@Bronte hey man yours has newton rings almost as bad as mine. 😔

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
When I saw this cover, I had to own it. Almost over the top
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@doog that's actually really cool!
Post 103 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Push those newton rings out by sliding a 2" strip of backer board through the case between the inner well and case lining.
Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Bronte hey man yours has newton rings almost as bad as mine. 😔

This is my first encounter with the rings. Mine I can live with. But I dont forsee the book being showcased in any fashion.

Gratz on yours. I hope you are happy with yours as well....
Post 105 IP   flag post

Just got these in today. Thanks Keld!

Post 106 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this
in the mail today
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Got my first cgc submissions in a looooong time back today...and they were both winners

The avengers 684 is going to be for sale. Working on what price will be
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Got this one in today! Nice new addition to my Mark Brooks Collection.

Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Can't remember if this was KRS or unkown (leaning towards KRS), but they still had a bunch at Megacon Orlando.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

these came in today too. I think this is my 5th copy of the strange tales 109
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just got these in today. Thanks Keld!

Welcome
Post 112 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Check out my lenticulars brahs
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user

One more to go for a cheap graded set.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this back from grading and have it up on ebay. If you come across it and think the pricing is way off, feel free to message me if I'm way off on my pricing. There's none available anywhere that I can find. They just haven't been coming up for sale.
Post 115 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Arabian Knight... Another one of Marvel's culturally sensitive characters.

I always enjoy seeing your books.

There just something special about being able to see, feel, smell and read a beautiful raw comic book that makes it so much more appealing to me than slabbed books. While I do have some slabbed books the vast majority of my collection will always remain Raw Books.

My latest addition is a "Crackout" book for my Daredevil run.

Im now only three issues away from completing the Classic #158 to #191 Frank Miller run.

Im still looking for Daredevil #162 #163 #164 (162 actually a Ditko issue, but I still need it to keep the run compete)

Post 116 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I appreciate that. I've been sending less & less in for slabbing. It just takes up too much room as opposed to keeping them raw. I'm looking to upgrade a few of those Miller DD books, and currently hunting for a NM 158 pence copy. I always enjoy seeing your custom labels and absolutely love your comic drawer setup.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
There just something special about being able to see, feel, smell and read a beautiful raw comic book that makes it so much more appealing to me than slabbed books. While I do have some slabbed books the vast majority of my collection will always remain Raw Books.

I am the same way. All of my 1950s golden age horror books from EC Comics are all raw. None graded.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
It just takes up too much room as opposed to keeping them raw.

You ain't joking. I have 390 graded books in 11 graded comic boxes and they can only go 3 to a shelf, vs 4 short boxes to a shelf. I am running out of space in my storage right now.
Post 119 IP   flag post

just picked up a coverless copy of tales of suspense 39. I will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 I appreciate that. I've been sending less & less in for slabbing. It just takes up too much room as opposed to keeping them raw. I'm looking to upgrade a few of those Miller DD books, and currently hunting for a NM 158 pence copy. I always enjoy seeing your custom labels and absolutely love your comic drawer setup.

@Studley_Dudley I hear you about the space and storage issues involved with the slabs. I tend focus on just the very top key books for slabs. Daredevil #158 being a Key book I had been looking for a slabbed 9.4 or 9.6 for some time. The problem I ran into was that most of the slabbed books I seen in those grade ranges all had mis-wrapped covers to some extent and I absolutely hate mis-wraps and refuse to buy them. Especialy higher grade slabbed books.

Im also only interested in the US versions mainly because of the nostalgic reasons you noted in your video.

So after much searching I finally found an acceptable Daredevil #158 that didn't have a mis-wrapped cover

It just arrived last week.

Good luck with your Pence copy, I look forward to seeing it.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Picked off a few more McFarlane Hulk books. I had a handful of issues I had bought from the stands back in the day. Then I recently picked up a collection of Hulk books that had some other Very nice McFarlane books in it and decided that I have to now complete the McFarlane Hulk run #330 to #346. I still need issues #343, #344, #345, #346

Post 122 IP   flag post
This just in.... 😁

Post 123 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Got one of my grails! Yipeeee!!!

Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Congrats!!!
Post 125 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster

Incredibly jealous
Post 126 IP   flag post
such an iconic cover
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
This book is a first I believe.... no others in a slab! For the completist Hellboy collector this book might drive ya crazy trying to find one....

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Sold a conan #1...bought a conan #1
I think that's called the cycle of life.

This one is courtesy of @esaravo...thanks Ed!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just picked up a coverless copy of tales of suspense 39. I will be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested
so the cover pictured is a zerox?
Post 130 IP   flag post
601232 999 30