CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to your collection #59031

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector felixrunners private msg quote post Address this user



Here are some of the books we picked up at Megacon. We got a bunch, but these were the favorites.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user







Post 55 • IP   flag post


I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra






That may be the cleanest copy of issue #1 I’ve ever seen...most have that staple rub near the top left.

I have an Avengers 682 (secret variant) and 684 I’m hoping will hit 9.8...having them pressed so I won’t aee them for a while...
Post 56 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixrunners



Here are some of the books we picked up at Megacon. We got a bunch, but these were the favorites.



Outstanding pick ups on those Hulk issues!
Post 57 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio


That may be the cleanest copy of issue #1 I’ve ever seen...


You ain't joking. I submitted 5 copies of Immortal Hulk #1 and they all had a scuff or scratch over his left forearm so I thought they would get a production pass for 9.8s...but no. All 5 got 9.6s. I'm not bitter or anything. I swear.
Post 58 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio @kaptainmyke

Bought off eBay. Raw $10 bucks.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke @Drogio @Frontier2Xterra
Take a look at these Immortal Hulk #1s.
They have the dreaded forearm scrape and the issue number rub but still got a 9.8




Post 60 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh now I'm pissed.
Post 61 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I would be too!
Post 62 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a lengthy email to cgc just now with your photos and mine..... I want to get some answers. I will gladly send back for regrade if I can get away with it.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
These are my newts:

Comic Description:
Immortal Hulk 1 8/18 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light scuff right center of front cover
light scuff right top of front cover


Every single copy.
Post 64 • IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
These are my newts:

Comic Description:
Immortal Hulk 1 8/18 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light scuff right center of front cover
light scuff right top of front cover


Every single copy.
Could this be an issue with grading early-on before they recognized it as a manufacturing issue?
Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Good luck Mike. I have never recieved a response when I ask questions like that... or if I call, they tell me they will get back to me and never call...
Post 66 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hope so but doubt it. I see an issue with the top right corner on some of them for me actually now that I look closer.





Post 67 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I don't see it in your pic. (Top right corner.)

Edit: thx for the zoom
Post 68 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i added a zoomed photo just now
Post 69 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user




Laaaaaaaaaame
Post 70 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta put those Camels in with your order. It looks like blatantly ignoring some flaws while singing it other times. That's a weak response on their part.
Post 71 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke that looks exactly just like the forearm scrape/scuff. If they are allowing manufacturers effects slip on some, why not all?
Post 72 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You win some you lose some.

Like this one:

I buffed out the scratches the best I could on back cover before I pressed it and glorious 9.8








Post 73 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke wow! Nice job there Mike! Looks like a totally different book.
Post 74 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke hey Mike. Here's is an up close pic the first one I posted. I noticed it also has the upper right scruff/rub that yours has. I circled it.

Post 75 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this Spidey Classic






Post 76 • IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Still on the hunt for the last 7 Issues of the Todd McFarlane Hulk run.

Got a couple of nice Keys out of the way. Other than it being the 1st McFarlane issue in the run, the cover work on #330 always seemed to be pretty lackluster for McFarlane.





Post 77 • IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Had a blast at Phx fan fusion today, tomorrow hopefully getting some books witnessed!








Post 78 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Latest acquisitions, first up (CGC 9.0 OW/W)...



Al Avison cover art.
Post 79 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
And then there's this Syd Shores attributed Cap (CGC 9.4 OW/W)...



.
Post 80 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30