Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Finch WW#38, CBCS 9.4 $275, Anyone?897

Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Any takers? It'll be heading to eBay so you guys have pity!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Question any pictures you can send show us to see you have?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Absolute_Zero, I thought they posted. I'll redo it!

Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That booty...erm that book can even make a FrankenRivet look good.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Um, ER, ah, for a comic book booty, it's hot!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thats a nice book sir. If want not due i would bought this from you
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Absolute_Zero, Thanks for the complement, it's appreciated!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yeah I have rent to pay and pay a bill or two. But would been all over this like a fat kid all ovwr a jelly donut lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Absolute_Zero lol, been awhile since I've heard that one.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, Maybe Doc Brown will show up and grab it!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lol yeah i know but hey we have to pay where we stay right. Besides had to pay for some books that got signed at SDCC and sent back with CBCS to get graded. Man need to go kill a animal and sell its liver for this books. Joking joking no animal was harmed on this comment.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Doc is still waiting for a box of 1000 of them to be dug out from warehouse 13.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, I heard he's camped out in the hills above Area 51 watching with a telescope waiting for DC to release their secret stash of that 1000....
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector MegaMatt private msg quote post Address this user
I would be interested.... Can I ask what the grader notes are? Thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@MegaMatt PM SAF for the serial number and you will be able to look up the notes on the website.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector MegaMatt private msg quote post Address this user
Found it! As a first timer to cbcs (first order is "processing" ) I'm so used to having to beg for notes from CGC. This was pretty easy to look up!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Yeah I have rent to pay and pay a bill or two. But would been all over this like a fat kid all ovwr a jelly donut lol

C'mon, man- It's 2016.
It's "gravitationally challenged" now.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@DarthLego, I heard he's camped out in the hills above Area 51 watching with a telescope waiting for DC to release their secret stash of that 1000....

You guys joking around, or do you still not understand what Doc was saying?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
If its still around in two weeks, ill take it off your hands. Got to wait till pay day comes around again.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS we're joking around man.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd be interested in seeing a box of 1,000 comics. That would have to be, what, a triple wall corrugated box with a burst test of 900 lbs, and measurements of 4 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet?

That's an impressive box.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:

I'd be interested in seeing a box of 1,000 comics. That would have to be, what, a triple wall corrugated box with a burst test of 900 lbs, and measurements of 4 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet?

That's an impressive box.

Free pressing!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS we're joking around man.

Joking...? Or mocking...?

hm
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:

Amelia and I are hanging out with Jimmy, enjoying a nice bottle of gewurtraminer, waiting for Indiana to show up with the amulet...
Post 24 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS,Were joking Sig. I completely get what he was saying and in digging deeper, he's correct in a lot of things, AND way wrong on others. But, as always, I respect others positions.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS,Were joking Sig. I completely get what he was saying and in digging deeper, he's correct in a lot of things, AND way wrong on others. But, as always, I respect others positions.

What things am I "way wrong" about?

Are you willing to say? This is not a challenge, this is a reasonable request. If you can correct me, do so, and we can all learn.

PS. You respect others positions...? Even if they're wrong...? If someone believed that (insert horrific thing to believe here), would that be worthy of respect...?

Why, or why not...?
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DocBrown,Yes Doc, I certainly do respect others positions. Whether I agree with them or not. Why is that a difficult trait to accept? As a supervisor with the gov't, on a daily basis I have meetings with other dept. heads where disagreements occur all the time. In the end, consensus wins. That's how the best decisions are generally arrived at. And because people's lives depend on our decisions, disagreements are set aside. What you find incredulous to believe is a term with which you must be unaware of. It's called, "agreeing to disagree". And it can be accomplished with cordiality, decency, kindness and most importantly, respect.
As far as proof goes, every day on here, people make statements about other forum members being wrong, people say some other member doesn't know what he is talking about, they'll make statements to the effect that another member is either ill informed or miss informed. Individuals make clothes and didn't statements as if it is fact when it may or may not be. There is a person on here Who provided The proof of what we are talking about. He monitors the different threads in this forum. If he wishes to get involved and provide that same information to you or anybody else, that will be his choice. For now, unless he wishes to get involved That's the best I can do.
In the end, people believe what they wish to believe for their own reasons.
For myself, I could care less if people think I am wrong about something and if they wish to expend The time, effort, research and energy to prove me wrong, then I believe that it is only right that I give them the respect they deserve.
Being proven right in so far as the discussion concerning comic books go, it would seem to be extraordinarily important to you for whatever reasons. For me, there are a whole host of other things that I find much more important.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I guess some people here will just have to decide for themselves if they want to listen to someone who freely shares proof, info, and sources or someone on the sidelines who for whatever reason won't. But unless the evidence he has that proves Doc wrong isn't shared, the claim really doesn't hold water. And I say that with all due respect.
So, to your acquaintance, if you can show that Doc is wrong, please show how. Many of us want the plain truth when it can be had. That's why we point out misinformation. We don't want MORE people misinformed.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS,You know the respect that I have for you Sig. But it wouldn't be right for me to drag this person in without his permission. In retrospect, I should've kept my big fat mouth closed!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Are you guys talking about that CGC Census graphic I posted where less than 200 were graded in the other thread?

Doc said this,

"The point isn't that "oh, no, it's definitely NOT 400!"...it very well COULD be...the point is, no one but the publishers and printers know, and they're not telling. So, ANY speculation is just that: speculation."

Point taken. Doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for the book. No wish on my end to argue/debate number semantics.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 92 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.