Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

and this happened, boom, now I'm in the club, lol
That's a club I've been reluctant to join since the 90s! 😉

If @Studley_Dudley does Secret Santa this year, we all know what to get him 😉😆

Free is the best price around. I'll gladly accept one that way. Just hard for me to pony up $20 on a character I give zero Fs about.

I second the having 0 f#$&s to give regarding that character....one of the few comic series I have literally thrown in the trash when I was downsizing...but that's just like my opinion man
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley not free since you will be paying $20 to get it
Post 877 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
touché
Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
We will make sure its at least a newsie
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Filled in some FF gaps. Only about 20 issues away from a complete run of the series. Unfortunately, seven of those 20 issues are numbers 1 through 7.

Post 880 IP   flag post

Walked to Midtown after work. New pick ups for this Wednesday

Black cover and signature at cover price, sure.

Post 881 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes
NICE
Post 882 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
These 2 came today

Post 883 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers awesome pickups, we’re Rooting for you on the last 20
Post 884 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Filled in some FF gaps. Only about 20 issues away from a complete run of the series. Unfortunately, seven of those 20 issues are numbers 1 through 7.

Regardless of needing #1 - #7 that is an amazing accomplishment getting just 20 issues away from a full run of FF. How long have you been working on the run?

Its nice to see people collecting runs. It seems to me that people miss out on many of the best issues just chasing the "KEY" books.

Many of my personal favorite books in my Captain America run are not even the "Key" money books.

As a completest myself, I find much more joy and gratification in trying to complete runs rather than just having a few "KEY" Issues.

I would lOVE to see you make a post featuring the run in chronological order. That would be awesome!

Once again congratulations on the determined work you've done on the FF Run!
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

do you have a list of what you are short still?
Post 886 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nice. I'm only 32 issues away from completing my run, but have a similar problem of needing the first several issues. The hunt goes on.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Regardless of needing #1 - #7 that is an amazing accomplishment getting just 20 issues away from a full run of FF. How long have you been working on the run?

On and off since the late '80s.
Post 888 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
do you have a list of what you are short still?

Naturally. I'm missing:
1-7
11-13 (Came close to a #12 once - sigh)
33-34
111-113 (Weird - just noticed that 11-13 and 111-113 are missing)
226-227 (I know. But I never can find good NM copies in a back issue bin and it seems ridiculous to buy them online and pay shipping for such cheap books)
Post 889 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I might have an extra 112
Post 890 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers Ever consider a Golden Record Reprint of FF #1 as a placeholder?

Still vintage, and highly collectible.
Post 891 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I might have an extra 112

That would be awesome. Maybe in a couple months. I need to take a few breaths after finally getting a 52.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

True ... just doesn't quite feel authentic. Reasonable or not, I'd probably end up feeling like the money spent on a reprint was wasted rather than being put aside for a "real" #1. Despite the fact that money put aside like that rarely - at least for me - ends up going to its intended purpose.
Post 893 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

True ... just doesn't quite feel authentic. Reasonable or not, I'd probably end up feeling like the money spent on a reprint was wasted rather than being put aside for a "real" #1. Despite the fact that money put aside like that rarely - at least for me - ends up going to its intended purpose.

Totally understand. I just look at my vintage keys as “money in the bank”.

You could just sell it when it comes time to buy a real #1, most likely for more than the purchase price.

Just a thought.
Post 894 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Frickin huuuuggge mail call today. Most of these I acquired through trade...the TOD books I picked up in a surprisingly cheap auction...

This was one of the days I was glad I was the one home getting the mail...

The cap book is probably going to end up for sale so go ahead and message me if interested...

The rest I'm holding onto for now
Post 895 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers - I have 108, 113, and maybe 111 (have to check on that one). PM me if you are interested.
Post 896 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Was in Alpharetta, GA for two weeks at HP headquarters for training on a new printer; the S-1000.
Came home, had these waiting for me.

Powers of X #1 Limited Cover

Canto #1 Limited Cover

Creepshow #0 SDCC Limited Cover

Post 897 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Back cover

Post 898 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Back cover
Post 899 IP   flag post

Back cover.

Post 900 IP   flag post

A couple more Aussie books. These I picked up yesterday off a antique dealer in Brisbane Australia for a couple of bucks each. Also they had a couple of Charltons for a couple of bucks each.

Post 901 IP   flag post

Also I popped into a newsagent and the only comic book there was the frew phantom.
Surprised to see at least one comic book still hitting the shelves.
I did something I've not done since I was in high school. I looked at all the seven copies of this issue and found not a mint copy but the best condition copy.
And look at the numbering. Is there a comic book published regularly for the last 70 years that hasn't broken it's issue number like the frew phantom ?
Post 902 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Paid a bit more than I'd like to for this, but I plan on taking it to the grave.

Post 903 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Paid a bit more than I'd like to for this, but I plan on taking it to the grave.

whew, she's a beaut
Post 904 IP   flag post
Had placed this order at Midtown and it finally came in. More free signatures at cover. Had to swap them out of their original bags and boards since Marvel comics are notorious for back cover rubs.

This cover is so bad it's good 🤣
Valiant effor Mr. Cates

Post 905 IP   flag post
598088 999 30