Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Going back to that "you ever sell anything then replace it a few weeks later thing"

This is actually pretty cool because it's a 1/2 grade higher than the one I sold AND it's the result of a trade I made on Instagram-my 1st ever. There are some pretty cool comic collectors out there
Post 576 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Another 50’s sexual innuendo cover for my comic room wall, $3. What it is worth except to me it is priceless innuendo wall art.

Ha...they're so pointy
Post 577 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson - Must be the old bullet bra look.

Post 578 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ow, my eye!

Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It reminds me of a joke where a man is trying to buy his wife a bra. The sales clerk asks him the size. Are they the size of cantaloupes? He say smaller. The size of oranges? The man says smaller. Are they the size of eggs? The man says "Yes... Fried."
Post 580 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got this book from board member Noblebeast315 Dunston Meyers Flash sale. Nice Packaging and shipping as well as a nice looking book. Thanks Dunston! no major key or anything, but I just always Loved Jim Aparo's Batman.

Post 581 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 - I am a huge fan of Jim Aparo’s Batman, John! In fact, he’s my favorite Batman artist (yes, Neal Adams is second). And don’t forget his amazing work on the Spectre in Adventure Comics with several epic covers and great interior artwork as well. He also did some awesome work on Phantom Stranger, especially those issues that included Deadman. Very under appreciated in my opinion.
Post 582 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
New Custom Venom Label CGC Order just arrived...
🕷🕸🔥🗡🔍

Cleaned and pressed by myself....and darn it my OCD strikes again - I almost had a full set of third printings all 9.8s with sequential matching serial numbers. smh
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Alex Ross Signed Immortal Hulk #20s

Post 584 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The 134 Neil Adams signed on the cover, the Shock Suspenstories 8 signed on Page 10 by Al Williamson on the splash of the story he did inside

Post 585 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@BigRedOne1944 - I am a huge fan of Jim Aparo’s Batman, John! In fact, he’s my favorite Batman artist (yes, Neal Adams is second). And don’t forget his amazing work on the Spectre in Adventure Comics with several epic covers and great interior artwork as well. He also did some awesome work on Phantom Stranger, especially those issues that included Deadman. Very under appreciated in my opinion.

Ed, I very much agree that Jim Aparo's body of work of many of the Batman titles is one of the most unappreciated and overlooked in the hobby.

Batman and The Outsiders

His interior work on some of the more "modern Batman "Keys" is often overlooked as well.

Batman

I would say my second favorite Batman Artist is Norm Breyfogle. I always loved his shadowy flowing rendition of the caped crusader. His late 80's run on the detective title has always been one of my favorites and much like Aparo, very under appreciated.

Detective Comics(Breyfogle)

Post 586 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Those custom labels are outstanding looking! as are the books!
Post 587 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Upgrade copy.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Couple of books I picked up today. Couple a low grade readers.
And one Avenger that was released same month and year I was born.
Thinking of putting together a collection of books like this. Don't know if anyone else has. But there will be books I will hunt for that normally I wouldn't so should be fun.
Post 589 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a couple recently that I'm really happy with. The first, I've been thinking of buying a copy of for a while (lots of them out there) but I came across one in nice condition for a good price so I finally took the plunge.

The second, I've been looking for in high grade for a long time. I finally found one and, again, at a price I was very happy with. I'm not even sure how many folks on the forum know about these guys. Maybe just us old guys. 😊

Post 590 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Picked up a couple recently that I'm really happy with. The first, I've been thinking of buying a copy of for a while (lots of them out there) but I came across one in nice condition for a good price so I finally took the plunge.

The second, I've been looking for in high grade for a long time. I finally found one and, again, at a price I was very happy with. I'm not even sure how many folks on the forum know about these guys. Maybe just us old guys. 😊

wow, totally forgot about those guys, cool pick up
Post 591 IP   flag post
Picked this up today in the $1.00 bin at the LCS. Jim Lee cover.

Post 592 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Thanks!
Post 593 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

Totally forgot about that cartoon series. You can't beat "The Mighty Heroes"
Post 594 IP   flag post
Also, I picked up this cool Punisher poster today.

It's actually pretty big, the crystal skull in this pic (between the two posters) is life-size (for comparison).

Post 595 IP   flag post
I picked up some great low grade daredevil

Post 596 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Flea market find...

This gem showed up in the mail today...love this cover. This is for a Ken Kelly AW later this year.

More flea market finds at $2 each...

This was $5 at the flea market....never thought this would be a spec book.

...and my flash sale books showed up safely in the Great White North.

Post 597 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

pick up at my lcs
won off eBay, happy with the condition and price
finished the set
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 599 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my more recent stuff. A few are shown for shiz and giggles.

Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Couple of books I picked up today. Couple a low grade readers.
And one Avenger that was released same month and year I was born.
Thinking of putting together a collection of books like this. Don't know if anyone else has. But there will be books I will hunt for that normally I wouldn't so should be fun.

I tried finding the books on the stand when I was born...April of 1964...have to wonder what was happening that year....Fantastic four 25...TOS 52...first widow....JIM 103...first enchantress...the following month march saw X-Men 4 and the first scarlet witch, and in November the first Zatanna....
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
]oh man, that X-Men 50 is seriously awesome. I have a similar book, mine is an 8.5 without the date stamps and signed quite like your own Awesome comic book! You are so fortunate....
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Original production untrimmed cover proof for first appearance of Black Orchid.
Post 603 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Latest group of books fresh from CGC. The super rare Rick and Morty #50 Colas Variant Set I paid a great super low price knowing they had chips and scratches. 🥳
Post 604 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
On family holiday in south of England(stay-cations for a few years after this trip!!)

Some pence grails!!!!!!! I would put these all in fn range, 6ish maybe higher with press and clean. Just love these. Really hard to find these back home and all of these for 4pounds or about $7 CAD!!!!

When do we get magazine size slabbs!!!!!

Post 605 IP   flag post
601506 999 30