Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
With some serious trading , negotiating, and back and forths I managed to trade and Score these two ….hoarding that Kirby goodness for the day it gets it's moment to shine.
The 134 represents a nice step up in grade from my other copy, and the 135 is just a bonus to make the day even better.

these books came from the Esaravo collection...and if you haven't wandered through his sales offerings you owe it to yourself. Very fair, trustworthy, and he packs his comics to withstand a full out Hulk visit !!!

Post 826 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The 79 and 80 will be going in for grading. I think they are legit 9.8 candidates. Picked up Kingdom Come after reading its praises in the limited series thread.

Post 827 IP   flag post
Some nice silver books there Studley!
Post 828 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today's mail. A moment of weakness during ebay's last ebucks promotion. I always thought that Mike Ploog's work was underrated and undervalued. His work on horror titles reminds me of Bernie Wrightson's to some extent.

Post 829 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The 79 and 80 will be going in for grading. I think they are legit 9.8 candidates. Picked up Kingdom Come after reading its praises in the limited series thread.

I’m always impressed by how you find such high grade raw books. Where do you find these things? Not in long boxes, I assume...
Post 830 IP   flag post

@Darkseid_of_town Thank you! I'm trying to refocus to working on my silver, bronze, and pence lists.

@Drogio Thank you. I'm fortunate enough to have several very good shops in the region that tend to get a lot of high grade raw books in. Sometimes in the long boxes, sometimes on the walls.
Post 831 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 832 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 833 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Nice! That FP #9 looks great! Love me some Deadman!
Post 834 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 thanks mate. I don't have that issue and when I saw that clean black cover at my lcs today I just thought yep that's mine will sit nicely in my collection 🍺
Post 835 IP   flag post

May 1972
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Got a new problem...
Tomb of Dracula..
I want them all...

Post 837 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson, I believe there is an inoculation for your disease, it's called the poor house. I'm glad I haven't caught it... yet.

Great haul though.
Post 838 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson did you get your tod 10 yet
Post 839 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Enelson did you get your tod 10 yet

...but I've been working on a herschel Walker like trade to acquire one...my problem is I have comics of value...but not enough cash on hand...I'm sure NOOOO ONE here can relate to that
Post 840 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson your right about that, NOOO one can relate, lol. Been keeping my eye open for an affordable copy for you. Let you know if I do
Post 841 IP   flag post

Also finished my Alpha Flight run.
Post 842 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

I've been eyeballing copies of this book for years. Finally decided to pull the trigger. I'm really happy with it.
Post 843 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 lovely book. With a perfect wrap 🍺
Post 844 IP   flag post
@southerncross Thanks!
Post 845 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Also finished my Alpha Flight run.

That forever people doe.....nice grab. Thanos' oops I mean Darkseids first full appearance !!!
Post 846 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Forever people 6...oh hey look its Luke skywalker, Princess Leia and Chewie!!!!
Post 847 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

My latest two purchases both arrived this week.
Post 848 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Won this on eBay, I bought it’s twin, ASM 298, from @enelson. It’s twin in more ways than one, they are both 8.5’s
Post 849 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This book seems to be appearing quite a bit here. I was able to obtain this copy from @Darkseid_of_town.

Post 850 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This book seems to be appearing quite a bit here. I was able to obtain this copy from @Darkseid_of_town.

Swee-eet
Post 851 IP   flag post

I found this on amazon... of all places...it was 7.50 + 4.50 shipping...it said very good condition and no pics were provided...IMHO I gambled and won...I think it's in the fine to vg range...maybe 7? Higher with press if I choose
Post 852 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Got my Heavy Metal order today.

Already have #1. Got 2-4 today.

Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

I found this on amazon... of all places...it was 7.50 + 4.50 shipping...it said very good condition and no pics were provided...IMHO I gambled and won...I think it's in the fine to vg range...maybe 7? Higher with press if I choose

I occasionally find really cheap books on etsy.
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these since they were not printed at all a few months ago.... now the virgin connecting covers are complete for ASM 24 & 25.

Post 855 IP   flag post
600457 999 30