Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS 10 day turnaround promo9001

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Does anyone know if you need a paid membership for this? I've only submitted at cons.

I think the only requirement is to have the coupon word in the picture on first page.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Does anyone know if you need a paid membership for this? I've only submitted at cons.

I think the only requirement is to have the coupon word in the picture on first page.
Thanks, that's what it sounds like to me too. Just going to go with it.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Sent 12 in today via USPS priority, basically some rare(r) modern variants. I'll let everyone know when I get them back and how it all goes.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector zooks808 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 23 books (me and my brother combined) and it was postmarked on the 15th with the coupon code attached on the invoice. I got an email today saying it was "received by the CBCS Receiving Department and is now being held in our safe, waiting to enter the grading process."

We'll see if the 10 day turnaround promo really is true to what they advertised. 🤔

On another note, i see the banner on the main home page is saying turnaround time for grading is now 5 weeks.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just fyi - two people on facebook have reported movement on their 10 day submissions. One was received on Thursday and he got a tracking number today. The other was received on Friday and he got an email that they are graded and in shipping today.
Post 55 IP   flag post

They received mine last Thursday and it's still listed as "processing", BUT, I know that two of the 12 I sent are going to be rejected so that may be holding them up. The rest I submitted, shouldn't have any issues, though one is topless.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 10 comics by USPS Priority Mail on Friday. The expected delivery date was Monday, but the package wasn't delivered/received until today. I should get the CBCS email tomorrow. I will let everyone know how (quickly) this goes.
Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet but CBCS is now reporting 5 Week Turnaround time on their front page
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector sLiver private msg quote post Address this user
if CBCS wants to make some headway and catch up to CGC, this is this exactly the kind of promo they need to do for an EXTENDED period of time. C’mon CBCS, eat a little into the bottom line for the longevity of your company...hire more staff, run price promos, TaT guarantees and on-site grading nationwide for at least 6 months. I’m no business expert, but I think this strategy is your best shot at catching up to gain market share with CGC.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLiver
if CBCS wants to make some headway and catch up to CGC, this is this exactly the kind of promo they need to do for an EXTENDED period of time. C’mon CBCS, eat a little into the bottom line for the longevity of your company...hire more staff, run price promos, TaT guarantees and on-site grading nationwide for at least 6 months. I’m no business expert, but I think this strategy is your best shot at catching up to gain market share with CGC.
I get what you're saying, but disappointment is the main reason for people to leave a company. If they promote this and people get used to it and it suddenly goes away after 6-8 months; we fanboys will be on here screaming about how we'll never do business with them again, because if they could do it before they should be able to do it all the time etc... At Megacon, the Batman 80 years event, people were choosing to stand in line for over an hour to submit to CGC instead of CBCS. I asked several people why the answer was the same "Yeah, I used them last year and it took 10 months to get my books back, I'm never using them again". I had to wait because they can't slab Batman Damned, but everything else I sent CBCS. That's what they need to focus on once TATs are handled. Providing the same level of products (like slabbing Batman damned, magazines) that CGC is providing. The TATs were an issue with being bought-out and being forced to move suddenly at the height of Con season. That's over, it's done, they're established. They need to find ways to bring back all those people they lost or bring in new clients.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector bobadont private msg quote post Address this user
I posted last year some complaints about TATs with my first submission, so this year I’ll balance things out with some good stuff. I did the 10 day promotion with 10 Moderns: Mailed (from my Texas address) on May 11, Received and Grading on May 13, Labels and Shipping on May 14. I did two-day shipping and it’s scheduled to reach my door this afternoon (May 22). From Received to my doorstep in 8 business days - not too shabby CBCS!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Jason_hendon private msg quote post Address this user
Sent 11 which was received on the 15th. After 3 days of being there I received an email with tracking. My books should be delivered today by FedEx. Amazing how fast they were in an out. Great work from everyone at CBCS. FANTASTIC job guys!!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_hendon
Sent 11 which was received on the 15th. After 3 days of being there I received an email with tracking. My books should be delivered today by FedEx. Amazing how fast they were in an out. Great work from everyone at CBCS. FANTASTIC job guys!!

Seriously what the hell? My 2 day moderns were submitted 4 weeks ago this Friday. And still no movement at all.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35

Seriously what the hell? My 2 day moderns were submitted 4 weeks ago this Friday. And still no movement at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Sooooooooo, if you have books there already they're gonna push these new books ahead of yours to meet this 10 day turnaround promo smh

I think that may be the first sacrifice. If you were going to send books cbcs anyway, do it now
Because I’d assume everything coming in before and after this promo will likely be put on hold.

Seems as though my crystal ball may be working again. Anyone else who submitted before the promo seeing delays?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
As a point of comparison, I mailed 5 modern comics to cgc with fast pass (no press) on 4/24 (delivered 4/29 and took them until 5/9 to log them in their system) and they are due to arrive tomorrow.

Kind of ridiculous it took cgc 10 days to move from being delivered to acknowledging their receipt of them.

But in their defense I didn’t package the books in the absolute exact order which they specify on their shipping instructions....which they say cause delays.

It was an advertised 9 day TaT when shipped...a little misleading that they don’t include the time between being in house to when they log them in the system.
Post 65 IP   flag post
My sub is still in processing. This is day 5 since they received. Just submitted at Megacon, hit their system today as pre-received so I'll be able to check the five week as well.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
My sub is still in processing. This is day 5 since they received. Just submitted at Megacon, hit their system today as pre-received so I'll be able to check the five week as well.
Dashboard says processing, but just got an e-mail saying the submission is ready to ship. Guessing I'll definitely have them back before next Thursday. I'll post what I get back grades, etc...
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my 10 day turnaround promo submission in May 16 (last day of the promo).
E-mail yesterday (5/22) notifying me that it had been received.
E-mail today (5/23) stating that the submission is in grading.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 42 books postmarked 5/16. They received them Tuesday and yesterday they were in billing status all day finally charging me this morning. Today they just say processing. Did anyone get a confirmation stating they were in 10 day promo. No correspondence from them mentions it. I did have promo code on invoice highlighted.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcitycomics
I sent in 42 books postmarked 5/16. They received them Tuesday and yesterday they were in billing status all day finally charging me this morning. Today they just say processing. Did anyone get a confirmation stating they were in 10 day promo. No correspondence from them mentions it. I did have promo code on invoice highlighted.
I did not ever get confirmation about it being part of the 10 day TAT. My dashboard never said anything except processing (which, also, I don't really mind; like watching a pot of coffee boil). But, I got an e-mail this morning saying it was being prepped for shipping and just got another with a tracking number (likely going out tomorrow). Two comics were rejected from grading (and I know why, and I'm not complaining); that didn't seem to slow it down any for me. Still going to easily hit the 10-day TAT.
Post 70 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I sent in 10 comics by USPS Priority Mail on Friday. The expected delivery date was Monday, but the package wasn't delivered/received until today. I should get the CBCS email tomorrow. I will let everyone know how (quickly) this goes.

Looks like comics submitted under this Promo go pretty much from received right to Grading. As of a few minutes ago, my Invoice had been updated to Labels.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector zooks808 private msg quote post Address this user
So just an update, My books (23 of em) were received 3 days ago and I just got an email today saying the grading was completed and it is being prepped for shipping. Soooo technically from when they received from USPS to it going to be shipped out was approximately 5 days for me.
Post 72 IP   flag post
My dashboard populated with the books and grades. 8 x 9.8s, 2 x 9.6s, and 2 x rejected due to graphic covers. Not too bad. They credited me the cost of grading for the two that were rejected for future use.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
My 42 books entered Grading status today which were mailed on 5/16, delivered 5/21 and charged 5/23. If I'm lucky maybe they will ship out this week
Post 74 IP   flag post
My 10 comics that were received last Tuesday (mailed the previous Friday, the last day of the special) shipped today.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Guess the 10 days TAT offer basically jumped the queue as TAT for all other orders has slipped from 5 weeks to 6 weeks during past week.

CBCS should really only make such offers if spare capacity and not at the expense of other orders
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Guess the 10 days TAT offer basically jumped the queue as TAT for all other orders has slipped from 5 weeks to 6 weeks during past week.

CBCS should really only make such offers if spare capacity and not at the expense of other orders

100% agree
Post 77 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_hendon

BOOM! Here's the problem. I get that people (including me) are getting better turn around at this time but i have read many instances of old entries (from last year) just reaching the end of their long journey. I am not talking about hearsay, i read on another thread where the person complained about their books not showing movement for month and all CBCS was willing to do was to let them know that their book was about to go to shipping and would leave soon. What? no apology, no here is the reason, not even I will move your book to the front of the line. I get that CBCs thinks this is good customer service, but it isn't. this is so easy to fix, please don't tell em it isn't because it is, all you have to do is put yourself in the customer's shoes and feel how they feel then see what can and needs to be done. I have been in customer service for most of my 35 plus years of employment and know what I am talking about. I don't want to downplay the strides that CBCS has made to change the TATs but what about the Forgotten few? Please CBCS be more considerate of your customers and stop taking them for granted.
Post 78 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
TAT was5 weeks 2 days ago now it’s 6 weeks. Lol let’s see where it is by the weekend
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
TAT was 5 weeks 2 days ago now it’s 6 weeks. Lol let’s see where it is by the weekend
Makes sense, con season is blowing up and the 10 day TAT promotion I'm sure pushed things back. CGC is regularly 12 weeks (they have just verified receipt of on submission at a con over a week ago). I expect mid-summer it'll be 10-15 just due to volume.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601260 102 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?