Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are 3 that I sent out to CGC. I was really hoping that the Newstand ASM 265 would have come back at 9.8 I wonder if it is because it was white to off white pages.I had them pressed through CCS too. Overall I was happy with the Nova #1 grades.

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

I made another lunch break purchase..I really wanted this for a while....
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Here are 3 that I sent out to CGC. I was really hoping that the Newstand ASM 265 would have come back at 9.8 I wonder if it is because it was white to off white pages.I had them pressed through CCS too. Overall I was happy with the Nova #1 grades.

My 9.6s have always been due to "scuffs" which I've always read to mean "we can tell someone has touched this".
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Man that 9.6 Nova is sweet. I submitted on myself but it came back a 9.4. Guess I can be to picky it was a PGX 9.0 I cracked and pressed myself.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Look what showed up in today's mail! It's taken me forever, and this copy is a little rougher than I had hoped to purchase, but it's all mine. As the price for this issue kept going up, my tolerance for lower grades also had to increase. All in all, not too bad looking for a 3.5, and with the eBucks special, I had to finally pull the trigger. One more issue to go for the first 66 issues.

Awesome book, man your photos are always super clear. How do you manage to photo them so clean. Mine always have tones of glare
Post 180 IP   flag post

Acquired this today. Super stoked, been after this book for a long time with out some kind of cover fold. Now to get her pressed cleaned and off for grading. Going to use one of my membership coupons so hopefully the wait wont be to long
Post 181 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics - I use an HP Scanjet 8300 large format scanner that I bought used on ebay 3 or 4 years ago. It gives you a decent scan/picture most of the time, but sometimes you still get glare.
Post 182 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson - That beauty is also on my want list, Ed. Great pickup!
Post 183 IP   flag post
I picked this up a few weeks ago from @Darkseid_of_town and just got around to scanning it, but I wanted to give a shout out to our resident Paleontologist and Kirby enthusiast. I have been wheeling and dealing with Michael for several months now and wanted to say thank you for making all the transactions as smooth as spider silk.

Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Man, so many books I want to have graded....but end up spending the money on more books instead!
Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

My 9.6s have always been due to "scuffs" which I've always read to mean "we can tell someone has touched this".
You woul think scuffs would come out if they were cleaned...maybe not or did you not get them pressed and cleaned?
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I assume CCS does the cleaning with the pressing. I will take a closer look at the ASM 265. I also had too much sunlight when taking those photos.
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I've always read scuffs as a decrease in gloss that could come with touching a comic a few times. In fact, I've had creators rub the cover of a book to "scuff" it enough to hold the signature on the gloss.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Got my daughter the San Diego comic con sailor moon #1. Really want her to be into this kinda Stuff vs mickies clubhouse.
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail.
Venom #7 Signed by Cho

Post 190 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call

bernie and Len
Post 191 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 192 IP   flag post
Two newest mark jewelers added to my collection

Post 193 IP   flag post
So I now have a newsstand edition, direct edition, Canadian variant and a mark jewelers variant. Not sure if that completes the set. Let me know if you know of any other different 337's left, thanks
Post 194 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics

The other one was a Die #1 it also came back an 8.0 with check saying there was a stain on the cover. I sure as hell dont see any stains...

Maybe ya need a blacklight to see it? 🤭

I have been told by CBCS graders at conventions that they do not use black light when they inspect and grade comics.

They said it here too.
Post 195 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In regards to blacklight reference....

I think he means...

The movie unbreakable and samuel l Jackson is in comic book store and the guy behind the counter says, you kids better not be looking at the anime again....

https://youtu.be/aEZsiXFc7AE
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user

I would love to have that one signed by Louise Jones (Simonson)...she was the model for that cover. It was her first job in the industry.
Post 197 IP   flag post
@Mountie73 is she still around, that would be interesting
Post 198 IP   flag post
Here is a few I just got in. Waited about 8 weeks on these.

Most of these will be up on eBay or HipComic shortly, if your interested in any than let me know.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Mountie73 is she still around, that would be interesting

Yep, she is still around and still does the con tours. Usually with her husband Walt Simonson.
Post 200 IP   flag post
@Mountie73 thanks, looking into it now. Thanks for the information 😁
Post 201 IP   flag post

2nd appearance to go with my WWBN#32
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

2nd appearance to go with my WWBN#32

Very awesome and very jealous!
Post 203 IP   flag post

i picked up the set about a year ago, I held onto these 3 and sold the rest, thank the Lord I did
Post 204 IP   flag post
@Batman66 beautiful set! I feel the second appearance is still greatly undervalued at this time
Post 205 IP   flag post
601329 999 30