Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Couple of books I picked up today. Couple a low grade readers.
And one Avenger that was released same month and year I was born.
Thinking of putting together a collection of books like this. Don't know if anyone else has. But there will be books I will hunt for that normally I wouldn't so should be fun.

I tried finding the books on the stand when I was born...April of 1964...have to wonder what was happening that year....Fantastic four 25...TOS 52...first widow....JIM 103...first enchantress...the following month march saw X-Men 4 and the first scarlet witch, and in November the first Zatanna....
Post 601 IP   flag post
]oh man, that X-Men 50 is seriously awesome. I have a similar book, mine is an 8.5 without the date stamps and signed quite like your own Awesome comic book! You are so fortunate....
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Original production untrimmed cover proof for first appearance of Black Orchid.
Post 603 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Latest group of books fresh from CGC. The super rare Rick and Morty #50 Colas Variant Set I paid a great super low price knowing they had chips and scratches. 🥳
Post 604 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
On family holiday in south of England(stay-cations for a few years after this trip!!)

Some pence grails!!!!!!! I would put these all in fn range, 6ish maybe higher with press and clean. Just love these. Really hard to find these back home and all of these for 4pounds or about $7 CAD!!!!

When do we get magazine size slabbs!!!!!

Post 605 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Replacement for a color touched copy I had.

Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of Ducks

Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 608 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
On family holiday in south of England(stay-cations for a few years after this trip!!)

Some pence grails!!!!!!! I would put these all in fn range, 6ish maybe higher with press and clean. Just love these. Really hard to find these back home and all of these for 4pounds or about $7 CAD!!!!

When do we get magazine size slabbs!!!!!

Nice pick ups on the Mags....... Looks as though the surfer under estimated the power of the Hulks determination. HULK SMASH!!!
Post 609 IP   flag post
I landed this Savage Sword #10. The Boris Vallejo cover is one of the greatest Conan covers of all time. It beautifully captures the very essence of what I always envisioned Conan to be. A very nice clean book that was advertised as a 9.2 NM-, but as often happens I believe the book is more likely a 9.0 VFN/NM.

Post 610 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
I landed this Savage Sword #10. The Boris Vallejo cover is one of the greatest Conan covers of all time. It beautifully captures the very essence of what I always envisioned Conan to be. A very nice clean book that was advertised as a 9.2 NM-, but as often happens I believe the book is more likely a 9.0 VFN/NM.

Awesome book. I believe the Savage Sword Series to be undervalued. So a good time to buy
Post 611 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I know nothing about Golden Age jungle titles, but this golden beauty purred to me “buy me”
Post 612 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

Couple of books I picked up today. Couple a low grade readers.
And one Avenger that was released same month and year I was born.
Thinking of putting together a collection of books like this. Don't know if anyone else has. But there will be books I will hunt for that normally I wouldn't so should be fun.

I tried finding the books on the stand when I was born...April of 1964...have to wonder what was happening that year....Fantastic four 25...TOS 52...first widow....JIM 103...first enchantress...the following month march saw X-Men 4 and the first scarlet witch, and in November the first Zatanna....

No real major keys for me. Just second appearance of characters like werewolf by night and second appearance and first cover appearance of Jonah hex. And second issues of new beast, marvel team up 2 ect.
So decided to go for it. Pulled the trigger on 22 books today.
Will be a impossible task to complete as the Charltons are rare and the romance books are just not available.
And my wife has joked I'll end up finding a Bobby Sherman issue 3 in some obscure town years from now 🤪
Post 613 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Awesome book. I believe the Savage Sword Series to be undervalued. So a good time to buy

Some of the Higher Grade Books are getting a bit pricier. Ive been picking up a few recently, but Im really only interested in the higher grade books, so its sometimes tough tracking down copies.

The outstanding Painted Cover work on the series is more than worth the price of admission and we haven't even gotten to the legendary John Buscema Interior work that shaped and defined Conan.

Not to mention the breath taking work of Ernie Chan!

Post 614 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I know nothing about Golden Age jungle titles, but this golden beauty purred to me “buy me”

Sheena was one of the very few woman who had her own title back then. Maurice Whitman did some very classic sheena covers. Nick pick up
Post 615 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Here it is, my personal grail! Been wanting this one since I was a kid. I know it's low grade but I used ebay sales money to buy it so it was a great deal. Just got it today.

Post 616 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here's mine. One day I'll crack the case, get it pressed and slab it again.

Post 617 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

whoo, she's a beaut
Post 618 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I hate you...
Post 619 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

I hate you...

LOL! I've been collecting for almost 50 years, I gotta have a few good ones.
Post 620 IP   flag post
@sportshort If it's any consultation, we're tied on #94.

Post 621 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Here it is, my personal grail! Been wanting this one since I was a kid. I know it's low grade but I used ebay sales money to buy it so it was a great deal. Just got it today.

Nice book congrats
Post 622 IP   flag post
Quote:

i've been collecting since 76 but i missed this one, my family was very poor and i could only afford about 3 or 4 books a week and this is one I passed up way back then. So i was thrilled to finally get it but I would be more thrilled with an x-men 1. oh well, whatcha gonna do!
Post 623 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hate you...

LOL! I've been collecting for almost 50 years, I gotta have a few good ones.

Whewww! That is one sweet X-Men #1 book! I have to agree with the others........ I hate you
Post 624 IP   flag post
fQuote:
Quote:

Nice book congrats

Thanks @southerncross at least you didn't make me feel inferior.

P.S. I dig your moniker, who doesn't love Robotech!
Post 625 IP   flag post
Quote:

@ogjackster, it's ok, I forgive you.

P.S. But I refuse to vote-up your original post.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

thanks for being a good sport. that's what i love about these forums, Great people!
Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks for being a good sport. that's what i love about these forums, Great people!

Agreed, me too!
Post 628 IP   flag post
I just got this in, used ebay earnings on this too. I got the idea of selling what I don't love to purchase what I do love. So here's this

Post 629 IP   flag post
Getting a higher grade x men 94 is tricky, that solid black cover shows every spot and crease like a flag...even a 5.0 is nicer than most you see.....
Post 630 IP   flag post
597961 999 30