Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleMemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Great Deal on Mylites2 and Fullbacks9018

Collector DONTSLEEP private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, I am Curtis AKA DONTSLEEP. I am the seller of the Egerber Mylites2 on EBAY. I want to thank you all for your support. I strive to furnish all my clients with the best customer service and product. I have been using Egerber products for many years. I am a mom and pop type of seller. However I have found a niche.

Egerber is based in Maryland; 30 min from my home. I am able to compete with the bigger shops because I do not pay shipping. What that means for you is that I personally inspect and pick up the mylites and ship them to you. No extra handling. I also use special boxes ordered through U-Line specifically for the shipment of the Egerber products. I apologize in advance, I only ship 1 order per box, as I have found that multiple orders in bigger boxes are more prone to be damaged. I strive to deliver straight fullbacks and unblemished mylites to you.

I have been a member of EBAY for more than 20 years; my 100% rating was earned not manufactured.

I trust that all that have ordered are satisfied with their purchase.

Pops always said, " You don't have to understand how it works, to appreciate all it can do for you"

Thanks again

-Curtis
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@DONTSLEEP welcome to the forums!
Yep, I can totally vouch for you and your service! They came super fast and very securely packaged! Perfect condition!

Like @kaptainmyke (whose been ordering from you for years) you now got another customer for life.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
My order arrived yesterday. Only took a couple days. Awesome! 🍺
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps someone can chime in on this question. I use, and have been pleased with, Ultra-Pro Silver Age bags with BCW Silver Age boards. If I was to go over and re-bag/board my collection using the E-Gerber brand Mylites 2 bags what size bags would I want to order based on their listing on the website? Also, I am not sure what half-back and full-back boards mean but I would want something as sturdy if not better than what I currently use. If it was to be Full Back boards, again what size would work best? I like having some room for my comic using the current set-up I have. Thanks in advance...
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Kinsella5 Fullbacks are the thickest/best protection.
For your silver age comics, use the following:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If you go the silver/gold E Gerber bags, you may have to use larger boxes for storage.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Exactly what @Studley_Dudley said. The silver age size will not fit in standard comic book boxes. You will have to get a magazine sized box.
But the standard size E. Gerber Mylites2 will fit in a standard comic book size box.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 - I use Standard size (7” by 10.5”) Full-Backs (#700FB) with Standard size (7.25” by 10.5” plus 1.5” flap) Mylites2 (#725M2) for SA to Modern comics. Here’s a scan of a SA Spidey in this combo. The SA size would give you a little more room (about a quarter of an inch more).

Post 33 IP   flag post
BEST POSSIBLE FORM OF PROTECTIVE STORAGE AVAILABLE! MYLITES2 MYLAR BAGS AND FULLBACK ACID FREE BACKING BOARD BY E. GERBER, THE LEADER IN LONGTERM ARCHIVAL STORAGE SOLUTIONS.

THE MYLITE2 IS MADE FROM MYLAR, THE STRONGEST PLASTIC AVAIALBLE. MYLAR HAS 1/3 THE STRENGTH OF STEEL! MYLAR IS THE MOST STABLE PLASTIC WITH ZERO OFFGASSING, WILL NOT ABSORB MOISTURE LIKE POLY BAGS.

THE FULLBACK ACID FREE BACKING BOARD IS ALMOST DOUBLE THE THICKNESS OF THE HALFBACK WITH GREATER RIDGIDITY!! 100% ACID FREE THROUGH AND THROUGH!! NO MATTER WHICH SIDE YOU APPLY TO YOUR COLLECTABLE!! MADE FROM 100% ACID FREE CARDBOARD AND CUT TO 42MIL. THICKNESS OFFERING THE BEST RIGIDITY!! EACH BUY IT NOW BID/PURCHASE IS FOR 50 MYLITES2 STANDARD 70’s (725M2) 50 FULLBACK BACKING BOARDS (700FB)

SILVER GOLD (775M2) AND (750FB)

That is a direct cut in paste from my ebay page.

1970'S + I would recommend the standard 725m2 and 700FB
Late 1950's (1958) to 1970 750m2. And 775FB Silver/GOLD

BUT REALLY DEPENDS ON PERSONAL PREFERENCES, IF YOU WANT A SNUG FIT OR A LOOSE FIT. I SAY BEFORE YOU INVEST IN A MASS QUANTITY, GO TO YOUR LOCAL LCS AND BUY A SINGLE OF EACH AND GIVE THEM A TEST DRIVE.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DONTSLEEP I agree with your sales pitch. These products are awesome. Unfortunately most LCS don't sell them. I use the technique that you recommend. I am very pleased with the procucts,however like @Studley_Dudley and @GanaSoth mentioned, the 775M2 will not fit in a standard size comic book box. If you don't like the magazine size, the graded size box works too. This is what I use for my 775 Silver/Gold size mylars.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I bought from and will buy from again. Great seller.

Thanks for being awesome.
Post 36 IP   flag post

Strange tales #10 1952 in a silver/gold 775m2 with 750fb
Post 37 IP   flag post

Thor 165 in standard 725m2 and 700fb
Post 38 IP   flag post
You must have some new fangled box. It fits fine in mine. Lol see
Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTSLEEP

Well my 775m4 with Full Back "fit" but they scrape the side of the box and seam a little too snug. Here are some photos. Maybe they are wider than the 775m2. Not sure.

Post 41 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips. Those M4's are same width as the M2's. The book is a little snug in my box aswell but it is an old box at least 25 years. Talking bout my box.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@DONTSLEEP Thanks and welcome to the forums! It's true, I've been ordering from you for at least 3-4 years now. I am on west coast so it takes about 5-6 days for me to get your orders. Waiting on one now actually, I have been swapping out mylites as I press books because I've only got one left right now as I'm waiting on more lol
Post 43 IP   flag post

Yep yep they are on the way!
Post 44 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 45 IP   flag post
<BLUSH> @KAPTAINMIKE
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to everyone who responded one thing I failed to mention in my initial posting was my collection is primarily modern comics, going back to the 1980's. The few Silver Age comics I had I (foolishly) sold in the 90's. I use standard long boxes for my comics. I will take another read through the responses though so thank you.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Short boxes will do your back a huge favor @Kinsella5
Post 48 IP   flag post
598059 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?