Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Motor City Comic Con Thread9012

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
With the Motor City Con only 1 week away I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for anyone who may be going. I am planning on attending both Friday and Saturday and am open to meeting up with any other forum members who may be attending. I know Brian G. and I talked about meeting at Gatsby’s restaurant across the street from the con after the show on Friday night. Anyone else interested please respond here. I can also do Saturday night if anyone is coming on that day. I would love to meet you all in person and it would be cool to take some pics which we can post here for those who can’t attend. I know at least a few of you live in the area and will likely be attending at least one day. Let’s get together and have some fun!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I hope he gets well soon.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
It's a shame, I read that he took at fall off the stage at the Texas Frightmare event and broke his collarbone.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 oooof.... if he's still out, it must not be healing correctly & they gotta use screws.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Bummer 😕. Seems like there’s at least one big cancellation every year.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
With the Motor City Con only 1 week away I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread for anyone who may be going. I am planning on attending both Friday and Saturday and am open to meeting up with any other forum members who may be attending. I know Brian G. and I talked about meeting at Gatsby’s restaurant across the street from the con after the show on Friday night. Anyone else interested please respond here. I can also do Saturday night if anyone is coming on that day. I would love to meet you all in person and it would be cool to take some pics which we can post here for those who can’t attend. I know at least a few of you live in the area and will likely be attending at least one day. Let’s get together and have some fun!
I am still up for Gatsbys. I am hoping to go to MCCC Friday but am not sure at this point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Looking forward to it, bro! Hope you make the con. I know it’s not a cheap day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp The show ends at 7pm on Friday. I usually don't stay right to the end. What time do you want to meet at Gatsbys? Do you think they will be really busy at Gatsbys?
Post 8 IP   flag post
All are welcome. Who else is interested?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I am guessing Gatsby’s will be pretty busy, although I usually don’t go to the con on Friday so I can’t say for sure. I will probably stay until the end of the show both Friday and Saturday nights. Hopefully a few other forum members will join in. I will have at least one comic loving buddy riding with me who will be joining in, maybe more.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp Should we shoot for 7:30-7:45 pm?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes. I should definitely be able to do 7:30 because they pretty much throw you out of the con at 7. We should PM each other our number so we can sync up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Any other forum members interested in joining @michaelekrupp and I after Motor City Comic Con on Friday night? I plan to reserve a table at Gatsby's for 7:30 pm. It would be cool to get a few of us together.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bump.
Post 14 IP   flag post
That would pretty cool & fun, but sadly I'm not going... good luck gentlemen; stay safe and have fun!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
That would pretty cool & fun, but sadly I'm not going... good luck gentlemen; stay safe and have fun!

Wish you could make it, bro. We will take some pics for you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
That would be cool! I'll look forward to them.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone does independent comics/artists. Bill McKay's Zombie Tramp Motor City cover he has said will be one of his last Zombie Tramp covers (he's currently at 50). But, there was an issue with shipping and many of what he ordered will not be sold (he's really good about not selling stuff that's in bad shape). So...it should be a fairly rare con exclusive cover.
Post 18 IP   flag post
We have 1 spot left for a forum member to join @michaelekrupp,his friend and I at Gatsby's after the Friday Motor City Show closes. We will be at Gatsby's at 7:30 pm. It should be a good time. Let us know if interested.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp and @BrianGreensnips at the con
Post 20 IP   flag post
Alan Davis doing a sketch inside my Complete D.R. and Quinch.
Post 21 IP   flag post
The finished product:

Freaking AMAZING to watch the man work!
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was definitely a good time. Alan Davis is an amazing artist. Mike,Andy and I had a great time. Let's do it again next year and have more forum members join us.
Post 23 IP   flag post
By the way, I am the short guy on the left. Lol.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp @BrianGreensnips I think it's great that you guys were able to hook up and enjoy the con!! Thanks for sharing!! But I have to ask, did you two coordinate the cargo shorts or was it just a happy coincidence???
Post 25 IP   flag post
Just a coincidence. It finally has gotten warm hear in Michigan.It is also always hot at these conventions. So we have to dress cool.
Post 26 IP   flag post

Here is a couple of my favorite celebrities at the show.
Post 27 IP   flag post

I had a lot of fun at Mike Grell's booth. I had him sign my 3 Warlord books for starters. Then I picked out 2 prints that I had him sign of Warlord and Batman and Green Arrow. Then I bought 2 of his proto type pieces of Sable which he has had for a long time. I really liked these Sable pieces being they were unique.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Then I went over to Mike Henderson's table. If you have not been reading Dead Man Logan, I suggest you do. I picked up 2 original art pieces from his Deadpool vs Old Man Logan series. He had the first 6 books of Dead Man Logan for sale too. I really wanted the page were Dead Man Logan meets the regular Logan(wolverine), I just could not pull the trigger on the price. But here are the 2 pages that I did pick up. I really enjoy his art. There was another customer there both wanting the same pages. I am extremely happy with the pages I bought. Then I was broke. Lol.
It was time to go to lunch. Thanks again Mike and Andy for making it a fun afternoon and thank you Mike for the book you gave me that you wrote back in 1999 called Dire Wolf. I plan to read it tomorrow.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Here is a better photo of issue 1 page 17.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601452 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?