Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededSignatures

How would these Sigs be labeled?9033

Collector Mountain_11B private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question, in 1997 there was a Comic Book Convention in NYC by my school. I went and it was amazing, got to talk and meet several people. I am currently trying to make my "Man Cave" and thinking about getting these Graded but I don't want it to labeled anything other than authentic. From reading I see that signatures have to be witnessed now, how does this affect any signatures collected before grading and authenticating was a thing? I really don't want to spend money to get these graded and authenticated and get some label like "writing on cover" or something like that. Cause if that's the case I might as well just frame them and hang them on a wall. Any insight will be much appreciated, thanks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has a service where sigs can be verified. It will get a red label (if verified) instead of the yellow label a witnessed sig would get.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Go to the home page here and look under "OUR SERVICES".
Welcome to the Forum.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
You can send them in for verification with CBCS.

The real treasure here is the Julie Shwartz sigs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, for the info.

Yeah I just recently found out Julius Schwartz passed away which got me looking through my collections.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
If you don’t want to take the chance of them failing verification and wasting $$, look into comic skins. You can make your own label design and they have special mounting designed for their cases.

You witnessed them....you know they are authentic...and they are not a high grade....if they’re always going to be with you why send them in just to get a red label? Spend the money on a comic skin and make it what you want it to be.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Comic skins? I’ll look into that also. I also just want the comic to be preserved and sealed to avoid any future damage. I don’t trust my kids lol. Would a comic skin also seal it?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Also is a Red Label considered a bad thing?
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
No.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you to everyone who replied
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_11B
Also is a Red Label considered a bad thing?

No. For Creator's like Jack Kirby who passed away before 3rd Party Grading, Red is the only way they'll be labeled, and Collectors in the know realize this.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The downside is that signature authentication isn’t cheap. You’re looking at $25 for the first sig and $15 for each additional sig and that’s on top of regular grading and shipping fees so you’re looking at nearly $100 per book to get all the signatures authenticated.

Otherwise, Comic Skins are a good alternative. They also sell clear backing boards that you can use with a mylar sleeve
Post 12 IP   flag post
597922 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?