Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleGrading Help NeededQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

What grade would you give this?9024

Collector Peanutt private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new to the whole grading of comics, so I'm wondering what some experienced eyes would say. Thank you in advance. There are no torn pages or writing on or in it what so ever.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Apparently my image upload is not working..
Any suggestions?
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
9.2 or 4.5 😁
Post 3 IP   flag post

Apparently I can upload an image using my phone but not selecting an image on the computer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking 4.5

great book too!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, that books got a lot of spine bends, and cover folds. Rounded corners. All bends are breaking color.
I'd say 4.0 to a 4.5
Nice book, first Scott Lang as Ant-man.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
It would help to see the book out of the bag with front and back images
Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
Yeah. Still a 4.0 to a 4.5
At least it has no tears/rips or missing pieces.

Edit: As long as there are no missing pages inside, tears or rips, no cutouts, centerfold staples are intact. Interior page color, quality of pages. There is a lot to consider when evaluating a comic condition.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you very much! I'm kinda clueless when it comes to grading. At least now I have somewhat of an idea.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Peanutt Stay with it, you'll get the hang of it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutt
Thank you very much! I'm kinda clueless when it comes to grading. At least now I have somewhat of an idea.

Pictures posted here can only do so much. There’s still the back cover and interior which if there’s significantly more defects will knock the grade down further.

Best advice is to grab a copy of the Overstreet guide to grading, as well as either sending in some comics in various grades or buying some in various grades to get an idea...maybe look for some minor keys you like in lower grade and other non keys you like in higher grades.

Unfortunately even the most non popular book may cost $40-$50 graded on eBay....so might be cheaper just to send some of your favorites in your personal colection in and see what happens..,and expect to be a little disappointed with the results the first go around...scratches and fingerprints hard to see in normal light can ruin your day quick!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Good advice by @Drogio. This is the book he is referring to. "This is the book you want to have" OWK.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutt
I'm new to the whole grading of comics, so I'm wondering what some experienced eyes would say. Thank you in advance. There are no torn pages or writing on or in it what so ever.

I think the folks on this board tend to be too tight with their grades. But it does help keep expectations down.

The two spine corners are blunted, and you have small, color-breaking folds on the bottom right corner, along the right side, and I think on the bottom between the edge of the cover and the magnifying glass. A couple places are color-breaking wrinkles, like on the gun (?) barrel. Significant stress lines around the bottom staple and a number of significant color-breaking dents in the spine. But you also have excellent gloss and - I believe - white pages. This is a 5.0 as-is, and will go to 6.0 with a press.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Peanutt Stay with it, you'll get the hang of it.

Absolutely. Look for some grading guides online or in book form (Overstreet) and make a serious effort to study it. Buy a few inexpensive slabs in varying grades for some visual examples, but keep in mind you could have two 6.0s that look completely different. Mid grade comics can be a pain to grade.
If you're more collector than seller/"investor", you can save a lot in grading fees.
IMHO
Post 15 IP   flag post
601201 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?