Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS GradedComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Official Walking Dead Appreciation Thread90

Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector NeganKilledMe private msg quote post Address this user
TWD #150 Retailer Incentive, My first CBCS book!

TWD #144 Convention Sketch Variant that i received in the mail today along with the Outcast #10 Sketch Variant. I plan to send both of these in to get graded this summer.

I also picked up the Image Plus magazine today, Here's Negan!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Owen_Lorder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother

Meh... White label

:foryou:
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user

Lil decorative TWD to keep the mood lite.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen_Lorder
Quote:

Meh... White label

:foryou:

lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Couple of Governor books

Post 6 IP   flag post
Couple of Abraham books

Post 7 IP   flag post
A few Negan books (bottom two will be on their way to CBCS shortly)

Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, admit it. You were not expecting this.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector doodlebird private msg quote post Address this user

Kirkman,Gurira,Riggs,Cudlitz,McDermitt,Serratos,James,Marquand
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lots of Signature Series, i only have one signed book, #112 Sketch Variant signed by Kirkman Graded 9.8 by the other company (bought from E bay)

A few of my favorite books in my collection follow. Some i wont show due to not being graded by CBCS.

#1 5th Anniversary Variants, soon to be submitted

#1 Sketch Variants from Wizard World Convention

#1 Giant Sized Artist Proof Edition Framed. I plan on doing the same with the Outcast Giant Sized Artist Proof Edition when it is released.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganKilledMe

A few of my favorite books in my collection follow. Some i wont show due to not being graded by CBCS.

I don't believe there are limitations in this forum about showing slabs from "the other guys." You probably wouldn't be here if you weren't a fan/supporter of CBCS and I'm sure most collectors here have slabs that may not be CBCS but they like to show em off. So feel free to show away
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
I don't believe there are limitations in this forum about showing slabs from "the other guys." You probably wouldn't be here if you weren't a fan/supporter of CBCS and I'm sure most collectors here have slabs that may not be CBCS but they like to show em off. So feel free to show away

I have seen others post non CBCS Slabs, i would rather not at this time, but may very well down the line if more people keep on posting them
Post 13 IP   flag post
Steve Borok and moderator "The Watcher" stated it was okay to post pics of CGC books and labels. But they would rather no pics of any other companies were posted, showing their labels.
Post 14 IP   flag post

About to send this one in.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Steve Borok and moderator "The Watcher" stated it was okay to post pics of CGC books and labels. But they would rather no pics of any other companies were posted, showing their labels.

Couldn't have said it better myself. CBCS and CGC slabs are perfectly fine to post, but it ends with those two
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Quote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. CBCS and CGC slabs are perfectly fine to post, but it ends with those two

I'm kind of curious as to why its ok to post from one competitor but not the others? I mean, i think most of us know of the negative feelings that most people have of the other companies but I would think that by allowing CGC pics, we are kind of saying "hey, this forum is more than just a CBCS forum, this is a comic and slab/grading forum" but then not allowing other slabs seems odd. just a thought
Post 17 IP   flag post
And another follow up to my last post, where/how do you really draw the line when it comes to posting slabs from other companies? What if someone had a PGX or Halo book that they wanted to post about getting it re-slabbed with CBCS and they wanted opinions about it? or if they got a book graded at one of those guys and they thought the grade was far off and wanted to get opinions here? Seems like those kinds of posts should be OK and should even be encouraged but how do you allow that but then say that posts showing off your Uncanny X-men #1 PGX is not allowed? (Mainly just playing devils advocate here, I only own CBCS and CGC slabs myself)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm kind of curious as to why its ok to post from one competitor but not the others? I mean, i think most of us know of the negative feelings that most people have of the other companies but I would think that by allowing CGC pics, we are kind of saying "hey, this forum is more than just a CBCS forum, this is a comic and slab/grading forum" but then not allowing other slabs seems odd. just a thought

Because PGX has a dubious history (and that's being kind) in this hobby. And as Steve B explained, he doesn't want anyone to think that the forum is legitimizing PGX by allowing their books to be posted here
Post 19 IP   flag post
@RyanHicks
Post 20 IP   flag post
@The_Watcher
Post 21 IP   flag post
LOL
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because PGX has a dubious history (and that's being kind) in this hobby. And as Steve B explained, he doesn't want anyone to think that the forum is legitimizing PGX by allowing their books to be posted here

I can appreciate that. What about Halo or Vault; whom are new and not big players but don't really have the "dubious history" that PGX does? (again, just playing devils advocate so the answers are out there )

and @lago19....I would never wear my hair like that
Post 23 IP   flag post
Until I'm told otherwise, it's just CBCS or CGC
Post 24 IP   flag post
I owe some people apologies. On the CGC forum a couple of years ago. I stated that I just ain't into zombies and would not watch a single episode of The Walking Dead because of that. That it seemed silly to have things walking really really slow, able to catch and kill regular people.

Fast forward to recently.

One of my sons bught me all of the series DVD's as a present. My wife and I watched them and within two episodes we fell in love with the series. We would watch them until we just had to go to sleep, and then we would start all over agin the next evening.

We couldn't wait. The series was much more than just zombies chasing people. It was the interactions with the people who were not "walkers". The different agendas each had. The backstabbing and sacrifices that ensued each week.

We are hooked. We can't wait for the next episode each week. Now that it has ended for the year, we were sad.

But then Fear The Walking Dead was there and we tried to get into it also. However, it just doesn't have the characters that you care for. Characters that bring you into caring about them (like when Glenn apparently died, etc.).

Fear the Walking Dead is kind of boring.

I will say that we sometimes yell at the TV screen when people in either show, just do stupid things. And are teenagers really as contrary and stupid as they are in these shows? I don't think so. But maybe........

I should do another posting about an apology just about exactly like this concerning Game of Thrones. I thought it was about board games like Dungeons and Dragons (which I have no interest in any games like that. But Game of Thrones is awesome. My wife yells when a character she likes gets killed off. I have never seen so many characters we really like, die, as they do in Game of Thrones.

Makes me wonder if I should read some of those comic book stories y'all have said were top notch and I poo-pood, just because they sounded lame.

So, again, apologies to the masses that attempted to turn me on to those two shows. I really like them both. As a matter of fact. Next week is my birthday and I happen to know that one of my sons is giving me the latest season DVD's of both. We have already seen all of TWD series, but are one season behind for Game of Thrones, because we don't get HBO.

So, no spoilers. If the "little guy" or John Snow dies. My wife is going to probably throw a shoe at the TV screen. You should have seen her cry when Glenn in TWD apparently got eaten alive. She cried. I laughed at her crying. I told her it was only a TV show and the actor wasn't really dead. She of course knew that. But she still cried.

So, is there another show that I am not watching, that I should? Something up to par with these two?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Sending for @TrinityComics Signature Opportunity. Once I get all the signatures I want, I'll have them slabbed.

Is it a long shot to obtain an Andrew Lincoln signature? I've never seen his signature on any TWD book (or at least in any of my search results).

Crossing my fingers that Jeffrey Dean Morgan will attend Comic Conventions in the near future.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I love the 2nd print version of issue 100. I don't think i have seen an Andrew Lincoln signature on a book but i am sure at least one exists. I would love to get Jeffery Dean Morgans signature. I think it would be pretty sweet to get the entire cast signature on a blank variant issue, #150 blank would be perfect as their is lots of space.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector ccmp99 private msg quote post Address this user
I had two 9.8 #1 's a while back. White label and black label. Sold the white one and kept the black one. Now I'm looking at selling everything after #50. WD is still one of the only new books I read regularly.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Anyone have any idea how many Walking Dead #1's (First Print)are graded a 9.9 by CBCS?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ccmp99 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone have any idea how many Walking Dead #1's (First Print)are graded a 9.9 by CBCS?

I was wondering about a census as well. It would be helpful.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597994 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?