Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,
I received a $26 offer on a book on eBay from a buyer with 0 history. His name is Itb-35 and it shows that he's out of NY. Does this sound like a scammer? Am I just being paranoid? If I accept and he pays, can I still get scammed?
clickable text

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Your being too paranoid. Who cares where he is from. If you use PayPal, you have protection. If you send USPS they have insurance up to $50. Even eBay sometimes helps the sellers. And its $26 bucks.

Everyone jas to start somewhere, and maybe he is actually a new buyer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Last week I made my first eBay purchase with 0 history. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
We all started at zero. I had one earlier this year.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn’t worry about this. Agree with the other responses.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I dont sell to 0 feedback buyers. Also, check feedback they left for other people and see if they leave a lot of negatives.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A zero feedback buyer with a brand new account is a little different than the zero feedback buyer with a 5 year old account. That would make me a little more suspicious I guess.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes ebay tests people to see if they are selling outside the service, or as they call it fee avoidance. Being caught doing so is a violation and can cause issues depending so that's another thing to at least watch
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a message the other day about buying certain items I had outside of eBay. I told them no because I did it once and got hit with a sold item fee. Two days later I came back and that user was no longer in existence. I'm sure I was someone from eBay testing me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600893 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?