Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived! I'd advise you guys to get your copy while ya can. First appearance of Darth Revan and Malak ! Rumored to be a trilogy coming to the big screens centering around those two.

Movie Info Click or Touch Here
And Here For Another
Post 276 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This white-paged beauty came in today's mail, another high grade SA Adventure Comics to add to my run (21 slabs and counting). It came with paperwork (and a sticker) showing that it was sold by Heritage in 2013, and Heritage claims it is part of the Slobodian Pedigree collection. No pedigree is noted on the CGC label. Anybody hear of this "pedigree" before?

Post 277 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This white-paged beauty came in today's mail, another high grade SA Adventure Comics to add to my run (21 slabs and counting). It came with paperwork (and a sticker) showing that it was sold by Heritage in 2013, and Heritage claims it is part of the Slobodian Pedigree collection. No pedigree is noted on the CGC label. Anybody hear of this "pedigree" before?

Link has some info

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/231340-slobodian-pedigree/
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like everyone's been having a good time. Congrats on the pickups @drogio & @Studley_Dudley ; those books look beautiful.

With Spawn #300 coming up, and my love of ASM #300 swipes, I figured I'd grab the Spawn set of swipes as well.

First one to arrive was Spawn #227. Many thanks to @masochism for pointing this one out to me.

The special "Thanks" issue should be here in the next day or two, depending on how efficient the post office feels like being this week. The 300's are on order. I feel like #24 isn't necessarily a swipe, but I like it enough to pair it with the others. I found a great copy the other day at my favorite dollar bin treasure trove.

Been finding odds & ends recently. Picked up a great looking copy of Aliens: Newt's Tale #1, first time I've found one of those in the wild. Spent way too much money but also picked up some new OA that's on its way.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just arrived! I'd advise you guys to get your copy while ya can. First appearance of Darth Revan and Malak ! Rumored to be a trilogy coming to the big screens centering around those two.

Movie Info Click or Touch Here
And Here For Another
I'll have to find a copy. Thanks for the tip.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Zatanna by Tim Vigil

Post 281 IP   flag post
PRIME #15 p. 21 by Perez and Jensen

Post 282 IP   flag post
The Eternals (1986) #10 p.4 Pollard (pencils), Bulanadi/Simonson (inks), Simonson (script)

Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user

Post 284 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 285 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers you rock
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Gracias. I met an older gentleman with no heirs who wants to sell off his collection (fairly small collection, but lots of keys). Those are the first two I bought. And yeah, they’re at least as pretty as they look in that picture.

Now I just have to find a way to keep affording the cost of his stuff and keep buying at a quick enough pace for him.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@Batman66 Gracias. I met an older gentleman with no heirs who wants to sell off his collection (fairly small collection, but lots of keys). Those are the first two I bought. And yeah, they’re at least as pretty as they look in that picture.

Now I just have to find a way to keep affording the cost of his stuff and keep buying at a quick enough pace for him.
Let me know if you can't afford any more of it!
Post 288 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers - If you can get your hands on an X-Men #1, I would hold a week-long flash sale!
Post 289 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers buy books you have already, sell your duplicates, hopefully you can make enough to buy the books you want to keep. I'm sure you'll have plenty of buyers here
Post 290 IP   flag post
So funny thing about the new mutants 98 my wife told me to strictly told me do not buy any comics because my birthday is coming up. Well I saw the NM 98 at my comic shop and went today to pick it up. Well low and behold my wife was was going to buy 9.6 today off eBay and I’ve ruined my birthday.
Post 291 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31

Was your copy better than a 9.6?

If not, I'm sorry....
Post 292 IP   flag post
@Bronte it is not lol. It’s probably an 8.0 8.5. I mean it’s funny now but my wife is trying her hardest to do my birthday present without any help. Which I really appreciate. Because she doesn’t really doesn’t care for comics but she has been very supportive of my comics hasn’t given me any grief. Well except today haha.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
So funny thing about the new mutants 98 my wife told me to strictly told me do not buy any comics because my birthday is coming up. Well I saw the NM 98 at my comic shop and went today to pick it up. Well low and behold my wife was was going to buy 9.6 today off eBay and I’ve ruined my birthday.

Why did you tell her?!! She told you not to buy a comic....the least you,could have done was kept it on the down low and waited until after your birthday to tell her! And then you could have just flipped your copy on eBay or been like, “wow honey, that one is so much better than the copy I picked up! Thank you so much! You’re the best wife ever!!”

How long you been married? 😉
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Zatanna by Tim Vigil

mad envy...wow
Post 295 IP   flag post
@Drogio she came
Over to my brothers where I was showing him the comics and she saw it. I did I said go buy that one I want that 9.6! But she said she already moved onto another comic to purchase. She said it doesn’t need to be one I’ve already have or own. Like she made fun of me yesterday for having two teen titans 44 both signed and graded.

We’ve will have been married 3 years this November. Together for 2 years before that. Yes I’m still a young buck and still consider myself newly married.
Post 296 IP   flag post
@bige31
So let me get this straight. You screw the pooch by buying a book. You get caught. You catch hell for 5 minutes and your wife has a backup book to buy you?

You are a lucky guy.
Post 297 IP   flag post
@bige31 congrats
Post 298 IP   flag post
@Bronte haha yes lol. I’ve told her several books I would like and believe she’s finally listened. Plus my brother told her something.

@Batman66 thanks man. It’s been a journey for so early on in our marriage but I wouldn’t trade it.
Post 299 IP   flag post
@bige31 wife and I have been married for 33 years this year, met her when she was 13 and I was 15, dated when she was 15, married at 18. We still consider ourselves newlyweds. Life is good
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

got these from a Craigslist ad

Nice newsstand hulk

That Spawn #9 (1st Angela) is supposedly a key issue to watch. Does anyone think it's a good speculative investment book?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
That Spawn #9 (1st Angela) is supposedly a key issue to watch. Does anyone think it's a good speculative investment book?

She was rumored to be in a Marvel movie I think, but that was a while ago. I don't know if that was just more speculation hype or not.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
If my memory serves me correctly, there was something Neil Gaiman was involved with that led people to believe she’d pop-up in the MCU awhile back. I want to say it was Guardians 2, but don’t quote me on that.

With the Spawn reboot in the immediate future, maybe the rumor mill is going again.

But who has the rights to her? Marvel, or McFarlane? I think it’s a muddled rights issue with her.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Just upgraded my copy! May put the other copy up for sale if anyone is interested. Feel free to PM me for photos
Post 304 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm That's a very nice looking 32
Post 305 IP   flag post
600644 999 30