Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H How'd that go?
Post 751 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the email that my books went into grading!!! woohoo!!

Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector BSeldin305 private msg quote post Address this user
I also received an email this AM. I want to believe it, but I don't think its accurate.

"We are happy to notify you that your CBCS submission 19-26F632A has been received by the CBCS Receiving Department and is now being held in our safe, waiting to enter the grading process.

Once your submission reaches the grading room, you will be notified by email. Subsequent email updates will be sent to you as your submission moves through the certification, encapsulation, and shipping processes."
Post 753 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
my books are in Labels now!
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
and some day, my books will get through pressing...
Post 755 IP   flag post

I've got 2 submission (Jan and Feb) in Pressing..the one that's in Labels now was from April, grade only.
Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC My three in pressing were submitted in early September, they also are getting sigs verified, so I don't know if that holds it up any. The dashboard hadn't move the needle past "Processing - Received"
Post 757 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
@GAC My three in pressing were submitted in early September, they also are getting sigs verified, so I don't know if that holds it up any. The dashboard hadn't move the needle past "Processing - Received"
all books in pressing are backed up. People are still waiting on books from August
Post 758 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
all books in pressing are backed up. People are still waiting on books from August

I like to think of it as being deposited in CBCS’s secure vault, safe from Viruses from China, earthquakes, and other hazards.
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Holy smokes. I had 4 books received yesterday and paid for fast pass.

They went through "received", "billing" and "submitted" yesterday.

Today they are in "grading".

WOW that IS fast.

EDIT: (As of 20 minutes ago, the invoice says they are in "Labels" )

And as of today, the control panel shows QC and the invoice shows "imaging".

Needless to say, I am a very, very happy customer. This has been my absolute best CBCS experience to date. Thanks guys!
Post 760 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk - Congratulations - "Imaging" means you get a free picture of the front cover to go with the grader's notes AND your book will be in the "Featured Comic" section of the website!
Post 761 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Paint_Monk - Congratulations - "Imaging" means you get a free picture of the front cover to go with the grader's notes AND your book will be in the "Featured Comic" section of the website!

Actually, no, I just pay for images of all my books because I'm too impatient to wait for the box to arrive and I want to see everything immediately.

Post 762 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk - Okay - still it's nice to see TAT's so fast, especially during Convention Season, right?

I sent in five books that were received last Thursday and I got the email on Friday. Four of the five went into "Grading" yesterday, and the other one is likely waiting for a Verified Signature.
Post 763 IP   flag post
@esaravo I did use Fast Pass on mine, but it's still been three days since received and its already in QC. That's pretty darn amazing and far less than the time allotted even for Fast Pass.

If they ship today too, I might just faint. But no rush, I'm already super happy!
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector JustACollector private msg quote post Address this user
I sent five books in as an experiment (never used CBCS before) September 30th, 2019. I got four back relatively fast, but the fifth requires a sig verification and pressing. It's still not back as of May 8th, 2020. I sent 8 books into CGC in December and got them all back last month. I knew the pressing would take extra time, but 8 months for 1 book? According to phone support, it's still "processing" though...
Post 765 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user
Jim V is waiting 9 months now. That’s unbelievable.
Post 766 IP   flag post
@JustACollector With all respect to the people at CBCS who do an AMAZING job, their phone support in India is worth less than a quarter bin comic. If you have real questions, reach out to one of the mods here on the forums - @Darryl_H is particularly helpful.
Post 767 IP   flag post
Collector JustACollector private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk Thanks, I really just wanted to confirm it wasn't stuck or lost or something, but I could tell the phone support had no way of actually knowing; they probably just saw the same thing I did, that it was marked "processing." I think CBCS grades accurately, and I know pressing takes time (and maybe there's other difficulties with employees at home right now), but if they have so much of a backlog that they expect books to take 6-8 months, maybe it's time to invest in a few more graders and/or pressing equipment. After all, if they can return books faster and still have a steady stream to grade, they'll be bringing in profits faster too.
Post 768 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@JustACollector that’s already part of the plan with the move from FL to TX. They were out of physical room in FL.
Post 769 IP   flag post
@JustACollector - I made my first submission in 2018 and I'm a huge fan of CBCS and their services. Admittedly, I get impatient myself (especially with pressing!) and have had some horrible long waits like many others here.

But it's important to note that the people who ARE awesome at CBCS - and the product itself - are well worth the wait, no matter how crazy it might drive us from time to time!

I've just chosen to steer clear of CBCS pressing until they get their TATs under control - I'm still submitting books that don't need pressing or have been pressed by an outside service.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

How long do books stay in Labels typically?
Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

How long do books stay in Labels typically?

It depends on the volume of orders in labels and the due dates on the order along with all the other ones in labels. No set time, as the team tries to get them out ASAP and into SLAB and shipping.
Post 772 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H Thanks!
Post 773 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Say....mine has a "Pay Balance" button...I thought they just used the card on record??

I also went though the CBCS Canada route....do I have to click pay balance?? will I be charged in USD instead of CAD?

20-02FB4DC
Post 774 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
What's the turn around on getting raw grades and paying for fast pass?
Post 775 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
So is anyone from CBCS going to offer some sort of update for us Canadians? Literally the only messaging I see about this is the default COVID popup on the CAN site that just has the 'closed until at least ____' date line that is occasionally updated to bump the date up another week or so - no other official messaging or discussion about solutions (curb side pickup from the facility for example).
Post 776 IP   flag post
@SauceDog No date as of yet for re-opening.

Edit: Sorry, I should have mentioned I spoke with Steve Paulus.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
So is anyone from CBCS going to offer some sort of update for us Canadians? Literally the only messaging I see about this is the default COVID popup on the CAN site that just has the 'closed until at least ____' date line that is occasionally updated to bump the date up another week or so - no other official messaging or discussion about solutions (curb side pickup from the facility for example).

Please send all Canada inquiries to Steve Paulus @ spaulus@cbcscomics.com, and he will be glad to answer these.

Please remember Canada is something we cannot control and are trying to update as soon as we know something.
Post 778 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My order, officially received last Monday, Is now “Completed” and waiting to ship! About a week and a half; all blue labels, no fast pass.

Now the unbearable wait for the grades to post!
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
NICE! @dielinfinite I had books in grading since last week and cant wait til they ship!
Post 780 IP   flag post
600915 999 30