Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #59031

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Now I only need #4 to complete the 1-7 Steranko cover run.

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters
Post 977 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

More monsters...more monsters...must get more monsters

@Enelson, you might want to seek professional help.

...a professional that can help you get more monsters!
Post 978 IP   flag post
@sportshort

Or monsters
Post 979 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@sportshort

Or monsters

Cowbells you say... hmmmm...
Post 980 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another trade pickup (Ryan again).

Post 981 IP   flag post
So this book is not new per se, but I forgot I had it, and sure as hell didn't realize it was signed and just sitting in a box

I moved to NJ in 2006 from San Diego and at the time I left about 40 boxes of comics. I've gotten most of them back here little by little but some are still in a garage, my mother will use comics to pad boxes she ships us so it's like getting a mystery box every couple months.
My assumption is I got this signed at sdcc sometime in the mid 90s
Post 982 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Now I only need #4 to complete the 1-7 Steranko cover run.

I had a raw #4 (8.0/8.5 pressed - perfect cover wrap) but I sold it last October. Sure wish I could have helped you out.
Post 983 IP   flag post
Pretty good mail call again today
These first books came from a trade I made on IG

This last one is pretty cool...its a double cover...never, in approximately 35+ years of collecting have I had a double cover

This last one was another Amazon purchase...whereas last time I was pleasantly surprised by price and quality...this one is kind of a "push"

Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson my wife is a casual collector of “Witching Hour” issues. The art is always fantastic & they have a very fun “Twilight Zone” vibe to them.

A double cover is just extra cool.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in a trade with @esaravo.

I’ve wanted a nice copy of this book for YEARS. It’s definitely going into a slab soon.

If you’ve never done business with Ed, don’t hesitate. He’s great to work with and packs his stuff exceptionally well.

Post 986 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user

Post 987 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today. Comics & Ponies Exclusive.

Post 988 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift Nice! I gotta get me one of those. I had one years ago but sold it to pay for other books. I really miss it.
Post 989 IP   flag post
So there's this rinky dink consignment store next to this pizza place I go to...I just walked over while I was waiting, spent $9 and got these....

The XO book is 100% high grade...and the Daredevil Vapora book was too curious to pass
Post 990 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

May 1972
Post 991 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So there's this rinky dink consignment store next to this pizza place I go to...I just walked over while I was waiting, spent $9 and got these....

The XO book is 100% high grade...and the Daredevil Vapora book was too curious to pass

The Punisher War Journal #75 is kind of a tough book with a lower print run.
Post 992 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 yeah, I know I didnt have it and I seem to remember it having some heat at one time. It was $3.50 of the $9 I spent...
Post 993 IP   flag post
Just received this beauty from Board Member Xkonk

While I spent some years completing my Super High Grade Wolverine Run, I never really chased many of the variants and mail-in books like this. Xkonx put it up in his sale list here on the boards and I figure why not. It certainly makes a nice companion piece in My Wolverine Run.

It also surpassed my Grade expectation, at first glace I thought it was 9.8 (It could possibly be) I found one tiny microscopic tic and went with the 9.6 NM+

Thanks Alex!(Xkonk)

Got it Scanned

Scanned and logged into my "Cyber slab" Photo Database

Into Mylar Sleeve

Over to the trusty Comic cabinet Wall

Safely filed away

Post 994 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 you are waaaay more organized than me, I can't walk into my comic room without kicking over a box or two
Post 995 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift

sooper cool.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 That is a really nice set up you have there. I wish I was that organized!
Post 997 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
3 more

Post 998 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@BigRedOne1944 you are waaaay more organized than me, I can't walk into my comic room without kicking over a box or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@BigRedOne1944 That is a really nice set up you have there. I wish I was that organized!

LOL! Well trust me guys I have more than my share of boxes and junk piled in the corners

I guess its all in how you crop your photo's
Post 999 IP   flag post
601366 999 24