Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS 10 day turnaround promo9001

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this email as well. Would love to take advantage of this. Trying to decide if I can get this approved at the spousal unit level, though...
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My question is, received by or postmarked by.
Although I would assume postmarked, I have been burned by many a "good" deals

Nevermind. I need to learn how to read....
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
i think im down but i want to re-up my membership. Is the guarantee, guaranteed?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Great timing. Was already planning on sending in a submission next week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
DELETED
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmmm, what about drop-off at Clearwater? This could save me some time for stuff I was bringing to megacon, but not sure it's worth it if I have to mail it... I've got 3 books if I could get back in 10 days that I could turn-around pretty quick for some cash...decisions decisions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@infinityG

Submit so they receive on last day of promo and tempt fate?
Let us know what happens....

=)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jason_hendon private msg quote post Address this user
Have 12 books ready so this email was perfect timing. Might send a few more due to the quick turnaround 🤔
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Hmmmmm, what about drop-off at Clearwater? This could save me some time for stuff I was bringing to megacon, but not sure it's worth it if I have to mail it... I've got 3 books if I could get back in 10 days that I could turn-around pretty quick for some cash...decisions decisions.

No con drop off allowed for this promo. Mail to or drop off in Dallas only.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I caught the con drop-off; was just hoping for the Clearwater drops. Makes sense. Clearwater may only mail 2 times a week.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Bronte i have like 30+ books in the home queue too... I would be disappointed to spend all that money for no guarantee.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@infinityG

My apologies. My comment was made in jest. I didnt mean for it to be taken seriously.

In my opinion, this is a best effort business model. With the huge influx from promo and books in backlog like @Masochism. I would not gamble unless you can afford to or have to.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Yeah, I caught the con drop-off; was just hoping for the Clearwater drops. Makes sense. Clearwater may only mail 2 times a week.

My bad - I was thinking you meant Clearwater con, but you meant OG location. Derp.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So what happens if they miss the TAT deadline? Doesnt say anywhere. Store credits?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
i wouldn't trust any "guaranteed" 10 day turn around, especially on 10+ books submission. i just got back a superman 100 with "file copy" stamped all over it, and on page 1, with a signature by the receiver and NO mention in the grader's notes or on the label. i can't tell if it's a fake or not and they didn't mention it. they also say "piece out lower left corner of cover" but it's through the entire book and they still gave the book a 2.0. i think they're rushing things TOO MUCH, right now.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
i wouldn't trust any "guaranteed" 10 day turn around, especially on 10+ books submission. i just got back a superman 100 with "file copy" stamped all over it, and on page 1, with a signature by the receiver and NO mention in the grader's notes or on the label. i can't tell if it's a fake or not and they didn't mention it. they also say "piece out lower left corner of cover" but it's through the entire book and they still gave the book a 2.0. i think they're rushing things TOO MUCH, right now.

Pics? Invoice number?

Not saying you are wrong, just saying such a claim needs more than anecdotal evidence.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Sooooooooo, if you have books there already they're gonna push these new books ahead of yours to meet this 10 day turnaround promo smh
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
So what happens if they miss the TAT deadline? Doesnt say anywhere. Store credits?

This is the real debate. There is no guarantee without collateral. What are they putting their word, which they On numerous occasions have not followed through with as of late, up against? Money back? Credit towards future admissions? A new car? Maybe they’ll buy us a beer to cry in when it all goes south.

And the other concern is valid too.....if they truly aren’t meeting TATs now, what are they giving up or putting the staff through to achieve a goal they haven’t in years? Will quality suffer?

It could be they’ve lost a lot of customers and their projecting a huge lull come the peak of convention season and this is a way to keep the work coming in consistently.

Who knows? I’m opting out, but good luck to those opting in and to the cbcs staff to honor this promise. I will be paying close attention to how it all turns out a few months from now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpoolica
Sooooooooo, if you have books there already they're gonna push these new books ahead of yours to meet this 10 day turnaround promo smh

I think that may be the first sacrifice. If you were going to send books cbcs anyway, do it now
Because I’d assume everything coming in before and after this promo will likely be put on hold.
Post 20 IP   flag post
you want pics? here are pics. also, the notes state "cover detached top staple" but when i sent the book in, the cover was completely detached. makes me wonder if i got the wrong notes & grade.
and there's no picture of page 1, not even before i sent the book in, which was something i should have done. the "received" stamp is signed "Moscow" which i think might be Moscow Idaho, maybe the newspaper? but that's only if it's a true file copy, which i cannot confirm.

Post 21 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 22 IP   flag post
i can see the pictures, and they've even been copied into your reply.
Post 23 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
i can see the pictures, and they've even been copied into your reply.

Correct...that is why I deleted my comment. They were not showing (to me atleast) until I replied...then they appeared.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Judging from the pics (I can only see them in the reply as well) and the grading notes, it is possible that the signature on the page you mentioned had no impact on the grade. Also, grading notes are there explaining why the reason the grade was assigned, not necessarily all the flaws with the book. Not having anything to do with the grade would be my guess on the lack of mention. A spine split and pieces missing would make it the 2.0 without any writing or stamps. Just my two cents, though.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@cyrano0521 off topic. Would be better to make a new thread about this.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting for my two-day modern order to even show up in the system about two weeks after it was submitted at a show. I don't hold my breath for turn around times anymore.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Did this come from CBCS or a private sell? I don’t see any heat seals (at least from my phone) and the graders noted states a tiny piece missing from left corner ... the whole corner is missing! At the very least I would think that file copy would be on the label..
Post 28 IP   flag post
After reading this thread further, i'm opting out. I dont want to be the guinea pig in this lol

too many what ifs

and @Drogio you're right, where's the collateral?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Id want to try it, but I dont have 10 books that I can afford to get done ATM...
Post 30 IP   flag post
601524 102 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?