Sub Human!!!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Mark Shultz!!!!!

Xenozoic Tales
Sub Human!!!!!

I won this from Mr. Shultz at a small high school show some years ago in a lottery. I put a few tickets in the bowl for $0.25 apiece and voila! Its the splash page for a prince valiant trade paperback

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Avoid: Liefeld, McFarlane, Campbell, John Byrne (post FF)

Faves: Brian Wood, Terry Moore, Jen Bartel, Emanuela Lupacchino, Gaydos, Rick Remender, Tom Taylor, Jenny Frison, Mark Brooks, and many more.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Faves: Cockrum, Byrne, Silvestri, Portacio and Jim Lee on X-Men. Byrne on FF. Claremont on X-Men from his start until some time in the 90s. Ennis on the Punisher. I've read a few other Ennis-penned series (Red Team, Johnny Red) and have really liked his stories.

Avoid: I won't usually pay for Liefeld's work (X-Force and New Mutants were exceptions because I was working on runs), but it is fun to point out his... we'll just call them perspectives when drawing. I avoid the majority of variants so that puts Campbell on the avoid list. Frank Miller post-80s.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I can overlook most art shortcomings if the story holds up.

Loved Byrne and Simonson's work back in the '80s on FF and Thor. Unfortunately, good artists who only think they can write are a lot more common than artists who actually can.

Only a few writers I actively avoid. Ann Nocenti, who took the New 52 Catwoman (one of my favorites of the reboot) and made it utterly unreadable. Frank Miller, because of the raging bonfire of misogyny that chars its way through everything he writes.

Mostly, I try to judge each story on its own merits, and have various tropes I can't stand more than writers/artists I can't stand.

Of course, I only buy about four or five titles these days anyway.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Donny Cates has been doing killer work on Venom, God Country and Cosmic Ghost rider. I think he will do an amazing job with writing the new Silver Surfer books.
Post 31 IP   flag post
602856 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?