New to your collection #59031

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
No it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
An Artgerm Catwoman.

LMAO!!!! You are correct!!! I'll get on that right away!!
Post 376 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Always loved Dr Strange. Bonus if Nightmare is his next villian.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Found this in the wild this weekend. Great shape, no soiling on the white cover or dings in the spine. A couple tiny problems that should press out and maybe end up a 9.8.

Rebagging it, I noticed it had a surprise inside.

Post 378 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Took a while, finally got it in the mail today.

Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers I just this book off eBay. I don’t think mine is a 9.8 candidate but it’s a newsstand and a mark jewelers ad. Pics to come whenever I get it.
Post 380 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
John Buscema is one of my all-time favorite artist and I have been wanting this book for some time now.

Seller stated a 9.0 VFN/NM and it could very well be on any given day. I was more inclined to call it a 8.5 VFN+.

Regardless it was a beautiful book that I am Very Happy to have added to my collection.

Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Gorgeous book. That one's been on my short list for a while.
Post 382 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 what label is that? Is it one you printed up yourself or is that a grading company?
Post 383 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Bought myself something to make up for all the outgoing

I feel a little better now
Post 384 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i won this at auction, It blows me away the difference between the comics runs that were continued from previous titles, journey into mystery 125, Thor 126. Tales to astonish 101, hulk 102, and sub mariner 1. Tales of suspense 99, Captain America 100, and iron man 1. Look at the price difference between the 1 issues and those who continued the issue number. Their all first in their own titles but the value is much greater with those who got the #1
Post 385 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@BigRedOne1944 what label is that? Is it one you printed up yourself or is that a grading company?

It is my "Cyber Slab" I designed to display my books and Info about each book.

I scan and inventory all of my books using it. I need to upgrade my scans to make them fit the "Cyber Slab" more uniformly.

Post 386 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 Gorgeous book. That one's been on my short list for a while.

@catCovers Thanks for the thumbs up. The book is still very affordable and given John Buscema's Body of legendary work in the industry, I think a VERY over looked book that seems to get lost between some of the other Key Dr.Strange books. A beautiful book I would highly recommend picking up before the masses catch on to the significance of it.

Post 387 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan

excellent!
Post 388 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 very cool
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Found this in the wild this weekend. Great shape, no soiling on the white cover or dings in the spine. A couple tiny problems that should press out and maybe end up a 9.8.

Rebagging it, I noticed it had a surprise inside.

@CatCovers

That’s so awesome. Congrats.
Post 390 IP   flag post
Quote:

i won this at auction, It blows me away the difference between the comics runs that were continued from previous titles, journey into mystery 125, Thor 126. Tales to astonish 101, hulk 102, and sub mariner 1. Tales of suspense 99, Captain America 100, and iron man 1. Look at the price difference between the 1 issues and those who continued the issue number. Their all first in their own titles but the value is much greater with those who got the #1

I have also noted this discrepancy. The Hulk was even more unique previously having his own title before regaining it once again with Tales to Astonish #101 and Hulk #102. Has that ever happened before?

BTW, That Thor vs Hercules cover is pure Jack Kirby GOLD! Congrats on that beautiful book!
Post 391 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I just noticed some of the price movements.
I'm a big subby fan so bought the issue 1 many years ago off heritage. Trouble was I accidentally hit taking offers and can't seem to remove it.Not interested in selling it. But noticed last 2 months offers for it can be seen.

Post 392 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 thanks, I've been working on getting one for a while, love the cover. Wonder if the Hercules hype will drive it up
@southerncross you bought that beauty for 419? Congrats if you did
Post 393 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66, @BigRedOne1944, and @southerncross - Two other weird “Number 1” issues are Doctor Strange #169 and Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 (which came out before Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 and has stories that continue in those two titles). Sub-Mariner #1 has started to increase in value, but still pales in comparison to the value of Iron Man #1 (which of course is the one I don’t own).

Here’s my copy of that hybrid intro issue to both (it was the first SA comic that I submitted for grading that received a 9.6). Another iconic dynamic cover by the under appreciated Gene Colan and Golden-Age legend Bill Everett.

Post 394 IP   flag post
@esaravo, your right, totally forgot about the doctor. I did pick up a graded 9.0 of the hybrid, again, your right about that being so undervalued. Your copy is just beautiful, congrats
Post 395 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@esaravo, your right, totally forgot about the doctor. I did pick up a graded 9.0 of the hybrid, again, your right about that being so undervalued. Your copy is just beautiful, congrats

That is a beautiful book.
Post 396 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Batman66, @BigRedOne1944, and @southerncross - Two other weird “Number 1” issues are Doctor Strange #169 and Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 (which came out before Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1 and has stories that continue in those two titles). Sub-Mariner #1 has started to increase in value, but still pales in comparison to the value of Iron Man #1 (which of course is the one I don’t own).

Here’s my copy of that hybrid intro issue to both (it was the first SA comic that I submitted for grading that received a 9.6). Another iconic dynamic cover by the under appreciated Gene Colan and Golden-Age legend Bill Everett.

That's one fantastic looking book.
I upgraded my copy many years ago a few months after I upgraded my subby 1. It cost me more at that time then Subby 1 but since then the prices on those two books have changed with Iron man Sub-mariner 1 worth less then Sub-mariner 1

Post 397 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Very nice book. But I laughed at the "Special Once-In-A Lifetime Issue!!" ribbon on the cover. That's an old school "Collector's Edition" designation.
Post 398 IP   flag post
@Lonestar yep. Though so far marvel have kept their word. There has never been another Ironman Sub-mariner book.
Post 399 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I hope people don’t try to clear the shelves...at 2 cents they are meant for kids. Free if you buy a box of cereal.

That's happening. I've seen posts (elsewhere) of people displaying 60 books. I picture them shoving kids out of the way like George Costanza.

I hope they don't make a dime in profit, and wind up spending more for slabbing, but they'll likely be rewarded for their greed.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Some cheap odds and ends showed up in the mail today...

Pitt #3 Ashcan or Hero Edition...

1st Alex Ross

Pure Spec book...

Some Star Wars spec...I hear these guys are getting their own show...

Post 401 IP   flag post
Quote:

@esaravo, @Batman66, @southerncross ....

That "Special once-in-a- Lifetime" logo is eerily fitting on that beautiful 9.6 Iron Man Sub-Mariner

Nice calls on the hybrid Issues, but was there anything weirder than The Incredible Hulk Time Line transition?

Incredible Hulk #1 - #6 (1962-63) Cancel after only six issues

Tales to Astonish #59 (Sept. 1964) Hulk's First Appearance in the TOA title.

Tales to Astonish then turns into

Incredible Hulk #101 (1968) Keeping the TOA numbering, but in all actuality it is the 7th Self titled Incredible Hulk issue. (Incredible Hulk #1-#6 ; 1962-63)

The Hulks evolution timeline is "Incredible" and Astonishing" to say the least.

I know Captain America had a similar transformation from his Golden Age era to Tales of Suspense, to Captain America #100, but that evolution took place over a few decades. The Hulk timeline all took place in within a 5-6 year period.

OK Im rambling on and if I haven't already confused you already I'll get to the initial question I originally intended to ask.....

Did The Hulk appear in ANY other Marvel Title after having his Original 1962-63 Incredible Hulk Title(#1-#6) canceled, and prior to his first appearance is Tales to Astonish #59(1964)?
Post 402 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-man 14

Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, ASM 14 is dated July of ‘64.
Post 404 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Yep, ASM 14 is dated July of ‘64.

Yep, and TOS 59 is dated Sept of '64.
Post 405 IP   flag post
600804 999 30