Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Marvel Spotlight/Hero for Hire9040

Collector benparker private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone knows that MSL #5 is a valuable book,the same for HfH #1.My question is, do the subsequent Spotlights featuring Ghost Rider each have about the same value or are some more valuable than others?

Similar question for HfH since there are only 16 or 17 issues in the title does everything after #1 have about the same value? (both cases assuming equal grade)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
EBay for the win.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
EBay for the win.
Yes but EBay(even with it's millions and millions of buyers and sellers) doesn't have the collective wisdom contained within the threads of this esteemed forum.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a price guide kind sir. Check the completed auctions and you shall seek the answer you seek......
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I only use eBay sales to set value. How many times have I heard from an old timer “that’s a $10 book” and I say “get your nose out of the price guide”
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by benparker
Everyone knows that MSL #5 is a valuable book,the same for HfH #1.My question is, do the subsequent Spotlights featuring Ghost Rider each have about the same value or are some more valuable than others?

Similar question for HfH since there are only 16 or 17 issues in the title does everything after #1 have about the same value? (both cases assuming equal grade)

If I understand the question, and without looking at completed sales (the ONLY way to determine FMV for yourself), I'd have to say not necessarily. Such a thing would suggest a SET pattern and rules. Perhaps something like this would better apply to a very old and relatively quiet comic series without much in the way of 'Keys', where there isn't a lot of sales history, but for Bronze books like these, all it takes is guest appearance to make the 6th book hotter than the 3rd. But specifically for these? I'd have to investigate.

People (not necessarily referring to the OP) really need to realize that investigating makes the hobby a lot more fun, especially if you discover something more or less unknown. Rare anymore, but it still happens.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

If I understand the question, and without looking at completed sales (the ONLY way to determine FMV for yourself), I'd have to say not necessarily. Such a thing would suggest a SET pattern and rules. Perhaps something like this would better apply to a very old and relatively quiet comic series without much in the way of 'Keys', where there isn't a lot of sales history, but for Bronze books like these, all it takes is guest appearance to make the 6th book hotter than the 3rd. But specifically for these? I'd have to investigate.

People (not necessarily referring to the OP) really need to realize that investigating makes the hobby a lot more fun, especially if you discover something more or less unknown. Rare anymore, but it still happens.
You made the point of my questions exactly,do any of the comic experts here have a reason or theory as to why or if one issue should be more valuable than another.I, or anyone else, can look on EBay,I was hoping to generate thoughts or conversation about the contents of the books.I chose those titles because the universe for both is quite limited.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
why... one issue should be more valuable than another.

Many reasons why; Content, Creative Team, Issue # (1, 50, 100, so on), Scarcity, and even Internet rumors (speculation).
Post 8 IP   flag post
600893 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?