Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster

Incredibly jealous
Post 126 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
such an iconic cover
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
This book is a first I believe.... no others in a slab! For the completist Hellboy collector this book might drive ya crazy trying to find one....

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Sold a conan #1...bought a conan #1
I think that's called the cycle of life.

This one is courtesy of @esaravo...thanks Ed!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just picked up a coverless copy of tales of suspense 39. I will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested
so the cover pictured is a zerox?
Post 130 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town yes, cover is a reproduction, book is complete
Post 131 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

You are welcome, Ed. So glad it arrived safe and sound. I still think that’s a great looking 7.0!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just added a true grail to the collection thanks to a purchase from @kaptainmyke!

This was a Restored 7.0, Restoration removal left the scrapes along the spine.

Still can’t complain!

A book 13 year old Slim NEVER thought he’d own. Still kinda surreal.

Post 133 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

Gratz on the book!

Man that Myke guy is capable of quite a bit of magic.....
Post 134 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Got one of my grails! Yipeeee!!!

That is indeed one sweet book! congratulations is in order for that beauty
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

You are welcome, Ed. So glad it arrived safe and sound. I still think that’s a great looking 7.0!

An Outstanding looking 7 it is. congratulations on becoming an owner of that Iconic Conan Book
Post 136 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Just added a true grail to the collection thanks to a purchase from @kaptainmyke!

Thank you, it was my pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@00slim

Man that Myke guy is capable of quite a bit of magic.....

To clarify, I had CGC remove the restoration professionally. I missed it the first time when it I received it back from grading as a purple 7.0. The original owner only filled in a few spine ticks opposed to many others so it was missed during inspection.
Post 137 IP   flag post

Post 138 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Lousy cents copies

Post 139 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley you shouldn't black out the price tag, inquisitive minds would like to know 😁
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
This came today....im sure ive posted it before but oh well...I love this book and its hard to find a nicely graded slab one with the census only showing around 25 graded copies...besides, girl fight between supergirl and Zatanna is worth the admission price.

Post 141 IP   flag post
A few Sunday pickups.

Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Gorgeous FFs!
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh in the mail today!
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from Sanctum Sanctorum Comics.

Great packaging and I appreciate the top loader. I have another copy that should be coming in which will end up paying for this one and future goodies.

Also picked up these:

Post 145 IP   flag post
Me: Okay, I am actually going to start selling some books and thinning down the collection

Me 5 minutes later...what's two more books

Post 146 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm I thought I was the only one, can't tell you how many times I've deleted my watch list on Ebay, then created a new one. I think I need help 😜
Post 147 IP   flag post
@obrie2tm the struggle is real.
Post 148 IP   flag post
@Batman66 It is so true...I always tell myself I'm going to stop for a while after the current grouping of books I'm looking at end...and then I get bored and what better way to pass a few minutes here and there than ebay? Lol. I enjoy the hunt too much
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Lousy cents copies

@Studley_Dudley

More outstanding looking books! I know that its bagged, but that AMS #39 looks nicer than a 5.5 and presents very well. Creases? Stains?

Ive been eye balling AMS #39 for some time now. I keep going back and forth on Raw or Graded. Its such a Key book and I tend to lean toward slabbed, but then I see the prices and go back to thinking a nice Raw that I can actually open to see Romita's work. Decisions, Decisions.....

The Controller melting Iron Mans Face off is a totally COOL Cover!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 just buy a raw ASM 39 then take pics of the comics interiors with your phone, then get it graded. 😁
Post 151 IP   flag post
So this was another part of my 1st cgc sub in months...and I have questions...1st, this sure seemed like a 9.8 before I submitted, but I had them press anyway...somehow its 9.6...then I paid the $5 for the spiderman label that is about 50% obscured by the hologram cgc sticker...oh well...guess I'll waste my money elsewhere..

Post 152 IP   flag post
Picked up a reader copy and got a freebie thrown in.

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson That Spider-man looks like a 9.8 to me.... unless they took off for the top staple? On the back cover, that top staple looks like it's recessed. It's hard to tell really cause I can't see the bottom staple due to glare.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I think they pressed it too hard... I think I saw someone else share a book like that on here recently.
Post 155 IP   flag post
601366 999 30