CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to your collection #59031

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Pick this up today plus two more books for my may 1972 collection. The Tod is a lower grade.



Post 951 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user



I'm going to try out this bin too.
Post 952 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I have two of those bins. I've been happy with them.
Post 953 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly, but surely the run is building...thanks @batman66
Post 954 • IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, I am asking some opinions on this one. Detached cover, can see some staining. Will have pressed and cleaned. What do you think? I bought it in auction for...well, a REALLY good deal.

I am hoping for a 2.0 after clean and press.

Thoughts?




Post 955 • IP   flag post


Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
I've added so many great books to my collection in recent years but always kept putting off getting this one for some unknown reason. Finally!
Post 956 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@GeeWiz: Beautiful book!

@Studley Dudley: You'll like those bins. I've got two and love them. I've read that a little super glue while putting the together will make them more stable, but I did not do that and have had no issues.

And, Hi, new guy here. This looked like a fun thread. I'll have to show of my stuff.
Post 957 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie welcome
Post 958 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWiz
I've added so many great books to my collection in recent years but always kept putting off getting this one for some unknown reason. Finally!
geewiz that's a nice book
Post 959 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 you would be very lucky if that one came back as 2.0
Post 960 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 - That’s a book that I rarely see for sale. But for a lower grade book, while a press and clean might improve it’s appearance slightly, I don’t think it would improve the grade. Still a very nice pickup!
Post 961 • IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Mountie73 you would be very lucky if that one came back as 2.0


Yeah, but I paid $60 for it, so I will be way ahead even if it can back lower.
Post 962 • IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Mountie73 - That’s a book that I rarely see for sale. But for a lower grade book, while a press and clean might improve it’s appearance slightly, I don’t think it would improve the grade. Still a very nice pickup!


Thanks, I hope it turns out well. Usually I would clean and press myself, but this one I will pass to the professionals. If they can work magic on it, I will be happy.
Post 963 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie welcome to the forum!
Post 964 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Mountie73 - That’s a book that I rarely see for sale. But for a lower grade book, while a press and clean might improve it’s appearance slightly, I don’t think it would improve the grade. Still a very nice pickup!


Thanks, I hope it turns out well. Usually I would clean and press myself, but this one I will pass to the professionals. If they can work magic on it, I will be happy.



Congratulations on that iconic book! It is pretty rough looking and Im not sure any amount of restoration is going to help the grade much. Might be best just to be content and proud just to own it.
Post 965 • IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user




A couple of my newer, graded additions.
Post 966 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 967 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 968 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Is this a different color scheme or is it just the lighting? Your copy has a sepia tone look to it.
Post 969 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Is this a different color scheme or is it just the lighting? Your copy has a sepia tone look to it.

It's called "Secret Color Splash TCM Variant" Silver Surfer Black #1
Here's a pic of my copy. It's a beautiful comic.

Post 970 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today. Golden Record Reprint.

Post 971 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to @esaravo for the books!




Post 972 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user



Just got this on eBay.
Post 973 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few recent additions that I acquired through purchases and/or trades.




Thanks, other Ed.
Post 974 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user



Thanks, Ryan.
Post 975 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Now I only need #4 to complete the 1-7 Steranko cover run.


Post 976 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user



More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters
Post 977 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson



More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters


@Enelson, you might want to seek professional help.

...a professional that can help you get more monsters!
Post 978 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort



Or monsters
Post 979 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
@sportshort



Or monsters


Cowbells you say... hmmmm...
Post 980 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30