Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

Help Identifying Signatures on Ninjak #19003

Collector Spil2289 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone!

I recently picked up some books randomly and found that Ninjak #1 had a few signatures on it. I am not sure who these belong to and I hope that the community here can help. Thank you in advance, please see creator info below if it's helpful.

Publisher - Acclaim
Store Date - January 31, 1994
Cover Price - $3.50
Editing - Kevin Vanhook
Script - Mark Moretti
Pencils - Joe Quesada
Inks - Jimmy Palmiotti
Colors - John Cebollero
Letters - Chris Eliopoulos
Issue Notes - Chromium Wrap-around cover
GCIN - 275269

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
those look almost exactly like Joe Quesada (top) and Jimmy Palmiotti autographs i've seen on dozens of other books.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Joe Quesada signed the top sig.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Cyrano beat me to it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, honestly, they're both older sigs (I think, does it say '92 on there?), but neither quite looks right to me. But these may be 27 years ago, so... if that's a 12 next to Palmiotti's sig; I'd be real skeptical.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Spil2289 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for the help here. Do these look legit to you? Would it be worth sending it in for verification? If it’s not worth much, I wouldn’t put the money into it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I think they look legitimate. If the book is worth it with you, I’d say go for it. I don’t know how much the book itself is worth but Quesada’s sig is fairly desireable.

@etapi65 It looks like a “93” to me, which would make sense because the book was released in November 1993
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, it's actually called Ninja K. As in, before K there was: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I think they look legitimate. If the book is worth it with you, I’d say go for it. I don’t know how much the book itself is worth but Quesada’s sig is fairly desireable.

@etapi65 It looks like a “93” to me, which would make sense because the book was released in November 1993

If it's from the 90s; I'd say it's probably legit. Sigs do change over time and these are close enough to what I've seen that 20 years of adapting a sig would account for it. Also, Jimmy does, most often, put the year next to his sig so that's a good sign. His current signature, though, you can't really make out the "Jim" it's just a bunch of connected swoops and the sig is more compressed. Quesada's sig is usually larger and...finer? Don't know how to describe it but it usually has a "cleaner" look to it for more recent signatures, but 26 years ago...I don't know. And the giant gold sharpie always messes with sigs. Also, keep in mind, I'm not an expert on verifying sigs. I have seen Jimmy a LOT and have his sig on 20-25 books from the past 4 years. For Quesada I just looked around online.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601199 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?