Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
If so, it would be AWESOME to have it resolved before it's labeled
I promised Jake I wouldn't start a thread LOL
Post 201 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think you'll see a note in the system about it until after it ships.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - Sorry to bother the busiest guy at CBCS, but I received a notice this morning saying my latest order is ready to ship. I am going on vacation this Saturday, so if it didn’t ship today or by early tomorrow, it will probably arrive on Saturday when no one will be around to sign for it. Then FedEx will try once or twice more to get a signature, give up, and probably ship it back to Texas as undeliverable! Can I request that they hold off shipping until the end of next week if it hasn’t shipped? (Yes, asking for longer TATs!)
Thanks,
Ed
Post 203 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
If you received a note saying it is ready to ship, it probably already shipped today and they'll enter the tracking number tomorrow morning. Once you get the tracking number, you can have FedEx hold the package at their office for you to pick up. I think you can also have it held at places like Walgreens or CVS. You'll have to look around for other places that will hold the packages for you.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - Thank you, Steve.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I don't think you'll see a note in the system about it until after it ships.

Odd timing, but fair enough.
Has it ever been discussed if it would be a good idea for ASP orders, or any order not submitted for a blue label, to send a notice of some kind to the customer so they can verify their satisfaction with the services (meaning the Clean/Press/Authentication- not the grades or [necessarily] the notes, of course). I'm sure several additional measures would be required to make something like this work, and waiting for slow responses would likely create issues, but shipping something prior to offering complete 'Services Provided' information for it seems like a recipe for the occasional mishap we often read about that always seems to end with the need to ship the books again. No one likes that.

I have no idea how many authenticated noteworthy File Copies you folks see, but I smile at the idea of that special 'In Box' for out-of-the-ordinary submissions.

Also, I just remembered Jake didn't write on the form that one of the books is a double cover, saying "they're sure to find it." That's fine with me because, since the inner cover factors largely into the grade, I agree- but in case there's a next time should double covers generally be specified on the form?
Post 206 IP   flag post
@Siggy - Scott, I know you can specify double cover on the online form/invoice. And the grades for both covers are noted on the label, witn the comic receiving the highest one.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Siggy - Scott, I know you can specify double cover on the online form/invoice. And the grades for both covers are noted on the label, witn the comic receiving the highest one.

You don't mean I can edit the existing one, do you?

I'm just wondering if it should be entered, or if it doesn't matter like Jake said. He filled out the form by hand behind the counter, and all info plus everything needed to establish the books once belonged to Mike Royer is there, but no mention of the double cover.
I'm not necessarily concerned, I was just unsure of what info pertaining to any special provenance or oddities (doubcov's, extra pages, etc) should be seen on my dashboard. I would have expected all info on the form to be on the dashboard, assuring the customer of an accurate transfer of information.

First Sub questions If I knew I'd be doing this before going to the show, I'd have asked all the "what should I put on the form" questions here. But he didn't hesitate in filling out the form, and I wasn't going to stop him lol
Post 208 IP   flag post
@Siggy - Don’t sweat it, Scott. The graders will note and grade both covers whether or not it is noted on the handwritten form.
Post 209 IP   flag post
I figure as much No sweat, just curiosity for possible future reference.
Post 210 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I just received the most exciting news ever (my wife would dispute that, since I love her and my 3 children more than life itself) for a comic book collector. I dropped off 6 books for grading & 1 for re-holder at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday the 20th, CBCS sent me an email that they had received them at HQ on Thursday the 25th and I just received an email that they are shipping out today. That means, from the time they received the books in Texas to grading, labels and shipping it is a total of 1 week exactly. Woo Hoo!!! Now fingers crossed for grades.
Post 211 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Did you fast pass them? I also submitted some books at SDCC, including a reholder, actually. Mine are in grading/labels
Post 212 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
No, nothing, just dropped them off and voila! they went from grading to labeling yesterday and shipping to shipped today and I got a fedex number. neato.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Yikes, that's fast and great. Something tells me the 1000+ books I dropped off at SDCC won't be popping up in the shipping queue anytime soon. No worries though, if I start receiving back in September, I will be very happy. So far, my previous two completed submissions were received back within stated TAT at the time
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@sportshort Yikes, that's fast and great. Something tells me the 1000+ books I dropped off at SDCC won't be popping up in the shipping queue anytime soon. No worries though, if I start receiving back in September, I will be very happy. So far, my previous two completed submissions were received back within stated TAT at the time

If you used the 6 week tat code word it should guarantee your 1000 comics back in 6 weeks. Did you use it?
Post 215 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort 6 weeks from check in and yes.
Post 216 IP   flag post
@Scifinator honestly, if I submitted that many books with the promo code then I would cross my fingers in the hopes that it takes them 7 weeks cuz then the grading is free lol
Post 217 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Scifinator honestly, if I submitted that many books with the promo code then I would cross my fingers in the hopes that it takes them 7 weeks cuz then the grading is free lol

Good one
Post 218 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I know, but, I want good Karma and good grading in a timely fashion. So far I have been very pleased with CBCS services - Pressing, Sig Veri, TAT, and grading seems to be spot on. I even got a couple of 9.9's back in the first few doz I sent in. Hoping for some 10's now.
Post 219 IP   flag post
@Scifinator 1000+ Moderns, or was it a mix?
Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector TheMadTitan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm officially impressed!! I dropped off 45 books @CBCS on July 8th (no extras i.e., signatures, pressing,...) and received an email today stating ready for pick-up. Last year's submission took 20 weeks and this submission took a total of 3 weeks 2 days!!!! I'm fortunate to work 15 minutes away from CBCS and plan on dropping off another stack when I pick-up my books.

Thank you for fixing your turn times.
Post 221 IP   flag post
@Siggy almost entirely Bronze & Copper. I had been collecting since '76. Should have done this years ago.
Post 222 IP   flag post
When your books have been in grading for two days but it feels like forever:

Post 223 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

I'm just glad my 7 books didn't end up in the queue behind yours or it would have been way longer than 1 week turnaround.

please keep us posted as your books progress through the process so that we can know how quickly 1000 books move.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Received my 10 book order back today that I submitted under the FIREWORKS2019 promotion. It took exactly 5 weeks from the day they left my house to the day they returned. I am very impressed with the new CBCS TATs.
Post 225 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo with your post, you convinced me to submit another batch of books. Current TATS are awesome!! Thank you!

ps. I'd love to see your books!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector RobtLSnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I sent off my first batch of 5 moderns last month. CBCS received them on the 9th and I got an email saying they were being shipped on the 24th. That's 15 days to get graded. Including shipping it took 23 days. Already sent in another batch. This time 5 Silver Age. I hoping this batch goes quickly as well.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Wallstreet private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very pleased with CBCS's turn around time from my experience. I made back to back to back etc submissions starting on 7/8 (Invoice on my computer so CBCS didn't have them until 2 - 3 business days later. It's Sunday 8/4 and all of my books except two (pressing)are in the mail or arrived Friday 8/2. That beats the 5 week current expectation solidly.

What I'm not pleased with is the grades I got on a fair amount of books. I'm green and this proves it... After reviewing the notes and more closely inspecting those books, within the protective casing... I learned a very good lesson about what to submit, what to submit first for Pressing and dry cleaning, and... What not to submit at all.

Nevertheless. Excellent and timely work effort on CBCS's part. I recommend.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@esaravo with your post, you convinced me to submit another batch of books. Current TATS are awesome!! Thank you!

ps. I'd love to see your books!

You are welcome! I posted them already, and these quick TATs make me want to submit more too.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallstreet
I'm very pleased with CBCS's turn around time from my experience. I made back to back to back etc submissions starting on 7/8 (Invoice on my computer so CBCS didn't have them until 2 - 3 business days later. It's Sunday 8/4 and all of my books except two (pressing)are in the mail or arrived Friday 8/2. That beats the 5 week current expectation solidly.

What I'm not pleased with is the grades I got on a fair amount of books. I'm green and this proves it... After reviewing the notes and more closely inspecting those books, within the protective casing... I learned a very good lesson about what to submit, what to submit first for Pressing and dry cleaning, and... What not to submit at all.

Nevertheless. Excellent and timely work effort on CBCS's part. I recommend.

The best advice to give someone new to the hobby who wants to submit books is to check out Overstreet's current grading guide first. It's cheaper than learning through a multi-book submission, or purchasing slabs in varying grades (though the latter is a good way to learn too- Just more expensive than a grading guide).

Posting your raw book SCANS on a forum and asking for opinions is also helpful. Unfortunately it seems fewer and fewer people are SCANNING their books rather than taking cell phone pics, which I usually don't bother trying to form an opinion for, since too many defects can be hidden.
Post 230 IP   flag post
601426 999 30