Has the shipment to Canada resumed?

I'll give you a hint

Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector jvasilatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvasilatos
Xkonk thanks for that. No sigs or pressings. Just went through 12 boxes of books stored since the mid-90's and found some keys I bagged and never opened that I think may be 9.6 - 9.8 quality so I was hoping to get them graded to sell or auction!

@jvasilatos Please get pretty much all of those books professionally pressed before you have them slabbed. Or at the very least, press screened. I can promise you from experience, those 9.4 and 9.6 grades on unpressed but well-preserved books will leave you wondering forever "what if"? If just one of the right books moves up to 9.8 it will make it all worthwhile.

Will do thanks!
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
I have a submission of 28 books I sent back in July 2019. All books have pressing. Currently no movement. Still received. I don’t even want to think about my October submission 😢 I know I didn’t submit all the same services or tiers but a whole year will have passed next month.

3 consumer (2 VSP)
4 Expanded
19 Modern (7 VSP)
2 Quickstream
Post 878 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Question about Verified Signature, If the signature fails and you chose not to have it graded without verification, do you typically get notification of the failed verification before the rest of the submission goes to grading? My books are in grading now and I'm still being charged for the slabbing of this particular book, so I'm hoping that no news is good news?
Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector TMAN2873 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceralDreams
I have a submission of 28 books I sent back in July 2019. All books have pressing. Currently no movement. Still received. I don’t even want to think about my October submission 😢 I know I didn’t submit all the same services or tiers but a whole year will have passed next month.

3 consumer (2 VSP)
4 Expanded
19 Modern (7 VSP)
2 Quickstream

I'm in the same boat. My submission was received on Aug 16, 2019. Here's what I know to date. I emailed Steve Paulus over a week ago for an update on Oakville's opening. No response. I emailed Steve Borock a few days ago. He said he hopes the border opens on June 22. I replied back "can you explain what the border opening has to do with the Oakville office?" No response. So, with that in mind, one can only assume that Steve Paulus is waiting for the border to open so he can come back to Canada and run the Oakville office. BUT, if that assumption is correct, don't they have any employees living in Canada that can run the shop? I suggest taking your frustrations online on their Instagram and Facebook posts. It's not right to take money from people and make us wait this long. We have a right to be frustrated. Look at CGC... business as usual. That's even more frustrating to see.
Post 880 IP   flag post

Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in Canada and I have been waiting on over 30 books to be pressed/graded, for almost nine months now.
Their status finally changed to "In grading" 3 weeks ago, and then "Shipping to Canada" about a week ago.

With all the talk about Oakville, I'm left confused. Are they sending my books to Oakville first, or directly to my personal address? What is the norm? How long should I expect to wait for the status to change from "Shipping" to "Shipped"? Is Oakville open?

I'm asking any CBCS rep that sees this. Or anyone that has answers.
Post 881 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
I'm in Canada and I have been waiting on over 30 books to be pressed/graded, for almost nine months now.
Their status finally changed to "In grading" 3 weeks ago, and then "Shipping to Canada" about a week ago.

With all the talk about Oakville, I'm left confused. Are they sending my books to Oakville first, or directly to my personal address? What is the norm? How long should I expect to wait for the status to change from "Shipping" to "Shipped"? Is Oakville open?

I'm asking any CBCS rep that sees this. Or anyone that has answers.

@GAC just responded "Yes" to a question in a different thread as to whether the Toronto office is open. Perhaps @GAC can give you add'l info.
Post 882 IP   flag post
cool, thanks!
Post 883 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ambush_Bug If you’re using CBCS Canada, the books are sent to the Canadian office then sent out from there via their shipping method of choice.

This is normal. They wait until they can send several orders to the Canadian office at once to reduce the international shipping costs. Because of this, CBCS Canada has longer than normal turnaround times.
Post 884 IP   flag post
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I just hope I don't have to wait another month for them to send their next planned shipment out.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector nikki666666 private msg quote post Address this user
1st time ive submitted to CBCS... My books have been delivered to the offices and been signed for by A.Riano..??? is this someone that works for CBCS?

Ive had no indication from CBCS that they have my books. Just the email from my parcel delivery company to say thats who signed for it.

Really need to know they arrived safely as i have my prized X-Men1 amongst my books.

Status still says submitted in my acount and they were signed for last Monday.

can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Post 886 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@nikki666666

Congrats on your submission.

It will take a couple of days to a week or so, depending on their shipments received, to get an item checked in. Once their personnel has checked in and properly reviewed, cataloged and prepped your submission, then the status will change to received at which point, your TAT actually Begins.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Collector Bluetomb private msg quote post Address this user
My order has been stuck in "Billing" status for 2 months. Any ideas why?

Order Number: 20-1608591
Post 888 IP   flag post
@Bluetomb You’ll have to provide some specifics about your order

Is it being submitted for pressing? Did you use Grade Screen on your order?
Post 889 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki666666
1st time ive submitted to CBCS... My books have been delivered to the offices and been signed for by A.Riano..??? is this someone that works for CBCS?

Ive had no indication from CBCS that they have my books. Just the email from my parcel delivery company to say thats who signed for it.

Really need to know they arrived safely as i have my prized X-Men1 amongst my books.

Status still says submitted in my acount and they were signed for last Monday.

can anyone shed any light on this for me?

You'll receive an email usually when they are in received status, but it might take a few business days. I know some companies have the policy to let the parcel sit for a few days before checking them in due to coronavirus protocols. I would suggest checking your dashboard and it should change from processing to received one of these days.
Post 890 IP   flag post
Collector Qillabee private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused. Folks on here are LITERALLY SAYING that CBCS has had their books for almost a year, and there's no real answer as to why, yet CGC is out here doing in-house signings and sending the books back within 7 days. I'd prefer CBCS over CGC, but damn man, nothing about this thread could ever make me trust CBCS. It's not worth the time. Pressed or not. Good business practices ARE NOT HAPPENING HERE!
Post 891 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

No pressing but yes to Signatures. I had to have them in by April 23rd for the Greg Capullo / Donny Cates event that I think was in May. I understand that they are likely not graded at this point but it concerns me that my status has never changed from "Billing" over the last two months. Balance shows 0 due and my card has been charged.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Collector BatmanofSteeI private msg quote post Address this user
@Bluetomb

Same, I submitted books for Snyder, Capullo, King and Frank Miller. I found an interview that said the signings would take place in May but I am also still in billing with a balance of 0. According to the initial email the books would likely ship at the end of June. Now I understand this was not a a hard date (and I found an interview where CBCS claimed that Miller would be finishing his signing at the end of May which made it a bit better )

I'm not expecting any guaranteed turn around times but it would be nice to know if the signings even took place yet with all the Covid 19 related cancellations and whatnot.
Post 893 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Qillabee - Pressing has been a mess for some time, and you should have known that upfront if you went that route. I submitted books at the end of September knowing and accepting the fact that it would be many months before they would be done. I am not worried about the books I submitted, they will eventually find their way home. Even with the current climate, CBCS has taken steps to address that problem, and I am sure that TATs for pressing will eventually get back to a normal time period. Non-pressed TATs have been great, 3 to 4 weeks for most of my recent orders, including some that required verified signatures. And CBCS has been offering several discounts/promotions, released their Census, has new cases coming soon, and is working on magazine-sized slabs. So it may not be all good, but pretty darn good overall considering the times.
Post 894 IP   flag post
@BatmanofSteeI

Yes, that is my concern as well. If the books were signed already I would expect some sort of status change (Processing | In Progress) or something. I agree that it would be nice to know if the signing ever took place or not.
Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetomb
20-1608591

Let me look into this invoice for you.
Post 896 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H

Thank you very much!
Post 897 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Qillabee - Pressing has been a mess for some time, and you should have known that upfront if you went that route. I submitted books at the end of September knowing and accepting the fact that it would be many months before they would be done. I am not worried about the books I submitted, they will eventually find their way home. Even with the current climate, CBCS has taken steps to address that problem, and I am sure that TATs for pressing will eventually get back to a normal time period. Non-pressed TATs have been great, 3 to 4 weeks for most of my recent orders, including some that required verified signatures. And CBCS has been offering several discounts/promotions, released their Census, has new cases coming soon, and is working on magazine-sized slabs. So it may not be all good, but pretty darn good overall considering the times.

I have nothing in CBCS, there's not really anything for me to know. I gave them my books at C2E2 and got them back in 2.5 weeks. I'm good. I'm speaking for all of these other people. But when you look at their competitors, this isn't pretty darn good. And from reading these comments, communication isn't good. None of what you said will matter to someone waiting darn near a year for their books.
Post 898 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Qillabee Don't let the Pressing turn around times put you off. Its exactly like @esaravo said. There is so much good stuff going on with CBCS and they're currently addressing the Pressing TATs. This is a great company that is very hobby friendly. Their grading is second to none. Hang in there.....if you do, you'll be glad you did.

PS. I've got 2 submissions (with Pressing) right now and I've got zero concerns.
Post 899 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Qillabee Don't let the Pressing turn around times put you off. Its exactly like @esaravo said. There is so much good stuff going on with CBCS and they're currently addressing the Pressing TATs. This is a great company that is very hobby friendly. Their grading is second to none. Hang in there.....if you do, you'll be glad you did.

PS. I've got 2 submissions (with Pressing) right now and I've got zero concerns.

That's good to know. I had zero issues with my stuff too, and that was the first time I ever did it. I prefer them to the other companies. I was more concerned because these posts are nothing but ISSUES!
Post 900 IP   flag post
CGC is currently quoting about 2 weeks turnaround time for moderns, so just about on par with CBCS.

The pressing turnaround time is an embarrassment. I knew it was bad when I submitted my books and the TATs have about doubled while I’ve been waiting. They have starting taking steps to address it so opefully they start coming down to match or beat CGC’s 2 months

Customer service has more miss than hit since Zack left and the call center doesn’t seem to be of much help. Emailing tends to be better but can still take a week or more to respond.

Basically, submit books for grading but avoid pressing with them for the time being.
Post 901 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Qillabee The issues are related to Pressing TATs and difficulty reaching a Customer Service rep (which is also being addressed). The best way to reach Customer Service is by email;
customerservice@cbcscomics.com
and it may take a little time to hear back. Once the Pressing TATs are back to normal these issues will disappear.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qillabee
I'm speaking for all of these other people. But when you look at their competitors, this isn't pretty darn good. And from reading these comments, communication isn't good. None of what you said will matter to someone waiting darn near a year for their books.

Point 1) You do not speak for me.

Point 2) While initially, I had hoped I would receive my pressed comics back from my SDCC dropoff by Thanksgiving, I knew that there was a real probability of a greater time frame. Were it not for the pandemic from Wuhan China and the subsequent move of their pressing operations from FL to TX, I am confident I would have had everything back by now. Fact is, with the quality of the product that CBCS produces, I am completely fine with the current delay on the pressing side...Especially because of my next point.

Point 3) Most of the communication issues stem from an outsourced call center, on top of CBCS attaining a very high/rapid growth over the past year and a half, and having to further adjust to and absorb the ramifications of the acquisition by Beckett. Having a business background, I understand that. Further, I can tolerate such if a company I am working with acknowledges their short comings and is working to alleviate its issues and is enhancing their offering and overall experience. Which, CBCS is doing.

Point 4) Re-read point 1. One should not speak in absolutes nor should one presume to speak for others when not called upon to do so.

Nuff said.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@Bluetomb PM Sent
Post 904 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H can you have a quick look at the pm I sent through if you get chance.

Kind regards
Post 905 IP   flag post
601345 999 30