Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

Impressive Dave Cockrum cover work
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Morning score while bin digging at the LCS. $4...

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Got submissions back, regular track, no press( and they all came back with pressable defects...womp... womp) only took 4+ weeks

Always press these days kids...
Batman and xmen annual will be for sale in my sale thread...probably cheap af. The rest I'm probably holding onto...had the hulk for 25+ years
Post 453 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy many Moderns, but the cover for this book is just too darn good (captivating and creepy) not to own! So about 2 weeks ago when @Frontier2Xterra posted a copy for sale, I had to have it, and Jon was nice enough to work with me so I could purchase it. I am trying to be good and save up for a potential big purchase, so except for a small package that should be arriving from Hong Kong in the next week or two (thanks, Keld!) I have tried to show restraint.

Post 454 IP   flag post
Im still going through my Iron Man purchase. So far I have been really happy with the conditions. Many have so far been nicer than stated. David Michelinie is one of my all-time favorite writers, so Im always inclined to pick up any of his work. Nice work by Romita jr, but I think it is Bob Layton's ink work that steals the show.

Post 455 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked both of these up at my lcs for 113 tax included, I have about 5-6 raw copies already, but no 9.8's. Couldn't pass it up for 100. Funny thing is I didn't know I had a lcs until I was bidding on something of his on eBay
Post 456 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked up a second copy of gsx 1, crazy what a year or so can make paid close to the same for each copy and look at the difference. I watched a couple of coverless copies sell for what I just paid, wow
Post 457 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Nice Pick Ups! I have 5-6 of those Moon Knight issues somewhere in this "Organized Mess" I'll have to pull them out to take a look at them. Can't go wrong with GSX #1
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 jealous of the moon knight. Can’t believe they let it go for $100...book is on the up & up. I would not have hesitated either.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Nice! $100 is crazy low for a 9.8 in that book right now.

Moon Knight. So hot right now.
Post 460 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Another TTA off the list.
Post 461 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Nice gsx, that's on my want list.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Not many vintage comic book dealers at Ace comic Con in Seattle. So I got my very first sketch cover. With three of my most favorite Flash villains. Captain Cold,Reverse Flash and Heat Wave. The artists name is Fabrice Sapolsky. 😀

I'll be picking up another Sketch cover from a different artist tomorrow which will make my second one.
Post 463 IP   flag post
@Drogio can you believe I tried to talk him down, of course he denied my request, lol
Post 464 IP   flag post
@southerncross kool book, but I'm more fond of the two in the background
Post 465 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 @Drogio @CatCovers @OGJackster thanks
Post 466 IP   flag post
Some more David Michelinie/Bob Layton Gold!

In 1978, They co-write Iron Man. The two would become regular creative partners, and began their collaboration on Iron Man with #116 (November 1978) Micheline and Layton established Tony Stark's alcoholism with the story "Demon in a Bottle", and introduced several supporting characters, including Stark's bodyguard girlfriend Bethany Cabe; Stark's personal pilot and confidant James Rhodes, who later became the superhero War Machine; and rival industrialist Justin Hammer, who was revealed to be the employer of numerous high-tech armed enemies Iron Man fought over the years. The duo introduced the concept of Stark's specialized armors. The two collaborated on the title until #154 and then returned for a second run from #215 (Feb. 1987) to #250 (Dec 1989). The outstanding work they did on their legendary run re-defined the Iron man character.

Im really happy to have picked some high quality books in this classic run!

Post 467 IP   flag post

Picked up sketch cover by Justin Hunt today at Ace comic con
Post 468 IP   flag post

And picked up 2 more books at the con
Post 469 IP   flag post
@southerncross

That Sweat Hog Kotter Book is so COOL! Is it a one shot book, or are there other issues in a series?
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Bigger...

Post 471 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 not sure mate. I think there are a few issues. Dealer only had the 1st issue so picked it up for $10. I remember watching episodes on TV back in Brisbane Australia when I was a kid
Post 472 IP   flag post
Well, I finished up the last of the Scans on my recent Iron Man acquisitions. I was really happy with most all of the books. I might go ahead and Start the Michelinie, Layton, Romita Jr run starting with Issue #116.
I will of coarse need the "Demon in a Bottle" Issue #128.

Here are the final books from my last haul.

Post 473 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Bigger...

I did some digging and it appears the "Welcome Back Kotter" Title ran for 10 issues in 1976-77

The Treasury Edition X51 posted was issued in 1978

I always loved the Sweat Hogs as a kid. I might look to pick up the 10 issue set from 1976
Post 474 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Transformers #4 and 5. The last two sets of variants that John Gallagher made.

Post 475 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 - John, I have a few of those WBKs. PM me if you are interested in making a trade.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The Wild Boy is a Baker cover, my only one, the corner was there, folded weird, it flattened very well. I do own the highest graded #10 (#1)Wild Boy, like owning the best Dreadstar, Like some of the IW and Quality reprints, the AOC because I like notorious. Random purchases

Post 477 IP   flag post

got the homage cover Thor 338 in today but I sure wish the grades were reversed
Post 478 IP   flag post
This came in today thanks to @Studley_Dudley, thanks mike.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

i won this at auction, It blows me away the difference between the comics runs that were continued from previous titles, journey into mystery 125, Thor 126. Tales to astonish 101, hulk 102, and sub mariner 1. Tales of suspense 99, Captain America 100, and iron man 1. Look at the price difference between the 1 issues and those who continued the issue number. Their all first in their own titles but the value is much greater with those who got the #1

Well I couldn't fund a Thor #126, but I did acquire another classic Jack Kirby Thor book.

Post 480 IP   flag post
601310 999 30