Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Motor City Comic Con Thread9012

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just a coincidence. It finally has gotten warm hear in Michigan.It is also always hot at these conventions. So we have to dress cool.
Post 26 IP   flag post

Here is a couple of my favorite celebrities at the show.
Post 27 IP   flag post

I had a lot of fun at Mike Grell's booth. I had him sign my 3 Warlord books for starters. Then I picked out 2 prints that I had him sign of Warlord and Batman and Green Arrow. Then I bought 2 of his proto type pieces of Sable which he has had for a long time. I really liked these Sable pieces being they were unique.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Then I went over to Mike Henderson's table. If you have not been reading Dead Man Logan, I suggest you do. I picked up 2 original art pieces from his Deadpool vs Old Man Logan series. He had the first 6 books of Dead Man Logan for sale too. I really wanted the page were Dead Man Logan meets the regular Logan(wolverine), I just could not pull the trigger on the price. But here are the 2 pages that I did pick up. I really enjoy his art. There was another customer there both wanting the same pages. I am extremely happy with the pages I bought. Then I was broke. Lol.
It was time to go to lunch. Thanks again Mike and Andy for making it a fun afternoon and thank you Mike for the book you gave me that you wrote back in 1999 called Dire Wolf. I plan to read it tomorrow.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Here is a better photo of issue 1 page 17.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post

Here are 2 pieces that I got for my 2 youngest kids who are in their schools music programs, and play the clarinet and trumpet.I hope they like them.
Post 32 IP   flag post

Here is a better photo. I realized the other photo was blurry.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad you guys had a blast & got some crazy cool stuff! Thanks for sharing your finds with us all.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I was wondering how the show went today?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! As usual, Saturday was the big crowd day. Wall to wall people! Lots of cosplay people. Spent most of the day hitting the boxes. Actually found a couple of 50 cent boxes! Between the two days I probably bought around 300 comics for 50 cents and a dollar. Got a good mix of stuff, some ‘80s Batman and Spider-Man stuff, probably around 50 Harveys, some Dell and Gold Key Stuff such as Turok, Magnus Robot Fighter and Brothers of the spear, some Charlton Phantom comics, a few ‘80s indie comics and some other oddball stuff. Andy took a few pictures of some cosplayers. I will have him send them to my phone and post them for you.
Post 36 IP   flag post

Post 37 IP   flag post
A sample of some of the comics I picked up:

Post 38 IP   flag post

I even found a cool pence copy

Post 39 IP   flag post
Picked up this sweet T

Post 40 IP   flag post
600861 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?