Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a book that I sent out for pressing and grading. I got it back today.I was hoping for at least a 4.0. So I am happy with the 4.5 and the book presents much nicer after the press and slab.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Filled a couple gaps in 80s and early 90s mini series.

Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
ah, flat-top Sinestro.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Mountie73 You have a good eye. Nice job on all those 9.8 books.

Thanks. We sent 30 for that run. Had a return of:
18 9.8s
4 9.6s
3 9.4s
1 9.2
4 9.0s

Overall, we were very pleased with our results. Lots of scrutinizing.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Classic hulk cover. And I believe the inspiration of the homage cover for the immortal hulk 1 as you of you pointed out.

Post 230 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice looking Hulk #105, Im Jelly.
Post 231 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

All books were cleaned and pressed by myself.

Here's some highlights...

Post 232 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 6/84 Mirage Studios Second Printing CGC 9.2 Qualified WHITE PAGES
Signed and sketched by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. From the personal collection of Peter Laird.

Purchased from Mirage Studios Archives Ebay Account in 2011 when it was then named "tmnt_toys" and later changed to "mirage-studios"

Comic Description:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 6/84 Mirage Studios Second Printing

Grader Notes:
Bottom Front Cover Crease
Bottom Spine Crease

Cleaned and pressed by myself.

WHITE PAGES
Post 233 IP   flag post

Raphael 1 1985 Mirage Studios CGC 9.6 Qualified OW/WHITE PAGES
Signed and sketched by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. From the personal collection of Peter Laird.

Purchased from Mirage Studios Archives Ebay Account in 2011 when it was then named "tmnt_toys" and later changed to "mirage-studios"

Comic Description:
Raphael 1 1985 Mirage Studios

Grader Notes:
Right Center Back Cover Substance

Cleaned and pressed by myself.
Post 234 IP   flag post

Comic Description:
Vampirella 1 9/69 Warren Publishing

Grader Notes:
Right Bottom Front Cover Chip Out
Right Bottom Front Cover Medium Crease
Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color
Staple Multiple Tear
Whole Book Multiple Finger Bends

Cleaned and pressed by myself. (not sure how it got finger bends after the fact...suspicious.)
Post 235 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 thank you. I saw and grabbed it cuz I thought this is to nice to pass up
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I just received a shipment back from across the street. These were all from my personal collection and bought when they came out. I had them pressed by Josh Avery and then submitted. I was really psyched when I got them back.

Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Can't wait to crack these and send off for a pressing and re-grade. Going into my PC.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh. Just got this back from grading. Sent it because of blue hologram. I noted it on invoice and there is no note of it from CGC or in grading notes. Stupid. Hopefully they note the blue hologram for the wolverine 75 I sent in.

Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Can't wait to crack these and send off for a pressing and re-grade. Going into my PC.
oh wow that top book Mister Miracle 4 is solid gold nowdays...awesome
Post 240 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Ugh. Just got this back from grading. Sent it because of blue hologram. I noted it on invoice and there is no note of it from CGC or in grading notes. Stupid. Hopefully they note the blue hologram for the wolverine 75 I sent in.

Definitely looks blue to me, seems hard to miss ...ouch
Post 241 IP   flag post
Quote:
Educate me a little. Is it normally a different color? I think I have one that is a ailver foil color. Is the blue one a known more desirable version? I really have no idea but am curious. It looks cool.

Post 242 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra My question is stuck in the box with your post above.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips the blue is a little more rare and an error. The holograms are typically orange / green with the usual good bit of movement on this series. The blue is all blue with little to no hologram movement due to error. Typically found on the x-men 25 and wolverine 75 but have been found in the other fatal attractions books.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips The holograms on the Fatal Attractions books were normally greenish if the process went correctly. However, there were quite a few that came out blue and some of the blue holograms didn't hologram. It was just blue.

Quote:

Don't feel bad, the CGC didn't note my gold edition as the gold edition either. But the B & W edition was noted in the same order.
Post 245 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Yeah, I bought the CGC notes prior to purchasing and it looks like a great candidate to get to 9.2/9.4 or better after a pressing. Been looking for a great high grade copy to pick up before the movie hype drives it out of range.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry...what??? Is there going to be a Mister Miracle movie?? Guess i should get some graded?? Have full run of original series with a few doubles here and there....
Post 247 IP   flag post
@KatKomics New Gods movie in development that is likely to include scott free and big barda
Post 248 IP   flag post
Big keys right now getting hype are #1, #2 (granny goodness 1st), #4 (1st Barda), #6 (1st furies)
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in my replacement for the one I bought on eBay and returned a few months back.
(Not from the same seller.)

Post 250 IP   flag post
Quote:
Big keys right now getting hype are #1, #2 (granny goodness 1st), #4 (1st Barda), #6 (1st furies)

Nice!!! Might have another few comics to send in later this year...gonnna have to include Mister Miracle
Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Nice!!! Might have another few comics to send in later this year...gonnna have to include Mister Miracle

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/30/the-new-gods-explained-who-are-the-dc-characters
Post 252 IP   flag post
Sweet mama!!! Mr Excel says I have 3 #1's, and doubles of #2,3,4,9 and 10 of Mister Miracle.

I remember taking them around to try and sell/trade at shops about 17years ago and no one wanted them!!
Pretty sure my 1's are all 6-7.5 range - time to dig them out and confirm quantities and quality - looks like I have some contender books for my August submission - hope the movie actually gets made and is decent
Post 253 IP   flag post
Found this out in the wild today

Post 254 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Why it took me so long to try Tank Girl, I don't know. I enjoyed the movie, but I never bought a comic. Now that I have, I think I found a new love!!! The comics are definitely NOT for kids!!! There is swearing, adult humor and some nudity. But the stories are well written and humorous while the art is great!! Plus, the actual paper is heavier and just feels nice and sturdy. Anyways, I got these two today and I'll be looking for more in the coming months!!!

Post 255 IP   flag post
597889 999 30