Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

New Mutants movie moved again!8984

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Disney has officially moved the 20th Century Fox produced New Mutants from August 7 2019 to April 3, 2020

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
This will never see the light of day and it’s shame. It looked awesome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Progress! Stay on track, Marvel
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Maisie Williams said that reshoots never happened, so I don't see how they'd have ever hit the August date. I think moving the date probably means it's more likely to actually get released at some point.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Here's to hoping
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm of the "I bet it just gets dumped on Hulu...or Disney plus" camp. The fox mutant universe is dead. Nothing that they have left to come out will have any bearing moving forward so they may as well just dump it somewhere. Everything is going to be recast, so I'm sure Disney just doesn't care...especially considering Disney just made over 2 billion in 10 days on Avengers. I'm sure they just look at it like they can take the "L" and move on. They just don't want to admit they have a turd of a superhero movie waiting to be released.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
They just don't want to admit they have a turd of a superhero movie waiting to be released.

I would completely agree....This to me appears as.

Fox - "We can't release this potential piece of crap during the Disney Sale!!! We'll push it until after the sale closes!!!!"

Disney - "What did we buy?!...Let's dump it back until we figure this thing out!"

I think they'll promote the hell out of it in the new year for Disney+ as an exclusive after the launch. Kinda the same way that Netflix dropped Cloverfield Paradox as an exclusive.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601338 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?