Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

A couple more Aussie books. These I picked up yesterday off a antique dealer in Brisbane Australia for a couple of bucks each. Also they had a couple of Charltons for a couple of bucks each.

Post 901 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Also I popped into a newsagent and the only comic book there was the frew phantom.
Surprised to see at least one comic book still hitting the shelves.
I did something I've not done since I was in high school. I looked at all the seven copies of this issue and found not a mint copy but the best condition copy.
And look at the numbering. Is there a comic book published regularly for the last 70 years that hasn't broken it's issue number like the frew phantom ?
Post 902 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Paid a bit more than I'd like to for this, but I plan on taking it to the grave.

Post 903 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Paid a bit more than I'd like to for this, but I plan on taking it to the grave.

whew, she's a beaut
Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Had placed this order at Midtown and it finally came in. More free signatures at cover. Had to swap them out of their original bags and boards since Marvel comics are notorious for back cover rubs.

This cover is so bad it's good šŸ¤£
Valiant effor Mr. Cates

Post 905 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo shipped this one and I received it a long time ago as part of a trade. Thanks Ed

Post 906 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Have a few high grade copies of this book, but this one is staying in the PC.
Post 907 IP   flag post
Caught up with Grant who is a overstreet advisor. Been 5 years since we last caught up. Anyway he gave me a few gifts.

Post 908 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My recent additions. I was looking especially forward to Roman Ritual. It is a four issue series. The first Roman Ritual series was excellent!!! I'm looking forward to reading this second series from El Torres!!!

Post 909 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

My latest purchase.
Post 910 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar live those covers
Post 911 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 912 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent Valiant labor day weekend pick ups and ebay auctions.

Rai 0 Glossy, at a minimum it's a 9.2 after pressing out some surface dings maybe higher.

The crossover Liefeld single handedly ruined with his now famous delays.

1st Gen13

I've always been partial to this cover. Seeing it in the previews in the 90s and then having to wait forever for it to be released. Classic Liefeld feet

A graded Rai 0 glossy

Pure Gimmic, but Bloodshot is my favorite non Big 2 character. Price was right so I figured why not. Bloodshot Rising Spirit 1 Tempered Glass Ratio Variant.

Not Valiant, but 1st published Eric Larsen work outside of the zines he put out. I'm a sucker for old black and white indies.

Post 913 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
$0.30 variant of Iron Man #86

Finally found a NM copy of Cap 241 that didn't have that pesky printing crease.

Post 914 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

That journey has very nice colors. Nice pick up šŸ‘
Post 915 IP   flag post

picked these up at Long Beach comic con today. I brought my cgc9.6 primer 2, 1st Grendel to have Matt Wagner sign. Chickened out, didn't want to risk it coming back a lower grade. So I bought a Grendel 1 and had him sketch and sign that one, wanted one anyway and got it practically free when it was bundled with some other books. Had it signature witnessed with cgc and also sent the marvel premiere 1 as well. Sent a few books in, tos 39, ff48, gsx1, dd1 and a few others. Praying to the grading gods to be favorable upon me, let you all know the outcome...
Post 916 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
On Saturday I sold an Eternals 1 CBCS 9.6 for $375. After grading and selling fees the net was approximately $320. On Sunday I went to Long Beach Comic Con and spent $270 on books plus another $50 for parking and admission, totaling the $320, so it was essentially a trade. I think in 2-3 years I will be pretty happy with it, here's what I got:

6.5-7.0

I believe Sauron and Parasite are under-valued Firsts and could easily double in the next couple years. Psycho-Pirate not so likely to increase but a neat silver age First.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

That journey has very nice colors. Nice pick up šŸ‘
If you cant find room to store that JIM in your boxes, feel free to send it over to me for safekeeping!! Nice grab
Post 918 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Grab on The Cap #241. 1st Punisher in title and always a tough book.
Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

picked these up at Long Beach comic con today. I brought my cgc9.6 primer 2, 1st Grendel to have Matt Wagner sign. Chickened out, didn't want to risk it coming back a lower grade. So I bought a Grendel 1 and had him sketch and sign that one, wanted one anyway and got it practically free when it was bundled with some other books. Had it signature witnessed with cgc and also sent the marvel premiere 1 as well. Sent a few books in, tos 39, ff48, gsx1, dd1 and a few others. Praying to the grading gods to be favorable upon me, let you all know the outcome...

I love Grendel....my primer 2 is a 9
2 cgc and I've always wanted it signed too
Post 920 IP   flag post
3 More

Post 921 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
3 More

All winners.

That StarSlayer in 9.8 is a fantastic spec book. And a great addition to the collection.

I have 2 signed raws that need to go in for red labels.
Post 922 IP   flag post
Everytime I see a Killing Joke 1 selling at premiums it always jolts me how time flies and I remember standing there at the register at the store the day I bought mine at cover, and they were displayed in a carboard display at the shops register...stacks and stacks of them and you kinda wonder....where are they all at? where did they go?
Post 923 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Well CGC has nearly 6,500 on their Census, including 14 10.0's! I am pretty sure that CBCS has probably slabbed another thousand, or at least several hundred, over the last 5+ years. A great book/story for sure, but even the first printing is not at all rare.
Post 924 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darkseid_of_town - Well CGC has nearly 6,500 on their Census, including 14 10.0's! I am pretty sure that CBCS has probably slabbed another thousand, or at least several hundred, over the last 5+ years. A great book/story for sure, but even the first printing is not at all rare.
you are.spot.on of.course.nut amazing the prices the book gets
Post 925 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I've ever seen a Killing Joke go for anything excessive. I mean GoCollect has a 9.8 valued at $160, which I know isn't cheap but to compare, they value a 9.8 Spawn #1 at $100. Given the importance and the popularity of Killing Joke, to only ask for a $60 premium on top of a Spawn #1 doesn't seem all that much to me
Post 926 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite sound about right, I paid $137 for mine back in April
Post 927 IP   flag post
@00slim you are right about the starslayer but this is for my PC
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah. Iā€™d only sell (eventually) if I had multiples.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Great book. 1st Full Rocketeer w/ Dave Stevens art.
Post 930 IP   flag post
600860 999 30