Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there just recently got a comic off of eBay, and unfortunately the auction didn't mention the page tear on the auction or show it in the pictures. I'm tempted to return the comic and get a refund, but I'm curious on how much the grade of the comic will be affected by the corner rip. Any rough guesses on the potential grade the book could receive is much appreciated!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I say return it. With that chunk missing, mid-grade is the best you can expect (haven't closely examined the pic for other flaws). Also, dirtiest backing board ever.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blah, didn't know the grade would take that big of a hit! Also, yes I was surprised by how dirty the backboard was as well. XD
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with returning it but I think if it doesn’t have too many more issues, it could grade between 8.0-8.5

The notes on this book state “1" tear with 1/2" crease bottom back cover breaks color.”
Post 4 IP   flag post
I would be fine with an 8.0 or 8.5 if there are no other serious issues with it. Just wasn't sure if the tear could knock it down to a 5.0 or 6.0 with said defect. I was looking at getting this signed by the other Batman Animated Series voice actors, and just didn't want to drop more money down on it if the grade was going to take to big of a hit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
return it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. Return it and buy a mint copy to collect all your signatures on.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you for the advice guys, I did just go ahead and return the item. If it was just a tear I could deal with that, but the missing chunk is just to much of a hit.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. Chunks hurt, but so do rips/tears.
I wish you luck on your quest!
Post 9 IP   flag post
601347 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?