Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Had this idea to get a bunch of different artists to do sketches on my Heroes in Crisis sketch cover (not original; I realize, just setting up the question). Has anyone done this before? Do you have to get a witness every time the book changes hands? Can the artists just hand it off and maintain chain-of-custody? Anyone have an idea of what most charge for a quick remark style head sketch? Trying to figure out my chances of getting this done Thursday afternoon before it gets too crazy on Friday Saturday and get my other signatures/witnessed books. Any advice anyone has on pulling this off would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, you will need a witness there each time it changes hands and they will have to take possession of the book until it is ready to submit.

No, artists cannot hand it off to one another and still get a yellow label. Besides, asking artists to leave their table to hand-deliver your book to another artist is asking a lot. Not great con etiquette.

Remark prices can vary a lot by artist. Many will do them free, some will charge. It’s a wide spectrum.

I think the best advice, though it may be too late at this point, would be to apply as an AW yourself so you don’t have to wrangle a witness from the CBCS booth after each sketch
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah, I was thinking about their proximity, not them wandering around with a comic. Thanks for the advice. Oddly, I thought becoming an AW would still only mean you witness others. Weird to think I could witness my own sigs. Appreciate the feedback. Just know it's hard to track witnesses sometimes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
So...I didn't quite get there. I ran into a...well, what I guess I'll call a weird issue that I didn't quite get finished. I wanted a Booster gold on the back across from Harley. Topped it off with Mann and King sigs and sent off to CBCS. The CBCS guys were AMAZING in helping me get this done. Robin by Holly G!, Wally West-Flash by Agnes Garbowska, Poison Ivy by Sorah Suhng, Wonder Woman by Dawn McTeigue (forgive any spelling errors). Harley Quinn by Anna Zhou. Tom and Clay signed on the front near Wonder Woman. They were all amazing in doing these sketches for me.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't really understand the desire to have people draw on comics. I like the idea of buying a sketchbook. Get a highly respected artist to draw on the first page and lesser known or less popular artists will be excited to be in the same book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I don't really understand the desire to have people draw on comics. I like the idea of buying a sketchbook. Get a highly respected artist to draw on the first page and lesser know artists will be excited to be in the same book.
Uh, OK...I guess my response would be because it's fun. As for the rest of your comment, that's some conceited stuff right there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Suddenly feel like I'm at the CGC forums.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 that's amazing art on that comic man! Congrats!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Suddenly feel like I'm at the CGC forums.

And I'm so sorry.... No one and I repeat, NO ONE should feel they are back at the CGC forums! That's like the worst thing... ever...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I don't really understand the desire to have people draw on comics. I like the idea of buying a sketchbook. Get a highly respected artist to draw on the first page and lesser known or less popular artists will be excited to be in the same book.

To each their own. That’s what you like, but I think @etapi65’s idea is pretty cool too. Whatever makes you a happy collector as long as you do no harm to others and are respectful to the artists.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598059 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?