Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 just buy a raw ASM 39 then take pics of the comics interiors with your phone, then get it graded. 😁
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
So this was another part of my 1st cgc sub in months...and I have questions...1st, this sure seemed like a 9.8 before I submitted, but I had them press anyway...somehow its 9.6...then I paid the $5 for the spiderman label that is about 50% obscured by the hologram cgc sticker...oh well...guess I'll waste my money elsewhere..

Post 152 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a reader copy and got a freebie thrown in.

Post 153 IP   flag post
@Enelson That Spider-man looks like a 9.8 to me.... unless they took off for the top staple? On the back cover, that top staple looks like it's recessed. It's hard to tell really cause I can't see the bottom staple due to glare.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I think they pressed it too hard... I think I saw someone else share a book like that on here recently.
Post 155 IP   flag post

@Enelson yeah and you have to deal with their screw up...
Post 156 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 I'll get you some pics of the 39 when I get home. I thought she looked pretty good too.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
So this was another part of my 1st cgc sub in months...and I have questions...1st, this sure seemed like a 9.8 before I submitted, but I had them press anyway...somehow its 9.6...then I paid the $5 for the spiderman label that is about 50% obscured by the hologram cgc sticker...oh well...guess I'll waste my money elsewhere..

Seems like one of those oversights that someone should have caught. Ton of dead space in the middle of the top label area. Either the graphic or the hologram could have been shifted mid. Maybe they have a suggestion box.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Lousy cents copies

@Studley_Dudley

More outstanding looking books! I know that its bagged, but that AMS #39 looks nicer than a 5.5 and presents very well. Creases? Stains?

Ive been eye balling AMS #39 for some time now. I keep going back and forth on Raw or Graded. Its such a Key book and I tend to lean toward slabbed, but then I see the prices and go back to thinking a nice Raw that I can actually open to see Romita's work. Decisions, Decisions.....

The Controller melting Iron Mans Face off is a totally COOL Cover!

It has typical wear. Some light creases, couple stains, but overall it's pretty clean. Pages are OW and connected at the staples. I'm pleased with it.

Post 159 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley yeah that's a pretty nice solid issue.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Got one of my grails! Yipeeee!!!

Awesome book, my all time favorite DC cover. Was on the look out the past couple years for a nice copy an finally scored one today at my LCS. Can’t wait to press clean an submit
Post 161 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@BigRedOne1944 just buy a raw ASM 39 then take pics of the comics interiors with your phone, then get it graded. 😁

In a perfect world all of my books would be raw as they were originally intended to be, so if I were to find the "Right" Copy, I would not be inclined to have it graded.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Cool
Post 164 IP   flag post
@OGJackster dang... I want that book!
Post 165 IP   flag post
My first CBCS submission arrived today. Super happy with most grades. A couple slightly disappointed in but at least they got the check mark by the grade.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics Well done.

I hate the checkmark though.

It's like CBCS is saying: "Here's your 9.4, but it looks better than a 9.4. Hmm? Then why isn't it better than a 9.4? Erm ... it has a checkmark!"
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers

It's like CBCS is saying: "Here's your 9.4, but it looks better than a 9.4. Hmm? Then why isn't it better than a 9.4? Erm ... it has a checkmark!"

Maybe it's saying it looks higher than it is because it's pleasing to the eye, but it could have a thumb print on an interior page that removed ink or something along those lines. Then when all calculations are said and done, the defects really hurt the grade.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Look what showed up in today's mail! It's taken me forever, and this copy is a little rougher than I had hoped to purchase, but it's all mine. As the price for this issue kept going up, my tolerance for lower grades also had to increase. All in all, not too bad looking for a 3.5, and with the eBucks special, I had to finally pull the trigger. One more issue to go for the first 66 issues.

Post 169 IP   flag post
@esaravo if it was graded by CBCS it would have gotten the "check." Haha
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Look what showed up in today's mail! It's taken me forever, and this copy is a little rougher than I had hoped to purchase, but it's all mine. As the price for this issue kept going up, my tolerance for lower grades also had to increase. All in all, not too bad looking for a 3.5, and with the eBucks special, I had to finally pull the trigger. One more issue to go for the first 66 issues.

That looks better than a 3.5
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers

Lol yea I agree. Both books look flawless. One was a Preacher #1 it came back as an 8.0 with check mark saying the book had waves in it. So i'll crack press and resubmit. The other one was a Die #1 it also came back an 8.0 with check saying there was a stain on the cover. I sure as hell dont see any stains but will crack it to look
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics

The other one was a Die #1 it also came back an 8.0 with check saying there was a stain on the cover. I sure as hell dont see any stains...

Maybe ya need a blacklight to see it? 🀭
Post 173 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics

The other one was a Die #1 it also came back an 8.0 with check saying there was a stain on the cover. I sure as hell dont see any stains...

Maybe ya need a blacklight to see it? 🀭

I have been told by CBCS graders at conventions that they do not use black light when they inspect and grade comics.
Post 174 IP   flag post
@esaravo really? That's the easiest way to tell for stains and color touch though right? Maybe they use a "blue" and a "red" light instead.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are 3 that I sent out to CGC. I was really hoping that the Newstand ASM 265 would have come back at 9.8 I wonder if it is because it was white to off white pages.I had them pressed through CCS too. Overall I was happy with the Nova #1 grades.

Post 176 IP   flag post

I made another lunch break purchase..I really wanted this for a while....
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Here are 3 that I sent out to CGC. I was really hoping that the Newstand ASM 265 would have come back at 9.8 I wonder if it is because it was white to off white pages.I had them pressed through CCS too. Overall I was happy with the Nova #1 grades.

My 9.6s have always been due to "scuffs" which I've always read to mean "we can tell someone has touched this".
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Man that 9.6 Nova is sweet. I submitted on myself but it came back a 9.4. Guess I can be to picky it was a PGX 9.0 I cracked and pressed myself.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Awesome book, man your photos are always super clear. How do you manage to photo them so clean. Mine always have tones of glare
Post 180 IP   flag post
601210 999 30