Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 - John, I have a few of those WBKs. PM me if you are interested in making a trade.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The Wild Boy is a Baker cover, my only one, the corner was there, folded weird, it flattened very well. I do own the highest graded #10 (#1)Wild Boy, like owning the best Dreadstar, Like some of the IW and Quality reprints, the AOC because I like notorious. Random purchases

Post 477 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got the homage cover Thor 338 in today but I sure wish the grades were reversed
Post 478 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today thanks to @Studley_Dudley, thanks mike.
Post 479 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

i won this at auction, It blows me away the difference between the comics runs that were continued from previous titles, journey into mystery 125, Thor 126. Tales to astonish 101, hulk 102, and sub mariner 1. Tales of suspense 99, Captain America 100, and iron man 1. Look at the price difference between the 1 issues and those who continued the issue number. Their all first in their own titles but the value is much greater with those who got the #1

Well I couldn't fund a Thor #126, but I did acquire another classic Jack Kirby Thor book.

Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
A couple recent things...been meaning to pick up some better copies of starslayer for years...

Also...anyone know why the color is so different o. The $5's

And this next one tries into the addictive nature of the hobby...I just sold this book...then bought it again...

I guess it's ok, I did buy for cheaper than I sold for...
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector Darthreggie private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these signed Parrillo Game of thrones varients back from grading. They were submitted at Megacon.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector Darthreggie private msg quote post Address this user

Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

stocked that I finally have the 1st app of black cat and I think first anti Spawn? Either way filling out the collections is fun
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@danzies A little blurriness aside, looks like a solid copy of ASM 194.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies

stocked that I finally have the 1st app of black cat and I think first anti Spawn? Either way filling out the collections is fun

Very nice! Sold my 194 to fund a personal grail about two years ago. I’m not regretting it, it went to a good cause, but I do need to replace it (eventually).
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
194 has a few issues I just hope a press and clean will help the cover. I know the back is kinda effed.

Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these beauties in the mail!

Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just got these beauties in the mail!

I really like that cover. I wish they would stamp/print the number on the inside cover or something so that the coa would actually mean something with the comic.

It’s intersting that they explain the process of limiting the run to 500...starting at 1020 and hand selecting the best 500.
Post 489 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
A couple recent things...been meaning to pick up some better copies of starslayer for years...

Hell Yea! on the Starslayers! Starslayer holds a special meaning in my collecting history as it introduced me to John Ostrander and Tim Truman who are largely responsible for bringing me back into comic books with the introduction of Grim Jack.

While it was Grim Jack #5 that first impacted me in the mid eighties, it wasn't long after I sought out Starslayer #10 and subsequent issues featuring Tim Truman's Grim Jack first appearances as a back up story in the title.

Post 490 IP   flag post
My latest acquisition is quite fitting for a Fourth of July celebration!

Cap's First Meeting with Nick Fury as well as being the first time Cap crossed into another title.

Love me some Jack Kirby Goodness!!

Post 491 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
My first Kirby Signature:

Post 492 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan

Im not a fan of signatures defacing covers of books, First page signing is much more appealing to me.

Nice Kirby Item.

Your picture is also very nice and clear. Is it a scan? My scanner is not big enough for slabs. If it is indeed a scan, could I ask what kind of scanner you are using?

Regards
John
Post 493 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan

@PhantomEwan Love it!!!!
Post 494 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944: Just won it on Comic Link, and actually still waiting for it to arrive, but I took their picture from the listing. Not sure what they use for their images but they are nice!
Post 495 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
This just came in. 😁 1982 First Print

Post 496 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
very cool
Post 497 IP   flag post
Another classic Jack Kirby Thor cover arrived this weekend

Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought this out of curiosity. No publisher info was on the cover. It's a Harvey digest and has some neat stuff inside.

Post 499 IP   flag post
I don't really collect Malibu comics, but this said it was limited edition and featured Hulk. I'm okay with buying Hulk comics.

It looks like it was a $10 comic at one time and available for $8 on eBay. It knocked my purchase total up just enough to qualify for a 10% discount. Factoring that, it cost me a buck and some change.

Post 500 IP   flag post
Anyone familiar with Dark Horse's short reboot of the Gold Key characters in 2010 might have a curiosity about this comic.

It was being teased for a reboot right before Dark Horse gave up the license.

This is only the second copy I've seen in town so I broke down and bought a copy. It's also the nicest copy I've seen in town.

Jet Dream #1

Here was the teaser article that Jim Shooter evidently wrote before Dark Horse abandoned the license.

I would have really liked to have seen this reboot done with Jim Shooter writing it.
Post 501 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Although batman 232 has been listed before, each time it changed. This time a verified signature
Post 502 IP   flag post

upgraded my Captain America 100, will be selling my other copy if anyone is interested, I'll post more pictures in another thread
Post 503 IP   flag post
I owned some of the Annual Reports, but I didn't know quarterly reports also existed. Including the cover, these are only 4 pages. In other words, one sheet of card stock paper folded over. No real comic content. Just a novelty for me since I was never a stockholder.

Post 504 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got some really cool SA DCs in today's mail (almost as old as me) thanks to @Tedsaid. Thank you!

Post 505 IP   flag post
598080 999 30