Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

I tracked a package off of eBay and this is the message I get has it actually been shipped or not it's been about a month the seller swears they shipped it
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
They are lying (seller). It shows this way if they printed off the shipping label & the USPS is awaiting the seller to drop it off to them.
That or the Post Office sucks & they lost it completely. (Which is probably unlikely.)

Did they put insurance on it?
Regardless, you should be protected by eBays buyers protection; you never received item.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth to be honest I have no idea if they insured it I doubt if they did . I personally don't believe they shipped it yet
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
request the seller to check with the post office, doesn't look like the post office received the package
Post 4 IP   flag post
@andy49 the seller is saying I should have received it already not sure how I could have received something that was never shipped
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 I would act soon before your window time runs out on getting your money back.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@ONLINE_209 bought a book, it took 3-4 weeks to get to me. It might be the postal (non)service
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth good thing you said that cuz I forgot about that
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
The post office will scan the bar code when the item is handed to them. It’s possible the person left it in the mail box or scheduled for it to be picked up and it was stolen...or usps misplaced it before logging it in.

Either way, I don’t think usps will insure this if they don’t have records of receiving it. It’s always best to drop the item off at usps and get a receipt that they accepted it. This cannot happen if that action took place.

File an item not received and the seller will have to figure out what to do. All the evidence is in your favor.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
@andy49 the seller is saying I should have received it already not sure how I could have received something that was never shipped

you should tell the seller you didn't receive it because the usps website indicates the post office never received the package from the seller

that's why you should suggest to the seller to go to post office and find out if the package is laying around somewhere at the post office and never scanned into the system for shipping
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Kenjisan1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I work for the USPS, and I will admit mistakes do sometimes happen. If the item was dropped off at the office it would have been scanned in for processing and would start the tracking process. If the item was picked up by a mail carrier, they're supposed to scan it in but unfortunately that doesn't always happen. Eventually it has to get scanned at the receiving, sorting, and distribution plant.

If you have the tracking number, I suggest going to the USPS.com site. Create an account first because you will need to enter it later. Go to the HELP section and select the FIND MISSING MAIL option. Scroll down to the SUBMIT A SEARCH REQUEST then follow the directions from there.

This way if it was actually sent and got misdirected they might be able to track it down and get it going in the right direction, and they send you updates too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49
Quote:

you should tell the seller you didn't receive it because the usps website indicates the post office never received the package from the seller

that's why you should suggest to the seller to go to post office and find out if the package is laying around somewhere at the post office and never scanned into the system for shipping

Yep. It's the seller's obligation to do the info search on this, whether it's their fault or not.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjisan1967
I work for the USPS, and I will admit mistakes do sometimes happen. If the item was dropped off at the office it would have been scanned in for processing and would start the tracking process. If the item was picked up by a mail carrier, they're supposed to scan it in but unfortunately that doesn't always happen. Eventually it has to get scanned at the receiving, sorting, and distribution plant.

If you have the tracking number, I suggest going to the USPS.com site. Create an account first because you will need to enter it later. Go to the HELP section and select the FIND MISSING MAIL option. Scroll down to the SUBMIT A SEARCH REQUEST then follow the directions from there.

This way if it was actually sent and got misdirected they might be able to track it down and get it going in the right direction, and they send you updates too.

Misdirected.... I had bought something off Ebay and this particular time I had issues with it. The seller offered free shipping. It got delivered to the wrong address. I was out $50+ bucks cause the seller never put insurance on it, & eBay showed the status as "delivered" (just not at my house....)

The USPS still owes me that money (which I'll never see.) So I'm thinking I might go there and get a ton of their free "priority" boxes and cut them up and use them for cardboard backing for comics I sell.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjisan1967

Misdirected.... I had bought something off Ebay and this particular time I had issues with it. The seller offered free shipping. It got delivered to the wrong address. I was out $50+ bucks cause the seller never put insurance on it, & eBay showed the status as "delivered" (just not at my house....)

The USPS still owes me that money (which I'll never see.) So I'm thinking I might go there and get a ton of their free "priority" boxes and cut them up and use them for cardboard backing for comics I sell.

You can go online and order those Same boxes and have them delivered to your house (no cost to you, free shipping). You need to order them in bundles of 10, but I don’t think there’s a limit to the bundles you can order. You can order a bundle of every size. This is how I get my region A and B large and small boxes as my usps doesn’t keep them in stock.

Not that I condone the behavior you’re suggesting....just saying you don’t need to make a trip to the post office to acquire priority boxes. 😁
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Drogio well I appreciate ya saving me the gas & time! Well, the way I see it, my behavior is justified, being the Master Postman showed me the "area" and street name my package was "misdelivered" but he wouldn't tell me the actual address. They said they will try to get it back from the individual. It never happened....
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Drogio well I appreciate ya saving me the gas & time! Well, the way I see it, my behavior is justified, being the Master Postman showed me the "area" and street name my package was "misdelivered" but he wouldn't tell me the actual address. They said they will try to get it back from the individual. It never happened....

I assume this was first class, not priority? Everything priority is automatically covered up to $50.

However....I have noticed on eBay the mailing invoice with say “not insured” if you do not select insurance when buying the label....although I still think the package is covered for $59 per USPS policy for priority mail, when the label is purchased through ebay and you item sells for over $50 Priority mail covers up to $100 free...but I think you have to “add insurance” before buying the label to get the full $100 for free.

Kind of,off topic here, but thought people may not know this... name special that the $100 coverage isn’t automatic.
Post 16 IP   flag post
EBay now wants to share my phone number with the seller why so I can get harassing phone calls makes no sense to me
Post 17 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 Really... I'd tell them, "No... I don't feel comfortable giving out my number. It's been too long already and the Post Office is still awaiting the package so obviously the seller hasn't delivered it to the Post Office yet..." then tell them you want a full refund. Period.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I did tell them no to my phone number they told me I still have to give them three days to make good on the sale not sure why as the three extra days is going to put me beyond the 30-day threshold
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'd call again. Tell them you want to speak to a manager/supervisor. Explain that you have waited for the seller to deliver the package to the Post office, and the Post Office still says they are awaiting the package from the seller. And if you give them three days, it will go beyond the allotted time for you to get a refund, so that isn't going to happen.

+1-866-540-3229 - eBay Customer Service
Post 20 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I'm going to call them right now and see what happens
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GanaSoth I did tell them no to my phone number they told me I still have to give them three days to make good on the sale not sure why as the three extra days is going to put me beyond the 30-day threshold

I always look at actions like this as being designed to get a small percentage of complaints to just walk away- Then they address those who remain.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Keep us posted.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:

That is BS. Three days? They had 28 days. Times up.

Good luck. Did you already submit an item not delivered request? That should extend the time for this issue to get resolved.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Drogio I did but I'm not sure how that's going to play out I would think in my favor cuz they clearly did not ship it
Post 25 IP   flag post
Apparently because I didn't contact eBay yesterday it looks like I lost out they said I let the time lapse which is BS in my opinion . I've been sick for the last two days so I forgot to contact them yesterday Lessons Learned I guess
Post 26 IP   flag post
Speaking of missing comics. I received a shipping notice from an order from midtown comics back on May 13th. Today I checked to see that the tracking indicates it hasn’t been handed over to UPS...so I contacted MTC via email to find out when they were going to ship it out and here’s the response I get:

“Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It looks like your order has been shipped as of 5/13/19 we apologize for the processing delay on the order. The order does not appear to be moving currently. You can reach out to UPS and see if they can provide any update. Otherwise you please contact us on 6/13/19 please let us know and we will figure out the best course of action to assist you.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you kindly,

Midtown Comics”

Seriously? I have to contact UPS? What are they going to say to me? That they haven’t received the package and contact MTC.

And I have to wait 30 days before MTC will even address the issue on their end???

Pathetic.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Drogio and this is why I stopped dealing with Midtown Comics I never received either order

Post 28 IP   flag post
So apparently my shipment from midtown is taking a nice ride around the country, first class. Dropped off at a USPS facility on 5/13 (keep in mind Manhattan is about a 2hr drive from my house). Showed up in San Francisco on 5/20. Decided to hang around for a few days before heading back east. In Springfield MA now....and with the holiday likely won’t be delivered until Tuesday.

I expect to see a lot of traveling suitcase stickers on the mailer when it arrives...
Post 29 IP   flag post
601263 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?