CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to your collection #59031

I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster

Incredibly jealous
Post 126 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
such an iconic cover
Post 127 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
This book is a first I believe.... no others in a slab! For the completist Hellboy collector this book might drive ya crazy trying to find one....


Post 128 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user



Sold a conan #1...bought a conan #1
I think that's called the cycle of life.

This one is courtesy of @esaravo...thanks Ed!
Post 129 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66


just picked up a coverless copy of tales of suspense 39. I will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested
so the cover pictured is a zerox?
Post 130 • IP   flag post


I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town yes, cover is a reproduction, book is complete
Post 131 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson



Sold a conan #1...bought a conan #1
I think that's called the cycle of life.

This one is courtesy of @esaravo...thanks Ed!


You are welcome, Ed. So glad it arrived safe and sound. I still think that’s a great looking 7.0!
Post 132 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just added a true grail to the collection thanks to a purchase from @kaptainmyke!

This was a Restored 7.0, Restoration removal left the scrapes along the spine.

Still can’t complain!

A book 13 year old Slim NEVER thought he’d own. Still kinda surreal.


Post 133 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

Gratz on the book!

Man that Myke guy is capable of quite a bit of magic.....
Post 134 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Got one of my grails! Yipeeee!!!





That is indeed one sweet book! congratulations is in order for that beauty
Post 135 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson



Sold a conan #1...bought a conan #1
I think that's called the cycle of life.

This one is courtesy of @esaravo...thanks Ed!


You are welcome, Ed. So glad it arrived safe and sound. I still think that’s a great looking 7.0!



An Outstanding looking 7 it is. congratulations on becoming an owner of that Iconic Conan Book
Post 136 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just added a true grail to the collection thanks to a purchase from @kaptainmyke!


Thank you, it was my pleasure


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@00slim


Man that Myke guy is capable of quite a bit of magic.....



To clarify, I had CGC remove the restoration professionally. I missed it the first time when it I received it back from grading as a purple 7.0. The original owner only filled in a few spine ticks opposed to many others so it was missed during inspection.
Post 137 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user




Post 138 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Lousy cents copies



Post 139 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley you shouldn't black out the price tag, inquisitive minds would like to know 😁
Post 140 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
This came today....im sure ive posted it before but oh well...I love this book and its hard to find a nicely graded slab one with the census only showing around 25 graded copies...besides, girl fight between supergirl and Zatanna is worth the admission price.



Post 141 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A few Sunday pickups.










Post 142 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Gorgeous FFs!
Post 143 • IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh in the mail today!
Post 144 • IP   flag post
Moderators handing out titles: Boom. Roasted. Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from Sanctum Sanctorum Comics.

Great packaging and I appreciate the top loader. I have another copy that should be coming in which will end up paying for this one and future goodies.




Also picked up these:


Post 145 • IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Me: Okay, I am actually going to start selling some books and thinning down the collection

Me 5 minutes later...what's two more books




Post 146 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm I thought I was the only one, can't tell you how many times I've deleted my watch list on Ebay, then created a new one. I think I need help 😜
Post 147 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm the struggle is real.
Post 148 • IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 It is so true...I always tell myself I'm going to stop for a while after the current grouping of books I'm looking at end...and then I get bored and what better way to pass a few minutes here and there than ebay? Lol. I enjoy the hunt too much
Post 149 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Lousy cents copies






@Studley_Dudley

More outstanding looking books! I know that its bagged, but that AMS #39 looks nicer than a 5.5 and presents very well. Creases? Stains?

Ive been eye balling AMS #39 for some time now. I keep going back and forth on Raw or Graded. Its such a Key book and I tend to lean toward slabbed, but then I see the prices and go back to thinking a nice Raw that I can actually open to see Romita's work. Decisions, Decisions.....

The Controller melting Iron Mans Face off is a totally COOL Cover!
Post 150 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 just buy a raw ASM 39 then take pics of the comics interiors with your phone, then get it graded. 😁
Post 151 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
So this was another part of my 1st cgc sub in months...and I have questions...1st, this sure seemed like a 9.8 before I submitted, but I had them press anyway...somehow its 9.6...then I paid the $5 for the spiderman label that is about 50% obscured by the hologram cgc sticker...oh well...guess I'll waste my money elsewhere..

Post 152 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a reader copy and got a freebie thrown in.


Post 153 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson That Spider-man looks like a 9.8 to me.... unless they took off for the top staple? On the back cover, that top staple looks like it's recessed. It's hard to tell really cause I can't see the bottom staple due to glare.
Post 154 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth I think they pressed it too hard... I think I saw someone else share a book like that on here recently.
Post 155 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30