CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to your collection #59031

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Now I only need #4 to complete the 1-7 Steranko cover run.


Post 976 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user



More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters
Post 977 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson



More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters


@Enelson, you might want to seek professional help.

...a professional that can help you get more monsters!
Post 978 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort



Or monsters
Post 979 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
@sportshort



Or monsters


Cowbells you say... hmmmm...
Post 980 • IP   flag post


I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another trade pickup (Ryan again).


Post 981 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
So this book is not new per se, but I forgot I had it, and sure as hell didn't realize it was signed and just sitting in a box




I moved to NJ in 2006 from San Diego and at the time I left about 40 boxes of comics. I've gotten most of them back here little by little but some are still in a garage, my mother will use comics to pad boxes she ships us so it's like getting a mystery box every couple months.
My assumption is I got this signed at sdcc sometime in the mid 90s
Post 982 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Now I only need #4 to complete the 1-7 Steranko cover run.




I had a raw #4 (8.0/8.5 pressed - perfect cover wrap) but I sold it last October. Sure wish I could have helped you out.
Post 983 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty good mail call again today
...
These first books came from a trade I made on IG








This last one is pretty cool...its a double cover...never, in approximately 35+ years of collecting have I had a double cover



This last one was another Amazon purchase...whereas last time I was pleasantly surprised by price and quality...this one is kind of a "push"

Post 984 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson my wife is a casual collector of “Witching Hour” issues. The art is always fantastic & they have a very fun “Twilight Zone” vibe to them.

A double cover is just extra cool.
Post 985 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in a trade with @esaravo.

I’ve wanted a nice copy of this book for YEARS. It’s definitely going into a slab soon.

If you’ve never done business with Ed, don’t hesitate. He’s great to work with and packs his stuff exceptionally well.


Post 986 • IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user

Post 987 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today. Comics & Ponies Exclusive.

Post 988 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift Nice! I gotta get me one of those. I had one years ago but sold it to pay for other books. I really miss it.
Post 989 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
So there's this rinky dink consignment store next to this pizza place I go to...I just walked over while I was waiting, spent $9 and got these....





The XO book is 100% high grade...and the Daredevil Vapora book was too curious to pass
Post 990 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



May 1972
Post 991 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
So there's this rinky dink consignment store next to this pizza place I go to...I just walked over while I was waiting, spent $9 and got these....


The XO book is 100% high grade...and the Daredevil Vapora book was too curious to pass



The Punisher War Journal #75 is kind of a tough book with a lower print run.
Post 992 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 yeah, I know I didnt have it and I seem to remember it having some heat at one time. It was $3.50 of the $9 I spent...
Post 993 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this beauty from Board Member Xkonk

While I spent some years completing my Super High Grade Wolverine Run, I never really chased many of the variants and mail-in books like this. Xkonx put it up in his sale list here on the boards and I figure why not. It certainly makes a nice companion piece in My Wolverine Run.

It also surpassed my Grade expectation, at first glace I thought it was 9.8 (It could possibly be) I found one tiny microscopic tic and went with the 9.6 NM+

Thanks Alex!(Xkonk)

Got it Scanned



Scanned and logged into my "Cyber slab" Photo Database



Into Mylar Sleeve



Over to the trusty Comic cabinet Wall



Safely filed away

Post 994 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 you are waaaay more organized than me, I can't walk into my comic room without kicking over a box or two
Post 995 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift



sooper cool.
Post 996 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 That is a really nice set up you have there. I wish I was that organized!
Post 997 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more






Post 998 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@BigRedOne1944 you are waaaay more organized than me, I can't walk into my comic room without kicking over a box or two


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@BigRedOne1944 That is a really nice set up you have there. I wish I was that organized!



LOL! Well trust me guys I have more than my share of boxes and junk piled in the corners

I guess its all in how you crop your photo's
Post 999 • IP   flag post
657131 999 24