Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I've ever seen a Killing Joke go for anything excessive. I mean GoCollect has a 9.8 valued at $160, which I know isn't cheap but to compare, they value a 9.8 Spawn #1 at $100. Given the importance and the popularity of Killing Joke, to only ask for a $60 premium on top of a Spawn #1 doesn't seem all that much to me
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite sound about right, I paid $137 for mine back in April
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim you are right about the starslayer but this is for my PC
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Yeah. I’d only sell (eventually) if I had multiples.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Great book. 1st Full Rocketeer w/ Dave Stevens art.
Post 930 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Finally picked up a copy of this book.
Post 931 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Congratulations, you've just made "the list". hope you're happy

but congrats anyway.
Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nice!

Crazy how that book has exploded. I paid $80 for my copy raw. Sure, after grading it’s just a 4.0, but check out what 4.0’s sell for now!
Post 933 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

I picked mine up for a $100.00. Got it pressed and graded by CBCS 3 years ago. Came back a 7.0. It was referenced in the pressing thread. This is the before and after on it...

I think its a 1500.00 book now. Unreal. I could never replace it at today's prices.

Congrats to @southerncross for getting a copy.
Post 934 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@00slim

I picked mine up for a $100.00. Got it pressed and graded by CBCS 3 years ago. Came back a 7.0. It was referenced in the pressing thread. This is the before and after on it...

I think its a 1500.00 book now. Unreal. I could never replace it at today's prices.

Congrats to @southerncross for getting a copy.
Man, I was lucky to get a coverless copy for $100
Post 935 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I got 2 copies of the Captain Marvel $8 Lee Virgin Variant. I dig Lee's work. Looking forward to getting my TMNT cover he did too.
Post 936 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all πŸ˜€. Yeah that book has exploded. My copy is a cgc 2.5 off white/white pages. Has a bright clean white cover and appears to have slight water damage which is why it was hit pretty hard with the grade. I'll have to crack it at some point to see what's going on. Bought the book in Brisbane while I was just there. $800 Aussie and at the time the Aussie was at about 64cents to green back. So roughly $500 U.S. high price but still under go collect. Never owned one but have my copy now so I'm happy 😊
Post 937 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I thought because the top label was cropped off it was a p*x. Would never have guessed that was a 2.5 cgc. Looks was better than that. I'm a little scared now, just sent my copy in Sunday to cgc, thinking it was a 6.0 or so, now I'm not too sure
Post 938 IP   flag post
@Batman66 think you'll be ok mate. My book looks to have water damage and that will always get slammed. Also they may have been harsh with the grade. Why I'll probably crack it at sometime and take a better look at it. And maybe for the first time send a raw book in for a clean and press and see if I can bump it up.
Post 939 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross even with water damage still a great looking book, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the gsx club
Post 940 IP   flag post

Picked up a new book today to read while have my beer with lunch. Haven't picked up a new book for a long time. πŸ˜€
Post 941 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Annnnnddddd making a triumphant return to my collection...

I got this via trade...I probably traded too much...but what the hell...I wanted it really bad
Post 942 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

I got this via trade...I probably traded too much...but what the hell...I wanted it really bad

Congrats! I've been following the saga.
Post 943 IP   flag post
@Enelson congrats mate. That's one book I've never owned and may never will with the new movie.
Post 944 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Congrats! I've been following the saga.

Ha, thanks!
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Enelson congrats mate. That's one book I've never owned and may never will with the new movie.

Yeah, I traded my original right before the announcement and then was trying to get one back for about month and a 1/2...it took a lot of trade, but only a little cash, so I'm ok with it
Post 946 IP   flag post
@Enelson bad timing trading your original copy. But who would know. Now you got one back πŸ‘
Post 947 IP   flag post
Quote:

its nice to be home. Your books should be to you any day, congrats on getting your #10
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 949 IP   flag post

Here is a couple of better photos of my GS x men 1 front and back cover
Post 950 IP   flag post

Pick this up today plus two more books for my may 1972 collection. The Tod is a lower grade.

Post 951 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

I'm going to try out this bin too.
Post 952 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley I have two of those bins. I've been happy with them.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Slowly, but surely the run is building...thanks @batman66
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, I am asking some opinions on this one. Detached cover, can see some staining. Will have pressed and cleaned. What do you think? I bought it in auction for...well, a REALLY good deal.

I am hoping for a 2.0 after clean and press.

Thoughts?

Post 955 IP   flag post
598086 999 30