Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

May 1972
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up from a small local Con, today.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
EBay purchases, except the EC, sure I have seen that EC cover on other things

Post 728 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Local con pick ups, last minute negotiation, wow, very happy with what I paid for everything

Post 729 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

these came in the mail
Post 730 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

these came in the mail

Don't ask why I hate you @Batman66!
Post 731 IP   flag post
@sportshort are you the one I bought the 2 from
Post 732 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't pass'em up. I love these beautiful horror covers!

Post 733 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived in the mail today. I’ve wanted this issue as a reader for awhile. It features the short story “Nada”, a comic adaptation of “8 o’clock in the morning” (1963) by Ray Nelson.

“Nada” was the inspiration for the John Carpenter cult classic, ‘They Live’.

Post 734 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@sportshort are you the one I bought the 2 from

Nope, I just hate people that have way better stuff than me. ARGHH! you tricked me into telling you my reason for hating you, why am i such a fool!
Post 735 IP   flag post
@sportshort lol too funny. I seriously thought you were the person I bought the X-men 2 from until I looked at your profile Your in riverside ca? Not too far from you, I'm in Devore ca.shoot, We might know each other
Post 736 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort lol too funny. I seriously thought you were the person I bought the X-men 2 from until I looked at your profile Your in riverside ca? Not too far from you, I'm in Devore ca.shoot, We might know each other

not too far but not likely, I don't have any friends/acquaintances that collect comics. except my son. So the forums are my only geek outlet.
Post 737 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
i have some stuff on OfferUp, I've met some really cool people that we became friends from responding to the ads. There's some small more local cons that I've been going to meeting other collectors. Been having a blast. Pm me if you want to get ahold of me. Maybe we can trade/buy/sale.

not too far but not likely, I don't have any friends/acquaintances that collect comics. except my son. So the forums are my only geek outlet.
Post 738 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
i have some stuff on OfferUp, I've met some really cool people that we became friends from responding to the ads. There's some small more local cons that I've been going to meeting other collectors. Been having a blast. Pm me if you want toget ahold of me. Maybe we can trade/buy/sale.

I forgot to mention I’m married so, no fun allowed. Jk

My son (31yr old) would love to meet up at cons with someone with mutual interest. By that I mean we, we always go to cons together. What’s a small con? Ontario? Palm Springs?
Post 739 IP   flag post
@sportshort frank and sons in walnut is every Saturday and Wednesday. Claremont is a Sunday only, once a month. I don't know if you know Stanley with precision pressing, he lives in riverside. He's really good at what he does. He puts on a small con in San Diego twice a year, Ontario would be the other main one
Post 740 IP   flag post
@batman66 I go to frank & sons once a month. Get me the info for Claremont and Stanley. I will make an effort to attend these.
Post 741 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort frank and sons in walnut is every Saturday and Wednesday. Claremont is a Sunday only, once a month. I don't know if you know Stanley with precision pressing, he lives in riverside. He's really good at what he does. He puts on a small con in San Diego twice a year, Ontario would be the other main one

PM me so it’s not a total hijack.
Post 742 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Just purchased roughly 150 comics from Mike Royer; New Gods 5-19, Mister Miracle 5-15, Forever People 5-12, Kamandi 2-20, Black Panther 2-12, Eternals Full Run, the Captain America issues he inked (for Kirby & Rude), and various others, multiple issues of each, except New Gods #7, which was just 1 copy and is going to a certain dinosaur loving board memeber.

I really don't know what im going to do with the others yet, but I'm lovin' it.
Post 743 IP   flag post
Quote:

No pm? Maybe we can meet a con or Frank and Sons. I never buy comics there cause they’re to expensive but I dig going. Where in Claremont ? Where in riverside?
Post 744 IP   flag post
@sportshort pm sent
Post 745 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Just purchased roughly 150 comics from Mike Royer; New Gods 5-19, Mister Miracle 5-15, Forever People 5-12, Kamandi 2-20, Black Panther 2-12, Eternals Full Run, the Captain America issues he inked (for Kirby & Rude), and various others, multiple issues of each, except New Gods #7, which was just 1 copy and is going to a certain dinosaur loving board memeber.

I really don't know what im going to do with the others yet, but I'm lovin' it.
Have to ask if he sold you any...yes, you saw it coming...Devil Dinosaur!
Post 746 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I got some books back from grading and found some Shang-Chi out in the wild.

The Shang-Chi's I found at an antique shop, price was right...

These are books I submitted at Wondercon for Pressing and Grading.

BatGirl (2009) #1 Variant, this was a 9.4/9.6 before pressing

I had picked this UXM #266 up raw before getting a great deal on a another graded copy. I would say this was a 8.x before pressing, pretty happy with the result.

I got this UXM #95 raw and a really great price. After pressing, this seems right.

Pretty happy overall.
Post 747 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Good day today imo
Post 748 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Recently purchased these from fellow forum member @esaravo (and used his images 😊). Thanks, again, Ed!

Post 749 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - Read and enjoy them!
Post 750 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I plan to. I've actually never read this mini series. I read much of the first regular series and much of the "War Journal" series and "Return to Big Nothing." But never the mini so I'm looking forward to it.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
New comic book day, pick ups from my pull list last week, and my immortal hulk run is now complete.

Post 752 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I could really cause a ruckus here if I claimed the Avengers is labeled a 9.8 and not 9.0
"How the hell do they call that a..."
But I won't.

Post 753 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Got these today from four different comic shops.
(Driving to and from a customer's site.)

And a graphic novel.

Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
A few more arrived today

Post 755 IP   flag post
600691 999 30