bat fanatic and a half.

Found an xmen book in the lot. I doubt it's worth squat, but the signature looks kinda like Jim Lee. Not sure it's even worth authenticating
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I just found a box full of Sentry comics I forgot I had.
Or maybe that's what happened when the Sentry teamed with Reed Richards and Dr. Strange to create the system which made Earth's entire population, themselves included, forget all about the Sentry....

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot what were we looking for again? That how I seem to find them.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I almost threw away a Hulk #5 (1st series) because it was stuck in the pages of a damaged copy of the Comic Buyers Guide. I'd use the CBG to protect it on the way home and then forgot about it for years.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, never forgot comics I had...NEVER!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

bold text
I just found this tonight. marvel super heroes 13 First appearance of Carol Danvers. You can see by the sticker I paid 14 dollars for it. About 3 years ago.

The reason I didn't know I had it is because I bought it because I'm a fan of the Real Captain Marvel. So while I was going through a box of comics, i typed it in to see how much it was going for, expecting I would see 30 bucks or so, when i saw how much it was going for i read the description and discovered it was the Carol Danvers first appearance book. Nice surprise, but I'm torn, i really like Captain Marvel and don't care a out Carol Danvers, hence the conundrum, slab and sell or slab and keep?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I say slab and keep. While you dont care for Danvers, your collection will be incomplete of the character you really care about.

In any event, unless your hurting for money, you have a long time to weigh the pros and cons.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I say slab and keep. While you dont care for Danvers, your collection will be incomplete of the character you really care about.

In any event, unless your hurting for money, you have a long time to weigh the pros and cons.

I not hard up for it, so i probably will not sell it, but I really like it. So, i guess that's my real struggle. I like Captain Marvel but do i like him more than a few hundred bucks... probably hut still thinking.
Post 28 IP   flag post
it turns out I really like money but it doesn't like me.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
The reason I didn't know I had it is because I bought it because I'm a fan of the Real Captain Marvel.

You mean this guy, right?

Post 30 IP   flag post
601528 61 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?