Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Obscure Movie Recommendation Thread8941

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by garreth39
I loved this movie...keeps you guessing.

I just saw today, Netflix has a remake of this. Not sure if it is a movie or a TV show, but I assume the latter. Might be interesting.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I guess it does rank #15 for Gross earning for 1982. I thought it flopped worse than that. But when you look at the list, pretty much everyone still knows the top 7 or 8. From there, you either grew up in that era or you are a real movie nut to know some of these. Biggest surprise on this list to me is "Author! Author!" at number sixty!!!

List of 1982 gross earnings - domestic

Wow ... I saw most of those in the theater. I sure did love going to movies when I was 11. And apparently, managed to see a lot of R-rated ones somehow.

Ha! Remember Young Doctors in Love? That was a fun movie. And Night Shift! I was so disappointed that The Fonz wasn't cool in that one. It kind of ruined it for me.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I considered Blade Runner to be a flop despite it being my favorite movie that year. It got bad reviews from everyone I knew and everything I read. It ranked #27. Young Doctors in love ranked higher. Sheesh.
Post 78 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

@X51 Sadly, sadly, sadly so relevant to life in the 2010s. Very funny, though.
Post 79 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
A timeless classic:

Saw this in the theatre...loved it....every time Roddy Piper appeared on the screen someone in the audience would yell out "PIPER!!"...that got annoying real quick.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I also own a copy of this classic. I love Rod. I grew up watching him wrestle, and John Carpenter's movies are the best!
Post 81 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Always a pleasure watching Roddy Piper on wrestling...sharp as a tack and witty as hell. Hilarious and a hell raiser! they broke the mold after making him.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

@X51 Sadly, sadly, sadly so relevant to life in the 2010s. Very funny, though.

I agree.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
The Mask of Fu Manchu (1932)

One of my favorite older movies, creepy with lots of bondage and torture!!

Post 84 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
The Man from Earth (2007)

Post 85 IP   flag post
976-Evil (1988)

Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
obscure? fair enough....

Oh man. I used to watch this all the time on HBO when I was younger
Post 87 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Good call on the Super Fuzz that's a good one
Post 88 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 89 IP   flag post

Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Very early Sam Raimi, Coen Brothers and very quotable classic Bruce Campbell. This has it all!

Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
Very early Sam Raimi, Coen Brothers and very quotable classic Bruce Campbell. This has it all!

... and Mary Hartman is in it. That REALLY DOES have it all! 😊
Post 92 IP   flag post
Hardware (1990)

Post 93 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I had been trying to remember the name of this movie for the last couple days. Today, when I wasn't even thinking about it, the name popped into my head!!! I used to have a dvd of this movie, but I borrowed it out to a friend, who borrowed it to a friend, etc..... It's been about 10 years now and two moves. It might be time to buy another copy. I think mine is lost. LOL But this is a good movie with a great message. It is one that can lead to some great discussions.

Post 94 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Yeah. I also own a copy of "Equilibrium." Great movie! It's a very emotional movie for one where emotions are banned.
Post 95 IP   flag post
@brysb I own a copy of "Hardware." Another great movie. It's kinda creepy but with the way AI is headed, it could be practical.
Post 96 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Early Angelina Jolie film.

Classic technology references including super speed modems.

Hack the Gibson!!
Post 97 IP   flag post
I need to find Super Fuzz!!
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garreth39
I loved this movie...keeps you guessing.

GOOD CHOICE...I have always loved this movie. I think I even shed a tear.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this would be considered obscure but I don't know many people that have seen it. I might watch it today with a margarita

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
I'm not sure if this would be considered obscure but I don't know many people that have seen it. I might watch it today with a margarita

There were some funny moments in that.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
600646 160 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?