Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Modern AgeFor SaleMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Symbiote Spider-man #1 - Crain - Best Cover8987

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just got mine!

Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. I'm kinda bummed about the number not being on the label. My thoughts are that it would signify it's a limited qty somehow making it seem more valuable.

However, my primary reason for purchasing this was for the art. No regrets on that front. It really does look nice, but I now know what is meant by newton rings. Granted mine are very minor.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Yeah. I'm kinda bummed about the number not being on the label. My thoughts are that it would signify it's a limited qty somehow making it seem more valuable.

However, my primary reason for purchasing this was for the art. No regrets on that front. It really does look nice, but I now know what is meant by newton rings. Granted mine are very minor.

It's not included on the label because CGC will only include things they can verify themselves. They have no idea how many copies were produced; Scorpion Comics is making that claim. The CAN verify the signature, and so that appears on the label. Also, the edition, writer, artist, etc.

In fact, Scorpion are the ones who included the card with the edition size and the number, I'm guessing. CGC would not have put that card in there with the slab, even just in the bag. So I assume Scorpion handled the process of sending to CGC, and then mailing out to customers once they came back.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. that makes sense.

And yes. The book came from the address code for Scorpion comics.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
@ganasouth yeah since when does Mysterio have a skull in the fishbowl?
SS beats CGR!
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Stantheman I asked myself the same question. I thought... "A skull head?"
Then I found pics on the web showing he's now got a skull head... evidently there is a story I'm missing.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh I need to wait until Saturday to pick up mine!
Post 32 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I like Mysterio with the floating skull. He is the Master of Illusion. I'm surprised no one thought of it sooner. It does remind me of the Scooby Doo episode, though. I would bet it served as inspiration.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
haha Mine is number 506, owned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just got mine!

Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88

Quote:
Just got mine!

So. If I understand this right, yours is smaller?

=)
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88

Quote:
Just got mine!

So. If I understand this right, yours is smaller?

=)

Haha
Post 36 IP   flag post
597972 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?