Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone familiar with Dark Horse's short reboot of the Gold Key characters in 2010 might have a curiosity about this comic.

It was being teased for a reboot right before Dark Horse gave up the license.

This is only the second copy I've seen in town so I broke down and bought a copy. It's also the nicest copy I've seen in town.

Jet Dream #1

Here was the teaser article that Jim Shooter evidently wrote before Dark Horse abandoned the license.

I would have really liked to have seen this reboot done with Jim Shooter writing it.
Post 501 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Although batman 232 has been listed before, each time it changed. This time a verified signature
Post 502 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

upgraded my Captain America 100, will be selling my other copy if anyone is interested, I'll post more pictures in another thread
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I owned some of the Annual Reports, but I didn't know quarterly reports also existed. Including the cover, these are only 4 pages. In other words, one sheet of card stock paper folded over. No real comic content. Just a novelty for me since I was never a stockholder.

Post 504 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got some really cool SA DCs in today's mail (almost as old as me) thanks to @Tedsaid. Thank you!

Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

And picked up 2 more books at the con
You can really notice the redone superboy face on the cover of that book....that's a great book to speculate on as well...white cover, first full Darkseid, and first appearance of the Forever people...
Post 506 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town that's my thoughts exactly. Haven't been able to pick up the Jimmy Olsen issue so thought about getting Darkseids full appearance instead.
Post 507 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 508 IP   flag post

Found a new comic book store today and picked up avengers 100 and Batman 200
Post 509 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Could not pass on this price
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these for my birthday from my brother. Super stoked to have these in my collection.

Post 511 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Outstanding Looking Detectives! The Year Two Storyline is one of the all-time Great Batman story's
Post 512 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

upgraded my Captain America 100, will be selling my other copy if anyone is interested, I'll post more pictures in another thread

Awesome upgrade on that classic Cap Key!
Post 513 IP   flag post
Quote:

Found a new comic book store today and picked up avengers 100 and Batman 200

Nice grab on the Batman #200! Neil Adams first work on that title.
Post 514 IP   flag post
More Strange goodness arrived today!

Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nice. The famous "everyone who was ever an Avenger" cover. Of course, if they tried that now, it would just about be a picture of the Marvel Universe.
Post 516 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town that's my thoughts exactly. Haven't been able to pick up the Jimmy Olsen issue so thought about getting Darkseids full appearance instead.
There are two Olsens before that....and both amount to a single tiny panel of Darkseid...in each. You got the best book to get....and perhaps next up would be New Gods #2, the 2nd full appearance of Thanos....err I mean Darth Vader..I mean umm Darkseid
Post 517 IP   flag post
Got this from the wife this morning!!

Post 518 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31 - Congratulations! Is it your birthday, anniversary, or have you been very good?
Post 519 IP   flag post
@esaravo it’s my birthday today. And super stoked. Not only have I wanted this one but my wife did all research and got it herself without my help. Very proud of her as she knows nothing about comics lol.
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in.
First full appearance of Kindred
Amazing Spider-man Vol 5 #5
I bought the most expensive variant for issue #5 (which is this one):

Post 522 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just picked this up 9.0 old label, upgraded from my copy that had some color touch on the corner, bye
Post 523 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Can someone verify the gwen book is 1st print? I was trying to figure it out and ended up taking guys word on it....
Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Can someone verify the gwen book is 1st print? I was trying to figure it out and ended up taking guys word on it....

I think the 2nd printing is blue along the bottom...so this looks right to me.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Looks legit. I believe the bar code for the second printing is 00212.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dont they note printing on the slab?
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Newly back graded

backside

Artist proof bought from Jamie last year, got it signed/graded this year (JT in bottom corner; 5 JT artists proof were made)

Not a great grade, but not unexpected...the way I got this comic was a little unorthodoxed. It amounted to finding it in a place that occasionally has comics on what amounts to a spinner rack 3 weeks after it was sold out everywhere else.

Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
A couple things I now own due to people on these very boards...holla... thanks!

Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson

What I always question about that first Spider-Woman cover is whether Fury is wondering what sort of energy blast just barely missed him or if he's wondering why his gun is magenta. He could be staring at either.
Post 530 IP   flag post
600861 999 30