Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector spiderdave private msg quote post Address this user
I have ordered packages of Mylites 2 from several different vendors on Amazon. Recently I have noticed that the Mylites I have been getting feel sticky/tacky coming out of the package. Is this a problem in manufacture or storage from the vendor? Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am reluctant to use the bags and the E. Gerber rep I contacted was unable to explain it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I've gone through at least 1,500 bags in the past few months and haven't noticed anything. One LCS near me uses them on a consistent basis and he hasn't had any problems either.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
When you say sticky/Tacky, do you mean the mylites are sticking to each other, or they stick to your hand?

I’ve always found them to not be that slippery when compared to basic plastic sleeves like bcw. For example, you can stack mylites up pretty high without the pile sliding over unlike regular bags...But they are not sticky to the touch either.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, mylites slightly stick to each other but not to your hands etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they were stored in extreme heat environments
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
They sometimes have a static cling effect between the bags but nothing sticky that I have experienced. I have bought them on a number of different occasions from E Gerber and other vendors. Never had a problem.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector spiderdave private msg quote post Address this user
When I say sticky/tacky I mean that they stick to each other and they also stick to my hands. I have not had this problem with them until recently. If I spread them out and leave them out, they sometimes improve, but I have ordered them from multiple vendors on Amazon and more often than not they have been coming this way.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@spiderdave
Edit: had to remove my original response as I don't think I caught the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdave
I have ordered them from multiple vendors on Amazon and more often than not they have been coming this way.

If that's the case, how is the humidity in your home? I'd think it to be a static related issue as well like @BrianGreensnips says below.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdave
When I say sticky/tacky I mean that they stick to each other and they also stick to my hands. I have not had this problem with them until recently. If I spread them out and leave them out, they sometimes improve, but I have ordered them from multiple vendors on Amazon and more often than not they have been coming this way.
That is a static charge. Ground yourself to metal first and see if that makes a difference when touching them. Especially if you were shuffling your feet across your carpeting.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601460 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?