Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Received a banged up FedEx Package today from Hong Kong. Thanks to @poka for 1) his awesome packaging skills (no comics or slabs were damaged) and 2) making another trade with me (Keld is the best, check out his eBay listings and his Charity Sale this Saturday!).

Post 551 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Those look AWESOME!
Post 552 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - Thanks, David. Hope you are escaping the heat in Houston this time of year.
Post 553 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo There is no escape from the Houston heat in summer. Just not gonna happen. 😆
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Received a banged up FedEx Package today from Hong Kong. Thanks to @poka for 1) his awesome packaging skills (no comics or slabs were damaged) and 2) making another trade with me (Keld is the best, check out his eBay listings and his Charity Sale this Saturday!).

Ed - thanks for the kind words and happy to hear they arrived safely. I sense you were a little worried when you saw the package! 😁

I will post Ed’s contribution to the trade which I received some time ago when I get it from my storage
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Megacon Orlando submission now all back
Got this at an LCS during a x% off wall books sale at $12.00

Got when released and read, so no complaints here.

Sold my virgin cover because I had this one coming back signed/graded.

Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one in the mail today.
First mention of "Kindred" in Spider-man comics.

To go with my Amazing Spider-man #5 first Full appearance (which I have already shown before.)

Post 557 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@esaravo There is no escape from the Houston heat in summer. Just not gonna happen. 😆

Evidently there is no escape from the allergies either. I read some time ago Houston ranks very high on the allergen scale.
Post 558 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Yea we have our share of allergies, too. 😊
Post 559 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Still looking for a pence copy of Team Up 65.
Post 560 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley nice books
Post 561 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Man.... The colors really pop on that Spidey book!
Post 562 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Low grade copy of the second appearance of the mirror master
Post 563 IP   flag post
@southerncross the way I see it, any grade is better than a zero.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I went to a yard/estate sale today. They hade about 20 long boxes full of comics. Mostly modern and common, but did find a few things to buy. Everything was $1.

Definitely the highlight find.

Some cool stuff.

Some 80's independent stuff.

For $1, I figured, what the heck. Anybody know anything about this? Curious if there is a collector market for it.
Post 565 IP   flag post
@Lonestar nice find on those Spider-man Noir comics.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar counted 21 items a buck a piece. Nice pick up. That price you can't go wrong
Post 567 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth my thoughts exactly. I like the flash rogues and well that low grade copy was as cheap as a bought lunch in a fast food joint so that's ok with me. 🍺
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Found a nice 1st Moonstone (needs a press)

...and a Moonstone Origin (...also needs a press)

This one kinda came out of nowhere I think...1st appearance of Death (Sandman) in DC continuity. I snagged all the copies from the LCS dollar bin, kept the nicest and listed the other copy...they're already doing well on ebay.

Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
That is not the first Moonstone. It's probably the first female Moonstone.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
That is not the first Moonstone. It's probably the first female Moonstone.

It's the 1st appearance of Karla Sofen as Moonstone...I didn't realize there was another.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Another 50’s sexual innuendo cover for my comic room wall, $3. What it is worth except to me it is priceless innuendo wall art.
Post 572 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Another 50’s sexual innuendo cover for my comic room wall, $3. What it is worth except to me it is priceless innuendo wall art.

Congratulation on the awesome book!
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 574 IP   flag post
Little bit of Carnage...
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Going back to that "you ever sell anything then replace it a few weeks later thing"

This is actually pretty cool because it's a 1/2 grade higher than the one I sold AND it's the result of a trade I made on Instagram-my 1st ever. There are some pretty cool comic collectors out there
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

Ha...they're so pointy
Post 577 IP   flag post
@Enelson - Must be the old bullet bra look.

Post 578 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ow, my eye!

Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It reminds me of a joke where a man is trying to buy his wife a bra. The sales clerk asks him the size. Are they the size of cantaloupes? He say smaller. The size of oranges? The man says smaller. Are they the size of eggs? The man says "Yes... Fried."
Post 580 IP   flag post
598060 999 30