Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Have any of you ever did business with seller "cyberspacecomics" ?8979

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Seller: cyberspacecomics
Selling Format: eBay

I just sent the seller an email asking if he accidentally sent me the wrong comic (since they are a comic book shop) because I explained that the comic I received is not the same comic that was listed in the auction.

I just bought Captain America #6 Variant (first Winter Soldier) and I honestly feel I got screwed with the old bait & switch.

First, I will show you all three pics that was listed as the comic being sold, then I will show you pics of what I recieved.

Tell me what you all think.

eBay Pic #1

eBay Pic #2

eBay Pic #3

Now here are pics of the comic I received.

Top Left Corner and Spine.

Spine Damage

Bottom Left Corner with Dirt

Top Right Corner with Long Indent & Dirt

Bottom Right Corner

Full Cover

I'm currently waiting for his e-mail response.
I will update accordingly.
Tell me what you guys think.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
I honestly feel I got screwed with the old bait

I agree with you. Looks like a different book from the pictures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@OGJackster thanks for the input. I appreciate you taking the time to look.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I've bought from them through Atomic Avenue and eBay. First time was fine, wasn't impressed afterwards. They may use stock images on some stuff then hope people don't notice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley thanks for your input & looking. Yep, I believe your correct in that they hope people don't notice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I even paid extra for them to ship it out in a box....
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely not the same book in my opinion which your pictures clearly show. Good luck with getting a refund or replacement
Post 7 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan thanks for your input.
Yeah, I still haven't gotten a reply from my e-mail to the seller as of yet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
This is 100% a different book from the photo. 100. Percent.

Did this seller list it as multiples to buy or were you supposed to receive the one in the photo? Maybe the photo was just a place holder, but if the seller wasn't clear about that then that's kind of a dick move.

Let us know what he says.
Do you have the link?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth couple of things, first of all they are in cyberspace

The seller has more than 100000 items so they are probably using stock photos (he actually relisted / sold copies after yours).

The item was sold as VF - think that is what you got

Read the fine print in the listing

Do I think the listing is deceitful - yes
Do I think you got what you paid for - yes

Seller should clearly state they are using stock photos
Post 10 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man thanks for your input.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@poka thanks for the input. But this is no way to do business.
He says:

Cause he knows he's full of shit.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The way he states that he uses a high and low rating to satisfy picky graders as well as lenient grades is bs.

Especially when he puts pics up in the auction for us to judge on our own thinking that he put VF to "satisfy" the more picky graders when I was thinking he was downgrading on purpose; and it was actually a nm book.

Then I recieve a totally different book.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth agree that he should state clearly stock pictures are used
Post 14 IP   flag post
Well guys. This should be a warning. Watch out for cyberspacecomics.

I initiated my return without his response.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Use it as a learning experience. I bought from them in 2013 and 2014 to fill gaps in my Punisher and IDW Transformers runs when I got back into collecting. Eventually, I felt burned and then I found sellers and stores I could trust.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
More and more I cross my fingers everytime I buy books on eBay. I recently received an asm 362 nm in a bag and board in a plain paper envelope.
Good luck @GanaSoth !
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector PeteN private msg quote post Address this user
Not defending the stock photos...but as Poka mentioned...the listing indicates VF. Any expectations beyond that are risky to me when buying raw books.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Yoosh5492 thanks!
Yeah I know what yer say'in... These people collect, but have no clue how to package/ship properly....
Post 19 IP   flag post
@PeteN I know what ya saying, but he uses his auction description to make it seem like he downgrades his grading to satisfy the more strict graders; like myself. Then post "stock pics" but don't tell the buyers they are stock and not the actual comic being sold. It's a play on words & he thinks he's slick.

Like I said before:
Quote:
The way he states that he uses a high and low rating to satisfy picky graders as well as lenient grades is bs.

Especially when he puts pics up in the auction for us to judge on our own thinking that he put VF to "satisfy" the more picky graders when I was thinking he was downgrading on purpose; and it was actually a nm book.

Then I recieve a totally different book.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth Quote:
he thinks he's slick.

Well, he's not that slick if you are returning the item.
He paid for shipping twice, and you can leave him negative feedback.

That's a lot of risk for a slick seller.

I think its more ease of access, a seller with thousands of books to sell doesn't really have the time to manually adjust each one if they hope to make a profit. It's probably less the sellers fault as it is that listing things online requires so many steps of clarity that its just a testament to how technology still works for us, not us for it. Sci-Fi movie tech and AI is a long ways away when we still can't use it to sell old pieces of stapled paper without a hassle.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man well, he thinks he's slick, I'm just slicker.

Seriously though, I don't know if I'll leave him negative feedback. Maybe a neutral? I'm really not vindictive, but I would have been if he fought me over my refund.

What would you guys do? Negative, Neutral, or leave it be?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
@comic_book_man well, he thinks he's slick, I'm just slicker.

hehehe Fact.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like the real problem is the undisclosed stock photos. Otherwise his grade matched or what exceeded what you ordered.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth I wouldn't leave him negative feedback. He offers free returns with instant approval?
Just remember this moment, and be careful going forward.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man Yeah. Negative is a bit too harsh. Maybe I'll give him a positive but I'll state "issued refund, stock photos used, misleading" or something to that effect.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy on ebay unless it says "you will receive the item pictured" explicitly. I have to agree, if it said the condition was VF-, that's actually what you got. But, there was nothing "wrong" with the way they listed it and described it. Ebay should have a policy about this whereby sellers must in large type, first thing state use of a stock photo.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@etapi65 there is something wrong with the way they listed it. It's misleading completely.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@etapi65 That's like me telling people that I'm selling a VF condition comic, but then in the description tell people that I'm very strict in my grading. Then I would show pictures of a NM comic and not the actual comic.

That leads people to believe since I stated I grade very strict; on a high to low scale, then that would make people assume I deliberately downgrade so people will not complaine. Then using stock pics.

The guy responded to my eBay email, telling me that the comic I received is the same comic in the eBay auction....
Liar.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@etapi65 That's like me telling people that I'm selling a VF condition comic, but then in the description tell people that I'm very strict in my grading. Then I would show pictures of a NM comic and not the actual comic.

That leads people to believe since I stated I grade very strict; on a high to low scale, then that would make people assume I deliberately downgrade so people will not complaine. Then using stock pics.

The guy responded to my eBay email, telling me that the comic I received is the same comic in the eBay auction....
Liar.
Yeah, I'm not saying what they did was "good", they just didn't break any ebay policies. Which goes to my comment about ebay needing to do a better job with regulations about this issue and then we don't have to deal with this as buyers. I do believe it's a different comic, but only because of the bottom right corner, which is very clearly sharper in their posted pic. Otherwise, unless zoomed in, the posted image looks very similar to your unzoomed (whole comic) picture. They're pic is actually blurry around the outside of the white cover (likely on purpose) so you can't see the ding in the top left corner. Even in your, full-book shot you can't make-out the spine damage on the white cover very easily. So, they're a dirtbag, they're shady, but they didn't break any ebay policies and the grade they assigned was, imo accurate. With this warning I would avoid buying anything from them.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601294 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?