Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My low grade Avengers. Not sure if I have #3.

Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
My low grade Avengers. Not sure if I have #3.

Sweet. As they say, “low grade is better than no grade”. And that’s exactly what I’ve got. “No grade” on the early Avengers. 😆

Kudos, @X51.
Post 427 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the Next Iron Man Issue from the stack I bought. It coincidentally features an awesome Jack Kirby Cover. It also shows IMHO, how Kirby's Art continued to evolve with a more mature detailed style while still retaining that Kirby signature look.

The added bonus is the Evel Kinevel back cover. He was legend to us kids from the seventies. There can never be another Evel Kinevel. It was simply a special place in time.

There are a few different back cover versions of Evel Kinevel from this time period. they are all cool and desirable to me.

Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 429 IP   flag post

Post 430 IP   flag post

Upgrades

Post 431 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS

Cool Books! I got a Sgt Fury coming myself!

Here are the Last Iron Mans for the night. I will keep scanning and posting the rest later tomorrow

Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
These just arrived in the mail today.
Phoenix #1 and Targitt #1

Post 433 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 434 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 435 IP   flag post

Post 436 IP   flag post

Post 437 IP   flag post

laffo
Post 438 IP   flag post

Post 439 IP   flag post

Post 440 IP   flag post

Post 441 IP   flag post

Post 442 IP   flag post

Post 443 IP   flag post

Post 444 IP   flag post

All books were cleaned and pressed by myself.
Post 445 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I have 2 short boxes full of the Villains Month Lenticulars I purchased from my LCS during their production month. I really overspeculated on these, duping 4-5x on many of the really cool covers. Thankfully I didn't buy any 2nd prints that were released a few months later.

Fortunately I paid 15% below cover price on the entire batch, while many buyers were paying $30 - $100 a pop on eBay, especially for Joker's Daughter.

Unfortunately the month after production it seemed these special prints were all but forgotten about, and today you can't even give them away. Well I suppose I COULD give them away.

Seems I recall reading back then that a shipment of these books were destroyed due to the heat inside the truck's trailer. This was in New Mexico or Arizona I believe. Kind of like leaving an LP album sitting on the backseat of your car on a really hot day.

These covers really are beautiful and the lenticular technology used is superior to normal standards.
Post 446 IP   flag post
I wasn't sure how much heat it could take so I went slow and low heat
Post 447 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I wasn't sure how much heat it could take so I went slow and low heat

Beastie Boys?

Post 448 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 449 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a slab above and some raw books to read at Ace comic Con today

Post 450 IP   flag post

Impressive Dave Cockrum cover work
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Morning score while bin digging at the LCS. $4...

Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Got submissions back, regular track, no press( and they all came back with pressable defects...womp... womp) only took 4+ weeks

Always press these days kids...
Batman and xmen annual will be for sale in my sale thread...probably cheap af. The rest I'm probably holding onto...had the hulk for 25+ years
Post 453 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy many Moderns, but the cover for this book is just too darn good (captivating and creepy) not to own! So about 2 weeks ago when @Frontier2Xterra posted a copy for sale, I had to have it, and Jon was nice enough to work with me so I could purchase it. I am trying to be good and save up for a potential big purchase, so except for a small package that should be arriving from Hong Kong in the next week or two (thanks, Keld!) I have tried to show restraint.

Post 454 IP   flag post
Im still going through my Iron Man purchase. So far I have been really happy with the conditions. Many have so far been nicer than stated. David Michelinie is one of my all-time favorite writers, so Im always inclined to pick up any of his work. Nice work by Romita jr, but I think it is Bob Layton's ink work that steals the show.

Post 455 IP   flag post
597993 999 30